Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Fuel economy question

I am a fairly aggressive driver. I drive a mix of hwy/city for 32 miles one way to work and generally get 18 - 19mpg. I did a trip to Florida down I-95 and got 24mpg at 80+mph. My 4.6 gets better gas milage than the '05 4.0 Sport Trac. I do get better mpg in my '05 Mustang GT, but that has to do...
  2. S

Leaking again!!!

Take the plunge and go to Ford and buy the replacement light. The light comes complete (new heavier gasket, light assembly/wiring harness, and fixture). I tried replacement gasket material, used silicone (lasted about a year), and still had leaks. After replacing the 3rd break light with the OEM...
  3. S

New owner w/ questions

Congrats on the new purchase. I have a 2007 Limited as well and love mine. I also have the plastic wheel covers. They function pretty well and look good. I would have preferred full alloy wheels, but they work. As for the trim....I use Mothers Back to Black on my front spoiler, side step covers...
  4. S

2007 Questions

USFguy.... I did a wireless remote fog light set up on one of my cars......the kit came with the wire harness to attatch to the fog lights and a relay. The remote was the size of a key fob and worked great. It give you a good option......
  5. S

2007 Questions

I am not sure about your questions.....but you can find some good information at my sport trac. I have posted a few things on both sites and it was answered very quickly on mysporttrac. Now I am not complaining about this site, because I am here more than the other.....I have had/found good...
  6. S

Buyng advice

I have a buddy of mine who has a Mustang GT with the 4.6 and just rolled over 200K. Not sure about the Sport Trac, but hope to find out. I have a 2007 Sport Trac Limited....it just turned 47K, but plan on driving this one for a long time. If the truck is as clean as you indicate, I don't think...
  7. S

My Trac is Finished! (for now)

The truck looks awsome....not big on the brush guard, but the rest looks great.
  8. S

Have you seen or used this Third Brakelight

I just bought a new OEM light assembly from Ford and paid $86 +tax. It came with the cover, gasket, and light assembly. The new gasket is thicker and wider than the original. I have been thru heavy rain and washing the truck without a problem.
  9. S

Double Din Stereo replacment

Same means of bill paying here.....good luck with your project.
  10. S

Double Din Stereo replacment

Yes you do need a kit. Well it is not really a kit, but it is a beauty ring. The new head unit fills the space, but the outer ring finishes it off. Generally if you buy the head unit on line (sonic electronix/crutchfield) the kit comes with the purchase. As for voltage dropping.....if you use...
  11. S

Rear bed storage

I will have to post it up later.....It does look neat; it sits flush to the bed rail and unless you are know it....you would not even notice.
  12. S

Security keypad problems

Oh yea....I have two fobs. I just hate for something to be on the truck and not work properly. The thing is.....I think there is a pretty good chance I would damage the paint attempting to removed the stick on key pad; I don't want that. I would have rather it have nothing than a half working...
  13. S

Security keypad problems

Thanks Steve.....I see what you are saying. Those are the same instructions that I followed. I was able to reach program mode and now the keypad does somewhat function. Looks like if the code I have doesn't work.....I will have to replace the unit. I don't think it is that important to me. I am...
  14. S

Security keypad problems

It is the Ford accessory keypad (stick on...not hardwired). A guy (from another forum) sent me a set of program instructions and I followed them to the letter last night. I put the truck in program mode and was able to get the outside keypad to work as far as using the last two pads to auto lock...
  15. S

Rear bed storage

Thanks.....I posted my question on mysporttrac and got the answer in just a couple of minutes. There is a hidden latch/handle under the bed rail on the drivers side about 12" back. I pulled down the latch and it opened up. The storage compartment even has gas shocks. Now I know.....
  16. S

Rear bed storage

Thanks for the reply.....no the small ones on the side are the same as yours. They have a twist latch and open easily....the one I am talking about is the one that is across the front of the bed. It pretty well runs the width of the bed and has a recess (like a handle) in the center. I have...
  17. S

Security keypad problems

OK....I bought my Sport Trac Limited just over a year ago. The keypad on my truck was added, but was added by Ford (factory). It is a pad that is mounted on the door just under the door handle (like the 1st generation). When I bought the truck I did not have the security code (card), but I found...
  18. S

Rear bed storage

OK.....I know this is going to sound silly, but how the heck do you open the large front storage compartment. The two smaller ones in the rear have a twist latch....then open, but the front one that runs along the cab will not open. I don't see any latch and no instructions in the owners manual...
  19. S

A/c problem

My blower does not slow down, but the temperature varies (warms up) if I accelerate hard. I would think that would be normal. What you describe would not be normal, but have never heard of this before.....good luck with your problem!
  20. S

Leaking again!!!

I would stay away from silicone sealant....I am not sure about the lube, but the tube style sealant that will set up (gel) will remove the paint if you have to remove it again. The first time I used silicone it lasted a year then started to leak again. The second time it leaked right away, but I...
  21. S

Leaking again!!!

I don't know....never looked into aftermarket lights. I washed the truck today and it passed the leak test again. I think this one is going to be good to go.
  22. S

Leaking again!!!

I have been in two big rains both parked and driving without any leaks. So far So good. The gasket on the new assembly was twice as thick as the original and appeared to be wider. Maybe they got it right this time.
  23. S

A/C advice

Yes....hopefully I will not have any further problems. They did add more dye and a buddy of mine has a black light and sniffer I can use just in case. They did not tell me how much they added, but he did say it passed all the test.
  24. S

OEM Tire Alternative

at 40K you should still have nearly half your tread left. When I traded in my 2005 Sport Trac my Michelins had 74K miles on them and they were still safe to drive. My 2007 Sport Trac has Kelly tires (Safari Signature)....which are made by Goodyear if I am not mistaken. They ride good for me and...
  25. S

A/C advice

Well.....went to the dealership today and they did not find a leak. They pulled a vacuum and it held for 1/2 hour without any problem. They added additional dye and charged the A/C system. I have good cold air now, but how long will it last. I know it did not just evaporate.....it had to go...
Back