Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

Error codes for 2004

My '04 Explorer is saying that we need to Diag Trouble Codes: A659 D900 E01 9318 9352 Does anyone know what these mean? They showed up after we had been towing the Explorer and the battery had also died.
  2. O

Temp control quit working

Thanks, I'll check that out as soon as it quits raining. Hopefully this afternoon.
  3. O

Temp control quit working

The temp control in my '98 AWD Ex quit working a few days ago. All I get is hot air no matter where the temp control is pointing. The heater valve works, as I've put a vacuum on it and it moves, I'm just not getting any vacuum to hold it closed. The vacuum line disappears under the blower...
  4. O

Too much cold air

Thanks for the info, I'll have to check on this to see if I want to tackle this or leave it to the dealer.
  5. O

Too much cold air

I stuck my fingers through the grill and could feel the door laying loose on blower motor. So, how difficult is the fix on this? New door or whole new heater box? thanks for the info, :thumbsup: John
  6. O

Too much cold air

Our '04 Ex has a cold air intrusion in the pass side foot well. I can't seem to find where the air is coming from. I've looked under the dash to see if there is a duct loose, but can't see anything out of place. I'm out of ideas here, and my wife is tired of having a blanket wrapped around her...
  7. O

'04 aux connection for MP3 player

That's the same thing I put in the '98, although it's cheaper here... http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=586 I guess I'll have to order from them again. thanks,
  8. O

'04 aux connection for MP3 player

We've just bought a'04 Limited with the 6 disc CD, and was wondering if anyone knows if and what kind of aux connection there is on the back of the radio. On our '98 I installed a kit that connected into the wiring harness, and would like to avoid that if possible with the '04. thanks, John
  9. O

where's 05 keyless code pad

We just went through this, as we just bought an '04. It's behind the trim panel on the right rear just below the seat belt retainer panel for the back seat. I had to pry it open, and use a flashlight and mirror to see it, but it was better than paying the dealer an hour's labor to look it up on...
  10. O

Flat towing a '98 AWD

As it stands my options are: 1)trailer it, too long for most RV parks; 2)leave the 98 as our summer car, sell 500, and buy a newer X, looking into this; 3) keep using the dolly w/ the 500, doable ,but a PITA, and last 4) hack up my 98, not cost effective. Thinking option 2 is the best bet...
  11. O

Flat towing a '98 AWD

Thanks for the replies and the info on the T-case swap, but that's a whole lot more work, and money that I'm willing to put into a 10 year old vehicle. If I was about 30 years younger, I might jump into a project like that. So, as it stands, it's the Five hundred on a dolly, or find a newer X...
  12. O

Flat towing a '98 AWD

I'm grasping at straws, but here goes. We have a 98 V-8 AWD that we want to pull behind our motorhome. What I'm looking for is there anyone that makes manual locking hub kits for the front and rear axles? I really don't want to sell/trade due to, 1: my wife likes it, and 2: you can't get...
Back