Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

Lift Kit parts

Sorry all I have been away from computer. PM box was full and I've cleaned it out now so in reply to everyone, yes I have them and have not gotten it weighed, but can this week. I can base shiping on that weight. Shipping to Hawaii and California would both be much more than North Carolina...
  2. V

Lift Kit parts

First pic is close up of tape measure on the springs. They measure 17 inches. I think this is a rough country 3 inch lift
  3. V

Lift Kit parts

OOPS, forgot to tell ya all. Price is $150 plus freight. V
  4. V

Lift Kit parts

Front lift from 1994 xlt for sale. No longer have the ex, don't need the lift. Photobucket images did not load
  5. V

7 pin trailer wiring

Actually, from what you describe as needing to tow, I see no need for a 7 pin harness. Do you already have the trailer for your HAWG? what connection is on the trailer, and does it have electric brakes on the axle(s) If you have brakes on trailer, you will need brake controller and most...
  6. V

body lift kit

As a matter of fact, I have one laying on the floor of the garage. Came off a 94 xlt. I have springs, and all brackets. PM me with zip if interested and I'll shoot ya aprice with shipping
  7. V

Need advice on buying manual locking hubs

I'd go with the OEM ones. I bought a used warn once and a used mile marker once, the M-M seemed to break way sooner than the oem or warn one
  8. V

92 Eddie B..delay in starting up

sounds like maybe the overflow hose is off at the tank
  9. V

To regear or not?

Changing to a bigger tire will decrease effectiveness of stock gear ratio, resulting in need to regear. Generally it is about 15% effectiveness lost with going to 33's or bigger
  10. V

92 Eddie B..delay in starting up

Ok, here is some useful info to clarify some of your questions: 1. Diming lights when starting. Your battery is a reserve of electricity. The largest drain is the starter when it is turning the engine over. Since the battery (new or old) only has so many amps of current, the lights will dim...
  11. V

92 XLT fuel pump runs open! Plz help fix!

Ok, I'm missing something in this story: You cannot start the vehicle because the fuel pump will not SHUT OFF ?????????????????? So what you are saying is when you turn key on, pump primes and keeps running? I would then say it is either Fuel Pressure Regulator, or a defective relay not...
  12. V

Engine and trans swap? 2nd gen to a 1st gen

I believe the 95 will be an OBD-II engine with the plastic upper intake. Also the oil pans are different, the 95 doesn't have the low oil level sensor. You can change upper intake and use the 94 harness. Also need to check on the CPS (top right side rear of engine) some were 3 wire and some were...
  13. V

After one hour 93 explorer shuts off

Not sure if it still applies, but in the old days (before fuel injection and electronic ignitions) failing coils wold cause a stall at higher temps. Had something to do with the oil inside the coil breaking down...
  14. V

Starting Problem

Not necessarily. When they begin to fail/get weak they will basically work intermittantly.
  15. V

Possible? 99 LTD 4x4 towing 5800lb Land Cruiser?

I wouldn't even want to tow it with a 5.0 in it! Still looking at major difference in towed vehicle vs towing vehicle. I would look into getting an F-250 as I'm sure in your part of NC there are some pretty steep hills!
  16. V

front wheel bearing needs replacing

And make sure you change the races as well as bearings, they should come as a set (one bearing and one race per box)
  17. V

Starting Problem

Sounds like your issue is either fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator. Do a fuel pressure test first.
  18. V

76 union synthetic blend motor oil

Union 76 used to be Gulf oil, Tuckman is correct, they were bought out/absorbed by Conoco/Philips.
  19. V

hopin it aint a head gasket...

Hey Mike, I added my info on the mil link also. Didn't know that was there till this post! For the OP: If the heater core is only seeping you may not see any wetness inside your truck...
  20. V

New rebuilt manual tranny that is noisy

First guess would be low on fluid or incorrect fluid. Second would be inadequate/ low quality rebuild parts.
  21. V

Steering issues

I can't recall any vehicle that will return on its own, altough some will tend to appear that way with just slight pressure in one direction or another.
  22. V

Starter problem

If the starter tests "perfect" then you only have Battery, starter relay, and cables left in the picture (provided this happens when you jumper it at relay on fenderwell as well as with key, otherwise you also have ign switch in the mix of possible problems. Has your battery had a load test done?
  23. V

Trailer Hitch interchangeability

According to what I saw on etrailer.com the numbers are different for a ranger than an explorer, so I would say NO it won't fit.
  24. V

Will replacing the ball joints fix.....

But the PO didn't have an alignment, which would have been better than a rotate & balance! You should inspect all steering/suspension components - tie rod ends and stabilizer bushings
  25. V

Starter problem

Is it engaging (solenoid kicking drive out) or just spinning? You can test this on bench orat battery with a jumper.
Back