Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Sub box design ideas?

I'm installing 4 - 15's and 1 - 18 in my '93 XSport. I'm looking for unique box designs that I can build to make my system look good and maximize their performance. Any ideas would be great. Or any web sites that have this kind of thing. Oh...the subs are run by a 900 watt and a 1200 watt...
  2. C

Added miles to a 93 Sport

I just turned 150000 miles on my '93 Sport and I just want to know what kind of life an Explorer usually has regarding the engine? What problems can I expect from the high milage engine? Any parts I should be aware of that might need replacing? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  3. C

Problem with new Warn Manual hubs

I broke the automatic hubs on my 93 sport and decided to replace them with manual lockouts. I bought the hubs and conversion kit and put the new hubs on but they don't engage with they say they are locked. I don't understand. All the parts went on fine and everything fit together and I put...
  4. C

How do I take off the tailgate panel?

I only have a few hours to work on this project so any quick help would be great. How do I remove the inside talkgate panel correctly? I am going to use Rockford Noise reducing spray in the tailgate. I talked to our local dealer and he said it would work great. Now I just need to know what...
  5. C

Changing from Automatic to Manual 4x4

I recently broke the automatic hubs on my '93 Sport and bought manuals to replace them. I am new to owning an explorer and working on it so I don't know that much about replacing them. What do I need to do to make the new manuals fit into the system? What do I need to take off from the the...
  6. C

Looking to buy subs and/or amps

That's peak power. RMS is about 700.
  7. C

Looking to buy subs and/or amps

I want to upgrade the system in my '93 Sport. Right now I have 1400 watts running to a pair of fifteens. Ideally I would like to have four twelves running off two seperate amps. The only hitch is I'm a poor college student who is in love with car audio. This presents a problem. Does anyone...
  8. C

Tailgate Vibrations

Ok....I have a pair of 1400 watt fifteens in a custom box in the back of my '93 Sport. They face backwards to get the best sound from them. (I've experimented and this is the way they sound best). My problem lies in the tailgate. I can't get it to stop rattleing. Should I use Dynamat or...
Back