Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Under dash LED lighting

Well I don't remember exactly but I just powered each floor light with the corresponding map light.
  2. J

Under dash LED lighting

It was a bit of a pain. The reason I did it, was because my bulb was burning up the plastic and there are no replacement bulbs to be found anywhere for these trucks. I also wanted prettier lighting. I am in the woods at times, with no nearby light sources. So when I open my door or hit the key...
  3. J

Will this jump starter work?

I was given this jump starter as a Christmas gift. It says it is 450 amps and 900 peak amps. I have read online that you want it to have at least the amount of amps as the cold cranking amps that your battery has. The batteries for the ford explorers range from 650 to around 800. I have a 1999...
  4. J

Airbag light flashing

Ah that was exactly it. It feels like the connection is really loose. All I did was jiggle it and it fixed the problem.
  5. J

Airbag light flashing

Which wire is it?
  6. J

Airbag light flashing

I have a 99 sport. When I turn it on the airbag light comes on, (I'm assuming that's what it is) the light with the person in the seat and the circle infront of it. It flashes 3 times, then 7, then 3, then 7. Not sure how many times it does it, but it does it for a bit then it stays lit. It...
  7. J

How to Replace Door Lock Striker

I couldn't find the PEX. Is it in the irrigation aisle in Home Depot? What is it used for (where would I find it)?
  8. J

Autolamp Rear View Mirror Problems

Has anyone had trouble with the Autolamp timer on the rear view mirror? Mine is really jittery/flickery. I mean it won't stay on the off position, or it will stay completely off, or it will stay completely on for 3 minutes. There is no actual timer about it. It seems like something is just loose...
  9. J

Where to Get Sunroof Seal/Weatherstripping?

I guess it isn't supposed to be a water tight seal. Water is supposed to leak and drain through the tubes under the glass.
  10. J

It should last for a while. Maybe not as long as stock, but it is rubber and not hard plastic. The flexibility of the rubber should make it able to withstand more hits, at least I think. I will let you know how it wears.
  11. J

3rd Gen Air Box Mod

Just did this the other night. There is a noticeable difference just by taking off the silencer. I'm not sure if there is much or any more hp gain from any more holes. Here is how mine looks:
  12. J

Tired of your old broken/chipped door lock strikers? Do they look like this or worse? Okay so after buying the Dorman Help! door lock striker bushing kit (O'Reilly has them for around $4.00), I found out that it is only for the tailgate and not the doors. I searched around on this forum and...
  13. J

Aiming Headlights

The metal sticks are the adjustment knobs. They are supposed to be in the little slot or place near the top of the headlamp under the flap so you can easily adjust them. If they aren't there, but you can see them in there somewhere just pull the headlamp assembly out and correct them. Once...
  14. J

Where to Get Sunroof Seal/Weatherstripping?

My sunroof is loud, and leaks a little. I have looked all over the internet and can't seem to find any weatherstripping for a sunroof. I've looked on the forum, and couldn't find any directions on what to use. The weatherstripping is on the glass itself, and it seems like no one sells it... I'm...
  15. J

Spectre Modular Air Intake Will It Fit?

I think that's what I'll do. I checked the inventory at my local Pick and Pull and they have a bunch of explorers since the last time I've been there. I'll just check them out and grab the best looking one.
  16. J

I haven't used anything on it. It is mostly on the outside, but I believe it is also a little bit on the inside. It's hard to tell on the inside, it just doesn't feel smooth. It feels gritty almost. I tried washing it in the sink, but that didn't help at all. There is still greasy black stuff...
  17. J

I just can't stand the black rubber tube. Is there anything I can get to replace it? It is like degrading really bad.
  18. J

Does anyone have any thoughts?
  19. J

The stock intake tube sucks big ones. Every time I work on my truck it gets black sooty stuff all over my hands and arms. It is like degrading, and I'm worried it's degrading into my intake manifold. I just want to get rid of it and go to chrome or metal. The added horsepower won't be bad...
  20. J

Not sure if this is the correct section, but does anyone know if this will work? The IAC tube and the other tube that connects into the air hose doesn't really line up with the holes on this one. I was wondering if it would work with my 99 explorer sport sohc. Air Intake...
  21. J

Problem Changing Oil

Of course. When I check the oil, I usually check it 3-4 times to be sure.
  22. J

My thoughts on a reason to stay away from FRAM oil filters...

I wouldn't tighten it with the filter wrench, but maybe that's just me. Have you seen how thin the filter container is? You could be smashing the inside when you tighten it. I know what you mean. I just got a fram tough guard with 5 qt pennzoil high mileage 10w-40 it was on sale both for...
  23. J

Need help with lighting

Haha, it's good stuff.
  24. J

Help! Stabilizer bar really loose!

I don't think they could have given any less detailed instructions. It's really hard to tell if they are expanding unless you really crank it down. I'm gonna keep mine where they're at though. There has to be some degree of error in there if their instructions are that obscure. I'm sure any auto...
  25. J

My thoughts on a reason to stay away from FRAM oil filters...

I don't think fram is worried about a handful of consumers over their savings using all paper filters. I wish I would have read this post a few days ago when I changed my oil... I doubt anything bad can come from screwing on a filter too tight other than it being really hard to get off. They...
Back