Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. MrQ

For Sale 3D Printed Parts for 1st Gen

I have been backwards engineering 1st gen parts and printing them. This is my current stock. Material is PETG (better durability and higher temp than basic PLA, think water bottle material) These have been test fit in my 1st gen, Stripe, so I know they work. These are unfinished so you can...
  2. MrQ

3D Printed First Gen parts

For Sale thread open with available parts for sale: For Sale - 3D Printed Parts for 1st Gen Just recently got into 3D printing and started trying my hand at making some of those unobtainium or "impossible to find unbroken" 1st gen pieces. First, the oft broken sun visor bracket And then...
  3. MrQ

2012 F-150 XLT "White Elephant"

Why name him "White Elephant"? Well apart from the obvious, "white elephant" sales are based on the original concept of "another man's trash is another man's treasure". When I saw Elephant 3 years ago, he was beaten, abused, and on his way to auction to the lowest bidder; his previous user...
  4. MrQ

M5OD clanking/weird noises/vibration VIDEO

So over the past few weeks the transmission has been making some funny clanking noises in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th in low RPM after I changed the clutch, flywheel, and slave. Vibrates really bad on the highway in 5th. Something is definitely wrong. I removed the shifter bushings and had the engine on...
  5. MrQ

Don't Go Swimming Without a Snorkel

I just recently pulled my 5.0 out of my 98 due to it running like crap, no power, and terrible fuel economy (well worse than a 5.0 usually gets). The truck got dunked during Harvey, but it still ran. Couldn't figure out the problem. Popped the oil pan and it was all clear then! :banghead: Yup...
  6. MrQ

OBX Headers Cheap!! Link in Thread

Found these guys online, this is the best deal I have found so far for these headers. OBX Exhaust Header For 97 98 99 00 01 Ford Explorer Mercury Mountaineer 5.0L $546 shipped!! I am not a seller or affiliated with this company in any, way, shape, or form. This is just information on a good...
  7. MrQ

New Cam Help 5.0

My question is, I am going to rebuild the engine in Red and I am looking at upgrading the cam while I'm there. I really want to maximize the low end grunt of the 5.0 since I am using it in an off road, DD setup. More horsepower would be nice, but not necessary. I have seen some cams mentioned...
  8. MrQ

How to Change your Fuel Pump - '95-'01 Explorers

Replacing fuel pump guide (Note: 99-up Fuel Systems are returnless. there is only one quick disconnect on the sending unit to remove and the fuel pressure regulator is in the sending unit): Dropping the tank requires a long 16mm for the front two bolts on the gas tank, a short 13mm, 8mm, 7mm...
  9. MrQ

Stripe (again)

Stripe Bandit #13 This Explorer started out life as a 93 Limited from Oklahoma. He was purchased by Russell ( @NICE59FORDF100 ) through a very arduous process with the owner and brought to Texas. Once there, as the A4LD was beyond redemption, he and Kris decided to do a full manual drivetrain...
  10. MrQ

Pics of 2nd Gen Explorer with aluminum Sport Trac wheels

I am trying to get an idea of what the aluminum Sport Trac wheels wrapped in 33's would look like on my 98. I have a set, but I am trying to decide if I am going to keep the chrome steelies (which I really like) or dump the Sport Trac wheels on it. My 98 with the chrome steelies (and the...
  11. MrQ

5.0 Possible cracked flexplate?

Hey all, Trying to get some input on a problem I have been having with Red. During Harvey, I misjudged the water level on a road and dunked the truck. I stalled the engine, but managed to get it started again. After that happened, I started getting a noise from the engine, kind of like a fan...
  12. MrQ

For Sale Spartan Locker for 8.8

I have Spartan auto locker that I bought brand new from RA. Unfortunately, I am too hard on the pedal and I wound up taking out my pinion bearings and had to swap the axle. Looks and acts brand new, nearly no wear. Used this at Moab in 2015 and made a hell of a difference. Works only in OPEN...
  13. MrQ

Grinding from the rear

Hey all, I need some input on a problem I have been having with Red. It seems a low grinding sound has developed somewhere around the rear end during acceleration. First thought is wheel bearings. I do have a spartan locker in the back which makes it a pain to try and remove the axles...
  14. MrQ

(Sold) Copperhead

My registry on my newest addition to the family. A little history - Shortly after I fixed the A/C in Dark Thunder, the transmission gave out. Things being what they were I donated it to Purple Heart. In 2014, I found I needed a truck again and purchased a 96 4x4 Club Cap Ram with the 5.9...
  15. MrQ

Moab 2016

Anybody got the the dates on this? I need to put in the vacation time for it early.
  16. MrQ

For Sale Selling Red Bull

Sad to see her go, but situations change. Anybody who went to Moab knows what this truck can do and the excellent work Bandit Customs has done on it. Asking 3500 Firm Link to registry.
  17. MrQ

For Sale D35 IFS Front Diff 3.73

I have a D35 3.73 front diff out of Red when I changed to 4.10 gears over a year ago. Worked fine when I removed it. Does NOT have the vac disconnect. The shaft ends have been plugged with dummy cv shafts to protect the seals and keep oil in. Its a little dirty, but not rusted. Asking $100...
  18. MrQ

Wanted "F" or "1" Torsion Bars

During the trails at Moab, my torsion bars showed what they were made of, which is apparently a stiff form of silly putty, and made wheeling very... interesting. I need the "F" or "1" torsion bars to get Red back to the proper height. Let me know if you have what I need. I need them shipped to...
  19. MrQ

Parting out 2001 Sport Drivetrain

Ok since I am going to be dropping Red's V6 drive train in my sport to make room for the V8, I need to get rid of the engine and transmission currently in Sky. All prices are OBO. This is mostly to fund the swap. Everything except for the step bars are still on the vehicle. I won't be...
  20. MrQ

2001 Explorer Sport "Clear Sky"

New Explorer to add to the garage: Specs: 4.0 SOHC 5r55e 2WD 3.73 gears Graphite Leather Sunroof 266k miles Audiophile Sound Engine apparently has been replaced as well as the transmission. I picked it up for a song with a working SOHC with no "Death Rattle" and a leaking transmission...
  21. MrQ

Green Heap

Yes, I finally have adopted my parents troubled Jeep Grand Cherokee. :rolleyes: This thing has been the bane of my existence since my parents got it two years ago. It needed work right off the bat and the thing never seems to run consistently. So my dad got fed up with it and turned it over to...
  22. MrQ

SOHC Dying when stopping/turning/acceleration

I have finally run out of ideas to fix this problem. I have been through 3 fuel pumps, two fuel filters, and a tank swap and I still can't get the engine to stop dying on me. It happens when I apply the brakes to stop. It bogs down and decides whether to die or get on its feet again. It also...
  23. MrQ

What is the rear axle in the 4wd 5th gen Explorer?

I know this seems like an odd question from a guy that doesn't have a fifth gen, but it seems to be some hidden secret, and its got me curious. I know the venerable 8.8 was used up till '10 with 3rd and 4th gens using the 8.8 pig with independent suspension. I'm just curious to know what the 5th...
  24. MrQ

Hankook Dynapro 265/75/16's

Hankook Dynapro 265/75/16's SOLD!! I just put 33's on Red Bull and I need to get rid of these. They have between 90%-80% tread left on them and about 6000 miles. Load range D. These tires were super quiet and well mannered. I would keep them if I had something to put them on, but since I don't...
  25. MrQ

"Baxter"

Well, I did it again. I convinced my parents to pick up an Explorer and get rid of that detestable Heep. Thanks to Russell, I was able to procure Baxter Bandit from him and already it has made quite an impression. Specs 1996 Eddie Bauer 5.0 V8 AWD 161k Saddle Tan Leather interior 255/70/16's on...
Back