Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

On my way to the Supercharger!

Hey Alec have some confidence in yourself. :) If i could replace my head gaskets with my only previous experiance being replacing a head gasket on a 3.5 hp briggs and stratton engine then you can certainly do this. It is really straight forward and I would say that it is easy. If you do decide...
  2. C

Hey Alec have some confidence in yourself. :) If i could replace my head gaskets with my only previous experiance being replacing a head gasket on a 3.5 hp briggs and stratton engine then you can certainly do this. It is really straight forward and I would say that it is easy. If you do decide...
  3. C

Gas Milage Problem

I would lay blame on the 02 sensors. It usually takes much more then 100K before the Fuel Pres. Reg. decides to quit. You can check the vacum line that comes off the fuel pres. reg. and see if there is gas in there. A better way to check your Pres. Reg. is to put a fuel pres. gauge on the...
  4. C

MPG puzzle - Who can figure it out?

When I had my explorer (93 xlt 4.0 ohv 4 door 4x4) I got exactly 15 mpg no matter if it was city or highway even with the intake, headers, highflow cat, and cat back. It had 3.27 gears and 30x9.5 goodyear at/s. I couldnt figure out what was going on. -Chav
  5. C

Teach me.....

Say we are doing a 302 v-8 replacement. This will be from a 97 5.0 explorer. You need radiator, engine, tranny, and the other stuff that has already been pointed out. Most importantly you need the computer for the tranny and engine and wirring harness. If you are going to do a carb'd swap then u...
  6. C

ATF .. Crankcase or the fuel tank?

When u add it to ur fuel it wont lubricate ur lifters. It only will go through the fuel system. Fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel lines, fuel rail, and fuel injectors. It will help clean these and it does cost a lot less then injector cleaner. Right before ur gonna do an oil change u can put some atf...
  7. C

Replacing intake Gasket

You can check the Fuel Pres. Reg. with a vacum pump, but i dunno what u would do to clean it. Besides the intake gasket you can just visually look for any damamge and clean the intake with some carb cleaner. Thats pretty much all i did just clean and look for broken parts. Maybe someone with...
  8. C

Replacing intake Gasket

The valve cover gaskets on mine where a beast to get off. I had to use a wooden board and a hammer to break the silicon bead from the factory gasket. I dunno if they make a rubber valve cover gasket, but if they do u should try and get ur hands on a couple of those because covering the cork...
  9. C

Yeah thats what i was thinking. -Chav
  10. C

Yeah thats what i was thinking. -Chav
  11. C

Hey Cameron did u find out if Explorers have map sensors? I am starting to wonder if i was right about that. I thought it was either maf or map and not both, but maybe its maf and map or just map. -Chav
  12. C

Hey Cameron did u find out if Explorers have map sensors? I am starting to wonder if i was right about that. I thought it was either maf or map and not both, but maybe its maf and map or just map. -Chav
  13. C

Cameron I'm pretty sure explorers have mass air flow meters and not manifold absolute pressure sensors. If we were turboing a civic we would need a new map sensor, but since the explorers have a maf the maf will tell the engine the amount of air entering the engine so that it can adj. the...
  14. C

Cameron I'm pretty sure explorers have mass air flow meters and not manifold absolute pressure sensors. If we were turboing a civic we would need a new map sensor, but since the explorers have a maf the maf will tell the engine the amount of air entering the engine so that it can adj. the...
  15. C

How can the computer restrict power output? Only way i can figure it would do that is by restricting fuel flow and that would cause a run lean condition. I know in Benz's the throttle by wire will allow the computer to restrict airflow, but how will an explorer do it? A change in timing or...
  16. C

How can the computer restrict power output? Only way i can figure it would do that is by restricting fuel flow and that would cause a run lean condition. I know in Benz's the throttle by wire will allow the computer to restrict airflow, but how will an explorer do it? A change in timing or...
  17. C

BBK SUPER CHARGER DYNO RESULTS

3.5k will go a long way towards swapping a 5.0. But you cant just consider money in all this. Time and frustration are a major part of swapping engines. We can say that a 5.0 swap that is efi will cost 6k proffesionally installed, does that seem reasonable? Anyway a bbk will be 3.5k. Now...
  18. C

need to bleed fuel?

Yeah i forgot i did that too. I think someone on here told me to run the fuel pump a couple times before I started it after the rebuild. -Chav
  19. C

need to bleed fuel?

I dunno. I didnt when I changed my head gaskets and injectors. I would assume that any air in the system would be either returned to the gas tank or injected into the engine which might cause a lean condition for the couple seconds or so before all the air is gone. I wouldnt worry about it if i...
  20. C

High flow Cat

Hollowing it out makes driving at 55- 65 a real pain in the... I think it is cause there is no low end torque in the rpm range. I also had borla headers and a borla cat back. http://www.randomtechnology.com makes good hi-flow converters. I sent them an e-mail and this is what i got back...
  21. C

Even if he can just barely beat a v-8. It is still beating a v-8 and that is pretty damn cool. -Chav
  22. C

Even if he can just barely beat a v-8. It is still beating a v-8 and that is pretty damn cool. -Chav
  23. C

My New Beast!!

Maaaannnnn you had me going until i read the twin sequential turbos. If you had only left that out I woulda believed ya...i'm so guilible....i guess its just that i wanted to believe that the beast really did exist. -Chav
  24. C

fuel injector cleaner

Put some ATF in your tank. There was a post about this before. I dunno exactly how much to put in, but i'd think like a quart for 20 gal. Anyway it'll clean ur injectors out. -Chav
  25. C

Crushed gas tank

Doesnt someone make high capacity fuel tanks? I remember a post about it a while ago. If you can find one for your truck this might be a good time to upgrade if you want. Just a thought. Oh yeah Leebo i know i'm no fun :). Just trying to make sure no one blows themselves up. -Chav
Back