Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

E-brake shoe replacement question...

So I just got back from failing my VA inspection due to needing to replace rear E-brake shoes. Dealer wants $390 for the job!!!! Just curious if any of you have had to replace this and how big of a PITA it is. Autozone sells the shoes for $57.00 and new hardware for $25. Wanting to know if any...
  2. B

If I go with 265/70/17 tires what size if any spacer would look best on 2005 4X4 EB??

I am thinking or 2.25 front and 1.75 in back for lift but stilll don't know what wheel spacers to use????? Any help or direction would be appreciated from anybody!!!
  3. B

If I go with 265/70/17 tires what size if any spacer would look best on 2005 4X4 EB??

Hey Donner I am really looking for the best combination to be honest. I am curious what 265/70/17 would look like if everything was stock. But am also interested in what it would look like with wheel spacers. On top of that what it would look like with RB's lift spacers. I have yet to find pics...
  4. B

JCUZ are you saying I will rub slightly without wheel spacers, but if I put 1.5 spacer it would be fine. I am seriously thinking about going with RB's lift spacers as well but on the pics I have seen 3 inch front 2.5 back seems a bit much for this size tire??? what are your thoughts on this??
  5. B

Post the pics of your wheels here!!! STREET TRUCKS!!!

exactly what size are the tires, metric?? are you running wheel spacers on this. Love the look, that is what I am trying to get on my 05 EB 4X4.
  6. B

I have a 2005 4X4 EB 4.6 and want to get some bigger meats...anybody have pics of one with the 265/70/17's? Just want to get an idea what it will look like b4 making a decision on what to buy.
  7. B

Want to upgrade stock tires, what is biggest available with or without lift.

Thanks for the information!!! The look you have on your explorer is what I am trying to accomplish. The stock tires on it just don't do the ex any justice. You only have a spring lift?? or do you have a body lift in it as well?? Again thanks for the info.
  8. B

largest tire size availble for 05 EB 4X4??

I am wanting to upgrade tire size and am wanting some info. on what is the largest availble without lift,as well as with a 2"lift. If anyone has pics of an 05with lift and larger tires I would love to see!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  9. B

Want to upgrade stock tires, what is biggest available with or without lift.

Just found the site, think it is awesome that something like this is available!!! I have an '05 EB 4X4 and am wanting to put some bigger tires on it. Just trying to see what options are out there. If anyone has input on what you can replace without a lift that would be great. OEM is 245/65/17...
Back