Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

OMG NOOOO!! can I drop my oil pan???

Well i did it took me about 6.5 hours including cleaning time my engine was gumed up to the max unfortunately after driving it...it seems to be stopping up again looks like its gonna take some doing to get it all cleaned out hopefully im gonna drain the oil tomorrow and dump a gallon of carb...
  2. J

OMG NOOOO!! can I drop my oil pan???

Well im about to tow my explorer up to the shop put it on the rack and pull the oil pan ive lost oil pressure again first time a can of sea foam in the oil and letting it set with the drain plug out saved me this time ive got to go internal so the Dana 35 is gonna have to be dropped in order to...
  3. J

Oil pressure gauge shows no oil pressure!!

I have had this problem with mine, my fix is to go buy your self a can of seafoam. Pour half a can in your oil start the vehicle wait for oil pressure to pick up, let the vehicle warm up real good shut it off and let the oil drain for a good hour thin put new oil and filter.....just try it :P
  4. J

2000 Explorer Limited V8 AWD - Random No Start

I just woke up so ...here i go if read your post right you said it does it primarily in rain? i would check and see id the distributor cap was cracked and letting moister get in. Good luck also make sure its tight and just as an idea try pulling the 2 screws and putting a little bit of grease...
  5. J

4.0 OHV High Idle 2000ex

starts up at about 1600 and drops down to about 1200 has any one had this problem?
  6. J

Help with my Dash lights

ok i put a new stereo in and the next night on my way home turned on me headlights and no dash lights so i pulled the stereo found two wires unplugged but can not find where they got i put a light tester on them on them and both plugs gain a hot when i turn on the headlights so i know this is...
  7. J

A Little Lift

Thanks im new to the "Explorer" got mine a few weeks ago and well im the type i always have to mess with every thing i get so this one will be the same so ill take some pics soon to start the before and after my only other ? i can think of is my plastic factory moldings that go around the...
  8. J

A Little Lift

Ok i Have a 00 XLS 4 door 4wd im wanting to do a 3 inch body lift where would be the best place to find one and also to fit 33's if im not mistaken im going to have to crank the torsion bars. what do i put in the rear? and if i crank the torsions is it going to throw my ront end out of line?
Back