Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Looking to get a Sport Trac

That they are. I did spot one for sale down in Florida with only 12k on it, and it had the copper metallic clearcoat that is one of my top choices, but the interior was that tan color that I really don't care for. I'm planning on taking my time on this. I'm keeping an eye on AutoTrader...
  2. L

That's not a bad idea. I guess if it comes down to a 2008 with low miles vs a 2010 with higher miles for the same money, the spark plug issue on its own shouldn't hold me back, especially if they'll swap out the plugs for new ones. *sigh* If only more of these were on the market so I could...
  3. L

Mmmmm.... so basically some 2008 models will have the troublesome design, but the 2009/2010 models definitely won't? I certainly appreciate that tip. And yeah, the 2010 models with the Adrenalin package are insanely priced. I've seen them listed for around $33k, vs $22k-$25k for comparable...
  4. L

$800 spark plug change???? I just read over the problems you were having and it sure sounds like the issues my wife has had with her Envoy. I think we are finally past the worst of that. But yeah, problems like those are the things that worry me about buying used, but new vehicles are just so...
  5. L

Howdy all. I'm seriously looking into getting a late model Sport Trac and thought I'd make some inquiries here about opinions/experience with the various options available. Just for reference, I used to own a 2000 Explorer Sport (2-door SUV) with a 4.0L engine and minor upgrades (cat-back...
  6. L

Driver's side door lock issues

Hmmm.... that is a most excellent point! I will get on it ASAP. Thanx a bunch all. :salute:
  7. L

Rear hatch lock issues

I just checked it... key works fine now.
  8. L

Thanks for the tip. Does the part come with any sort of instructions on installing? It seems I'd have to do a lot of work blindly inside the door, attaching it and everything else back to it.
  9. L

Rear hatch lock issues

Yeah, I used white lithium grease. Very good stuff. I avoid WD40 like the plague. I used to work in a skateboard shop years ago, and we were constantly seeing people come in who had used WD40 on their wheel bearings, and the WD40 had ate up the wheels. Nasty, corrosive stuff if it gets on...
  10. L

Howdy all. Having a problem with my driver's side door lock intermittently failing to unlock. I tried lubing it up which so far has worked out for the rear hatch as recommended in another thread, but the front door appears more complicated. The problem is that it fails to unlock with the...
  11. L

Rear hatch lock issues

Thanx gman. I took it all apart and checked out the lock. I could see where, when it wouldn't open, how the mechanism was moving slightly when trying to unlock with the remote. Repeated clicking of the unlock switch would move the arm a little bit at a time until it eventually reached the...
  12. L

Rear hatch lock issues

Howdy all. I'm having some issues with the rear hatch on my 2000 Explorer Sport. The remote unlock won't open it, nor will the key open it. This once was an intermittent problem but now seems permanent. The only way to get the door unlocked is to crawl into the back and flick the lock switch...
Back