Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. MrQ

"Red Bull"

14 months later... Not much has changed. Couple of times I took Red out last year to stretch his legs proved disastrous with one instance where the rear driveshaft nearly fell off. 😳 He has also constantly been plagued by misfiring issues and low power. Turns out that aftemarket headers and...
  2. MrQ

2012 F-150 XLT "White Elephant"

Truck turned over 245k this past week. I'm definitely getting my money's worth out of Elephant. Should be at a 250k miles by the end of the year.
  3. MrQ

3D Printed First Gen parts

Correct, which is why I use a .6mm nozzle. If you dry your filament (PETG is hygroscopic and absorbs moisture pretty quickly.), set your coast and retraction you can get the stringing down considerably in short runs. You can also run PETG a little colder and it'll help with stringing too, but...
  4. MrQ

Translucent PETG is pretty cool, however you have to run it pretty hot, slow, and thin to get it transparent.
  5. MrQ

Current prototype project. 3D printed third brake light lens. Lens is red tinted clear PETG, housing is ABS.
  6. MrQ

For Sale thread with available printed parts: For Sale - 3D Printed Parts for 1st Gen
  7. MrQ

For Sale 3D Printed Parts for 1st Gen

I have been backwards engineering 1st gen parts and printing them. This is my current stock. Material is PETG (better durability and higher temp than basic PLA, think water bottle material) These have been test fit in my 1st gen, Stripe, so I know they work. These are unfinished so you can...
  8. MrQ

ABS is an option for higher temps, but so is PETG. I'll be evaluating different materials for these applications and I'll see what works best. Vendor status is an option, but I don't want to be premature. If anything will happen it will likely be early next year before I'm ready to move forward.
  9. MrQ

To answer a few questions: These were modeled in Solidworks 2018 and dimensionally should be within .010-.020" of an inch. Measurements were taken with a caliper and part deterioration may lead to some inaccuracies. Slicer is Cura 5.1 Printer is a Creality CR-6 SE with a .4mm nozzle Printed...
  10. MrQ

For Sale thread open with available parts for sale: For Sale - 3D Printed Parts for 1st Gen Just recently got into 3D printing and started trying my hand at making some of those unobtainium or "impossible to find unbroken" 1st gen pieces. First, the oft broken sun visor bracket And then...
  11. MrQ

Riding down the freeway

I drive both my lifted Ex's (93 stick and 98 v8) at or above speed limits. It's hard enough winding up that 4.0l on 33's to get to 65, so the only thing im dropping for a turn that looks iffy is the gear. ( ie: westbound I-10 exit for Hwy 71 in TX) Fun factoid, I drove to Austin at 75mph with a...
  12. MrQ

"Red Bull"

After sitting in the garage for almost a year, I cranked Red over, put insurance back on the beast and started driving around. Not a lot's changed, I just missed my friend. Got some work still to do, but if feels good to be packing mud into the wheel wells again.
  13. MrQ

4.0L SOHC to 4.0L OHV Pushrod Swap?

If you have a Job 1 Sport Trac, I would just get my hands on a 2000 manual OHV PCM. Will save you headaches, otherwise it should all match up.
  14. MrQ

Dog Hair Mitigation

I have a German Shepherd as well and he used to ride in the back. No matter how much you brushed him, there was always more. Plus he has anxiety attacks. No matter what I did to restrain him he always got out and tried to get in the driver's foot well while I am driving. A 90lb dog in that...
  15. MrQ

Electrical Fire in Platinum

Absolutely, opening the hood if there is smoke coming from it immediately adds more oxygen if there is a fire and it can blow out in your face. It may be your first instinct to see what's wrong, but your safety is more important Never re-enter a car or attempt to restart a car if there is smoke...
  16. MrQ

Who is dissatisfied with the 2020 Ten-Speed Trans

I have the 10 speed (6r80 not 6r60, slightly different) in my 2018 F150 shop truck bolted to the 3.5 eco. First thing I noticed was it's shifting around town like it was hunting for gears. Downshifts were delayed and MASSIVE, highway driving is excellent, but I don't like driving that thing...
  17. MrQ

2012 F-150 XLT "White Elephant"

Coming up on 228k miles. Taking a lot of trips back and forth to Austin and Elephant just keeps on going. MPG is not all that great, 14-15mpg, better if I keep my foot out of it, but I LOVE the sound of that Coyote V8. It makes this perfect rumble when I get on it and definitely lets people know...
  18. MrQ

hello ive got Ford Ranger 2003 manual transmission 4 cylinder pickup. generally runs fine except i cant get it to go above 75 mph and must be in 4th

*Mud and snow 235/75/15 is usually the right size for 15's on a Ranger. Those 31's are roughly 2" larger in diameter and at least 2" wider, which probably explains your struggle. Your speedo is also probably off unless you were re-geared or the speedo reprogrammed. Those roadside speed radars...
  19. MrQ

Stripe (again)

All big plans for Stripe are on hold for now, I'll keep up repairs and maintenance, but he is going to be a garage queen for a while. If Moab happens next year, I may bring him out to that though.
  20. MrQ

"Red Bull"

I'm taking some time off working on Red. Just focusing on my job and other things right now. But he's safe in my garage.
  21. MrQ

Any word from "Koda2000" ??

@koda2000 and I have had our disagreements about approaches to certain things, but his knowledge is always valuable to the forum. I wish him well.
  22. MrQ

Well that didn't take long!

I was incorrigible and was chirping tires with my dad's full length 95 grand voyager van back in the day. Doesn't matter what you give them, all it takes is that feeling when you bury the needle and they're gone to the gods of speed.
  23. MrQ

Well that didn't take long!

8 years ago, light rain on asphalt caused me to lock up and slide during a hard stop which caused a three car accident. Dodge took a Trailblazer hitch in the chin. No airbags deployed, hit landed right between the sensors. Damage included the grill, bumper, radiator, radiator support, condenser...
  24. MrQ

One Way to Save a First Gen: A4LD to 5R55E Swap (Completed)

Not saying it's not still incredibly useful in some situations, but I don't think Russell still supports this modification anymore.
Back