Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

where to install my factory tow hooks

i recently installed a three inch body lift on my 2001 ford ranger my only problem is i can't reinstall my factory tow hooks in the front. i am open to any suggestions...
  2. R

me being stupid and now need help

I went through alot of mud last night and some got sucked up into my intake and now at an idle the RPM's jump and sometimes dies, also it smells like it is running really rich. I cleaned my k&N filter, cleaned my MAF sensor, and the rest of my intake but it still does it but when i unplug the...
  3. R

Quest For Bigger Tires

I am getting a set of pro comp xterrain 33/12.50/15's given to me and i am putting them on my Ranger to replace the 31's i have now i have a three inch suspension lift and i beleive i can fit them the way it sits now but i think in will scrub so i am going to put a torsion bar key in the front...
  4. R

Steering Wheel "Shudder", what's the cause?

well here is one peice of information most dont about fords they do some times get air in the lines mainly when they are lifted in the air when work is being done to them. But an easy way to fix it is tho run the truck and crank the wheel back and forth while you are in park for a couple mins...
  5. R

quick trans fluid question

i work at a shop and the fastest way to remove the fluid is to find the tranny fluid lines and either take it off at the tranny or up near the radiator. and drain some out and fill it to what you would consider full. But if it is at the full mark than you should be fine..
  6. R

2004 explorer service engine soon light on

just take the truck to a part store like autozone and they can hook up the scanner and tell you what the problem for free as long as the light is still on if it isnt than there is no point. hope this helps
  7. R

Body Lift Kit

what the call torsion twist means raising the torsion bars but there is a problem with doing that. If you raise it to much you will ruin your tires cause it will change the camber of the tires but if you want to do it there is a bolt at the back of each bar lift each one the same by counting...
  8. R

Worst stuck pic thread

Midnight Mudding picture didnt work sorry..
  9. R

lifting questions

the torsion bar keys are $70 and the shackle lift is $30 but the body lift is close to $400 with gap gaurds and shifter extention so i am tring to go cheap since i am kinda on a budget. but i measured from the center of my wheel and i think i can clear them but i am planning on trimming so it...
  10. R

lifting questions

I have a 2001 Ford Ranger Edge 2wd that already has a 3" suspension lift and has 31/10.50/15. I want to go bigger of course i want 33/12.50/15 i really dont want to go through putting a body lift on it but i was thinking of putting a 3" inch torsion bar key lift and a 2" shackle lift in the rear...
Back