Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Drivers Mirror & Tie Down Hooks

The tree is fine thank you, my truck on the other hand... this is the first thing that has ever happened to my truck in my possession.
  2. N

Here's what the hooks look like: This one's closest to the back window: Side view: And the mirror:
  3. N

I'll go and take some pics now... right now its in Upstate NY at my college parking lot.
  4. N

Just ordered the mirror hopfully it'll be here early next week. Is it worth installing myself or should I pay Ford to install it? Thanks everyone for your help and input!
  5. N

If I ordered the mirror online is it relatively simple to install? And as far as the hooks go, couldn't find any online. I searched google and everything, I guess I'll have to go to Ford for that and see how much it would be.
  6. N

thanks does anyone know if you can buy those hooks individually?
  7. N

Long story short... my drivers mirror smashed and along with that the 3 hooks on the side of the bed of the truck. Anyone know how much replacing these would cost, and whether if I just bought the part for the mirror I could do it myself? If I went to Ford, any idea how much parts and labor...
  8. N

Won't go past 35 mph

Wound up being a clogged catalytic converter... thank god it wasn't the transmission!!
  9. N

Won't go past 35 mph

Interesting thought Ed.... only thing is when I rev the engine in park i can get it past 3k thanks though for the thought Also, back on my idling rpm speed... my cold idle is still 1.5k so forget what i said there. I hope its not the transmission, but i dont think it is since if I was...
  10. N

Won't go past 35 mph

My 01 ST will not go past 35 mph. I let my brother take it into the Pennsylvania mountains this week and on his way back the truck lost power. I noticed my idling RPM's are now below 1k which I thought looked odd because I remember it always being slightly above 1k. Also, when accelerating the...
  11. N

Low Fuel Light

Thanks! I was going to wait until it goes to the low fuel light (or as you said its the check gauge light) but every time I go to do it I get nervous after about 270 or so miles. I guess sport trac's don't have an earlier warning... I know on hondas it can be around 80 miles before the tank is...
  12. N

Low Fuel Light

I've noticed that a low fuel light never comes on in my truck... or at least I never got to the point where it does. I usually drive about 270 miles (17.3 gallons) before i fill up, which is usually when the needle starts to fall into the red line (which i find that needle isn't very accurate...
  13. N

Factory Subwoofer

I figured it out yesterday, but thanks anyway! I wound up using a coat hanger to puncture a small hole into one of the little rubber things then i ran the wire to the battery. Definitely loving the new sound! It was night and day compared to the factory subwoofer which I don't even think worked.
  14. N

Factory Subwoofer

Ok, i wound up buying a sub. But now i'm having issues hooking the amp up to the battery. Does anyone know where I can run the wire through without drilling holes? (and preferably down the left side of the truck) This thing seems pretty well sealed. it's an 01 sport trac.
  15. N

Parking Brake

I noticed the other day that my parking brake was not working on my 01 Sport Trac when I engaged it because I was doing some work on my truck while on a sloped driveway and I forgot to release it before driving away... well clearly I learned that way that my parking brake was never working in...
  16. N

Factory Subwoofer

interesting... im gonna have to try that project_sparta. id rather not have to spend 200+ on subwoofers if i dont have to, especially where the economy is and everything. I thought about it the other day and decided to just suck it up and deal with the poor bass.
  17. N

Factory Subwoofer

Hey! thanks for the response and nice set up! I'm going to look into what you have going on, I saw a similar set up but the price was over $500. I might just wind up buying bazookas and stick them under the rear seats. Which do you think would be the cheapest/easiest?
  18. N

Exterior Styling Question

well first, thats a regular explorer not a sport trac. But to answer your question, I believe you circled the fenders.
  19. N

Factory Subwoofer

I'm interested in replacing the sub woofer in my 01 sport trac. I just replaced the speakers with Pioneer TS-A6872R's and I replaced the factory radio with an Alpine CDA-9884 receiver. When I asked Crutchfield about replacing the sub woofer, they had no idea what I was talking about and said...
  20. N

Engine Gurgle?

I hear the exact same thing... it only happens when accelerating. Sounds almost like oil or gas flowing... or something like that. By the way, I'm new. Pretty cool forum you guys have here. EDIT: I have a 2001 Sport Trac
Back