Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Swollen Lug Nut Replacement

Man, that sounds painful! :eek:
  2. E

Explorer 'A' pillar replacement

I replaced the Driver's Side A Pillar Moulding on my 2014 Sport today. As discussed above, the Service Advisor told me that the Ford Premium Care Extended Warranty doesn't cover it. If I'd replaced it during the first three years under the Basic Warranty it would have been covered, but Trim...
  3. E

EcoBoost Fuel Injector Issue

Follow up.... after mentioning the "Transmission not in Park" to my Service Advisor at every visit over the past few years, on my last visit the Service Manager overheard me and said "Oh, there's a TSB out on that, we can fix that." Ta da! Problem Gone! TSB 14-0209, as mentioned above and...
  4. E

The saga continues... and is hopefully over! Shortly after I got my car back from the dealer, the Check Engine light came back on. Back to the shop I went, where the Service Advisor told me that it was probably because they'd had the battery disconnected and I just needed to drive it for a...
  5. E

Hankook Optimo Discontinued

I was finally able to get out and put a few freeway miles on the new tires and didn't notice any unusual road noise or buzz. Being in Seattle, I have had ample opportunity to test their performance in the rain and they feel great.
  6. E

Hankook Optimo Discontinued

I just put Premier LTXs on mine last week. They're noticeably quieter on the freeway... haven't driven much in the rain yet...
  7. E

My car was in the shop for 57 days before I finally got it back. The dealer was great, but Ford Customer Service was nearly worthless. The problem part was a AA5Z9J323E Tube Assembly. There was a source problem causing the backlog, this TSB 14-0091 might be related...
  8. E

They told me today that the part is expected to be released from the supplier on 09/19/2016...:censored:
  9. E

It's in the shop, it's not drivable. The Washington State Lemon Law says that they have 30 days to fix the problem but that's only for vehicles 30 months old or newer. I'd had mine for 32 months when it went into the shop. The Customer Service rep said that they would provide a rental car...
  10. E

My 2014 Sport with 26K miles on it started running very rough, like it was running on 4 or 5 cylinders. The exhaust was so rich with fuel vapors that I was afraid to drive it and had it towed to the dealer. It turns out that a fuel injector was bad and was dumping pure gas into the #2...
  11. E

Average age of 5th gen. owners

Turned 64 yesterday! '98 5.0L EB when I was 48, '06 4.6L Limited when I was 56, and now a '14 Sport (purchased last November)
  12. E

Price paid for sport explorer

I bought mine off the lot in November. It's Silver with 401A, 2nd Row Buckets, Moonroof, Adaptive Cruise, Towing Pkg, Crossbars, and Rubber Mats. I told them that I wasn't willing to pay anything close to the $50,080 sticker price and not to waste my time if they couldn't offer me something...
  13. E

Age of 5th Gen Explorer owners? - Poll

'98 5.0L EB when I was 48, '06 4.6L Limited when I was 56 and now a '14 Explorer Sport as I approach 64!
  14. E

Eddie Bauer Explorer vs Explorer??

GO here http://www.who-sells-it.com/images/catalogs/780/pdf_685.pdf and you can what was standard and what was optional on the EB.
  15. E

Sirrius antenna question

When I added Sirius to my '06 Limited a few years ago, I mounted the antenna under the plastic cowl below the passenger side windshield wiper. It makes for a pretty simple installation, all you need to do is route the wire through the firewall and plug it into the Sirius module. The cowl just...
  16. E

Keyless entry question

There is an add-on alarm, I think it's made by Autopage. Any Ford Authorized Car Stereo shop should be able to help you. Ask the Parts Manager...
  17. E

Any 2006's NOT have a leaking radiator?

Just turned 70K on my 4.6 '06. Still runs like new, no probs with radiator (knock on wood . . . . .)
  18. E

Need some info guys/girls....

Go to ebay and pick up a dealer brochure for your Explorer . . it'll list the components of each package.
  19. E

2006 Explorer 6 speed transmission shifting issue - update

I had mine done about 18 months ago when it was in for an oil change. I didn't have the keyless entry code, so I asked them to dump the code off the computer and upload TSB 08-24-4 at the same time. They charged me $58.50 (1/2 hr.) I can feel a definite difference, the trans shifts smoother...
  20. E

Any 2006's NOT have a leaking radiator?

Put 98K on my '99 5.0 EB with no problems, now 66K on my '06 4.6 Limited with zero problems.
  21. E

Need New Tires. What to get????

I had Michelin Cross Terrain SUVs on my '99 EB Explorer and when I replaced the OEMs on my '06 Limited, I never hesitated before buying another set. http://www.michelinman.com/tire-selector/name/cross-terrain-suv-tires http://www1.epinions.com/reviews/Michelin_Cross_Terrain_SUV_Truck_SUV_Tire
  22. E

Key fobs.

xmit = transmit/transmitter
  23. E

Key fobs.

No joke . . . hold the fob firmly against your chin while you press the button . . you're in effect turning your skeleton into an xmit antenna......
  24. E

Adding OEM nav & Sirius to '06

Tony Auk is (was?) someone who sells OEM nav units on ebay.
  25. E

Swapping for Factory Nav Expl 06Eddie Bauer

Check out this thread . . . http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2059102#post2059102
Back