Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

Just replaced the Blend Door Actuator on my Gen IV

Thanks benman, your diagram helped. That and a You Tube of a actuator relacement in a Mountaineer with the dual climate system. Took longer than planned but I got it repaced. Local Ford dealer had the right one in stock (confirmed by VIN) $75.00 Got all the screws out and back in after removing...
  2. I

Spent the better part of an hour under the passenger dash, no blend door actuator visible in all the stuff under there. Going to have to watch some YouTube videos to see if I can locate it. Any suggestions where it is for the passenger heat/cold. Is it in the center on the heater plenum or over...
  3. I

Hot but no cold So I have a 07 Limited with digital dual climate system. On the drivers side hot and cold no problem, passenger heat only. Never goes to cold. This sounds different from the symptoms that I've read. Most seem to have no heat. Think it's the same problem? Like to have the...
  4. I

Wheel bearing replacement.

Done Finally finished! Gave up Sunday because my press wouldn't touch moving the bearings. Took them to a shop Monday,$40 each for the press work.The guy that said it was hard on the 40 ton. Hardest part of reassembly was the springs on the e-break. Best part, the noise is gone! Smooth...
  5. I

Ok, so I'm an idiot. I've been reading my calipers wrong. Correct socket size is 35mm. $20.00 at Pep Boys. One side is apart, taking a break for dinner and a beer. Restart tomorrow. One note thats not in any of the instructions: Release the e-break cable, under the drivers side door so you can...
  6. I

Can someone confirm the size of the rear axle nut? I measure it at 41mm but that seams to be the least common size socket in the world. Even NAPA has to special order it. Looks like I'm putting all the parts back together until I can find the socket.
  7. I

So, back to the original question: how do I replace the rear bearings? '07 Limited, 145k, noisy going down the road. Shop replaced the fronts ($789.00) they want another $600 to do the rears. New Timkin hub and bearing is only $110.00 each. How hard is the install?
  8. I

Automatic transmission oil change.

So, the '07 has neither a dipstick nor a drain plug. Geuss I have to drop the pan. CLean it out, refill with as much as I can, then do the cooler flush trick.
  9. I

Automatic transmission oil change.

Aldive - Fill me in on the steps for the DIY ATF change and flush. Is there a post or thread here with the details? What brand/type ATF is prefered these days? Synthetic? Basic Motorcraft? My stock '07 Limited just turned 27,000mi and I'm thinking it's time to change the ATF with the next...
Back