Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

LED Headlights

Precisely! It’s the best option for proper lighting. There are budget retrofits that can be done but for the best performance, it’s best to spend the money the right way the first time with quality products that you don’t have to worry about.
  2. D

I am so sorry, i just saw this. Have not been online here in a really long time.

I am so sorry, i just saw this. Have not been online here in a really long time.
  3. D

2013 Explorer, spring binding up on drivers side

hey guys, i haven't posted in a while, but here it goes. We have a 2013 Explorer XLT with around 72k on it. Got it with less than 60k and its been awesome. Had to fix some things from the previous owner, but its expected with anything used and quite honestly we rarely buy used. My uncle is a...
  4. D

LED Headlights

Aftermarket plug and play anything is not the way to go. Once you install an aftermarket bulb such a HID or LED bulb into a housing it is not designed for you then become a hazard to yourself and other drivers. LED seems brighter upon first impressions, but it doesn't project well. What you see...
  5. D

Need to bypass the memory seat module

Hey man, did you ever put up the DIY for this one? I'm having a memory seat issue. Basically I purchased a new seat to replace my bent one but it has the memory function where my other one didn't. Being "smart" I removed the memory unit and swapped my wiring harness over from the old seat...
  6. D

List of EF members with projector retrofits

Theretrofitsource.com
  7. D

Retro number....i forgot

I did not get a chance to do a full photo set on them like i normally would, a few days after the post someone backed into the driver side of my bumper destroying the foglight housing on that side of the truck, it was a pretty hard impact that let my bumper cover damn near dragging across the...
  8. D

Retro number....i forgot

They are the Morimoto F150 XB LEDs retrofitted into the factory Explorer ST fog light housing
  9. D

Retro number....i forgot

It depends on what you're trying to acheive, my builds are usually outlandish so they are a pain but a good purposeful retro can be done in a day or a weekend.
  10. D

Retro number....i forgot

It depends on what you're trying to acheive, my builds are usually outlandish so they are a pain but a good purposeful retro can be done in a day or a weekend.
  11. D

Retro number....i forgot

SO normally i post in the ST side of this forum but this particular side seems a bit more active. Anyhow, I have gotten my cam out in order to take high res and detailed photos, these are coming off of my phone. I have done another retro in my truck, I work for The Retrofit Source and...
  12. D

Custom Flip key remote programming issues

I was just about to link my keys when I saw this lol. I converted all 3 of my keys to flip keys, the same ones you have except i'm running an ST so i have the 2 button key instead
  13. D

Advise on HID headlight conversion 2010explorer eddie bauer

The 2006-2010 Ford Explorers need 4 resistors in order to run an aftermarket HID system. One per low beam and One per high beam. We carry our Mopar Bi-Xenon HID system in the H13 bulb size that is prewired with all of the necessary parts to avoid bulb out errors on the vehicle. However if you...
  14. D

Advise on HID headlight conversion 2010explorer eddie bauer

Not necessarily true. LED is not as bright and glares just as much as a drop in HID kit
  15. D

Different headlights

There will be a ton of glare whether you do an HID system or a plug and play LED kit into a factory housing. The best output will come from a proper retrofit, to give an idea as to why a retrofit is always better, here's a comparison...
  16. D

TRS morimoto projectors H1s - complete

Very nicely done! Glad to see our products in more and more Sport Tracs! I work for TRS
  17. D

Threw P0171 and P0174

Figured it out, I kept clearing the codes and every 30-50 miles they would come back. Well I reset the entire computer and it solved the issue.
  18. D

Threw P0171 and P0174

Ok so i have been getting my truck back to where it needs to be and now I have a new issue that is driving me absolutely insane. I had an extended crank for a while but I didn't have any CEL popping up. I figured that the problem had to be found in the fuel injectors somewhere and i turned out...
  19. D

Need Fuel injector clips!

Update, finally found a dealer who could get them! $4.35 a piece and worth it!
  20. D

Need Fuel injector clips!

Does anyone have a line on fuel injector retainer clips. I've been searching online and finding them for every other Ford in the wrong shape! My injectors were serviced last december and I just noticed a few of the clips are missing while doing some work to my truck over the weekend. I feel its...
  21. D

Doing another retro on my 2nd Gen Trac

(had to resize the images) So I decided that I would start another retro for my 2008 ST mainly due to the fact that i wanted a bit more light output and better aim. I removed to much of the bowl on my last build so my aiming was never perfect, now that i learned my lesson, i have decided to...
  22. D

2006+ Explorer HID System Tips

Hey guys, I'm TRS/DGM David from Theretrofitsource.com and dropgearz.com (facebook.com/dropgearz) and I just wanted to drop some tips for owners of 2006+ explorers. That means 2006 to the current Explorer. First things first, i recommend a retrofit to any halogen reflector housing. or halogen...
  23. D

Another Projector HID Retrofit

Very nicely done sir! i did a quad retro in my 08 ST along with the fog lights. I used the Mini D2S', Mini H1's and the matchbox's. Going to do a secondary retro soon and redo.
  24. D

Fuel Cap Light

That's something I'm going to have my buddy check next week since I can't do physical labor yet . I did however removed the fuel cap and found the rubber dislodged -_-, so I adjusted it and it went off in about 20 miles. I'm taking a trip next weekend so I'm going to change injectors, upgrade...
Back