Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

5.0 V8 Explorer Front Driveshaft and Rear Driveline, Cheap!

I wasn't selling it though, I was just browsing eBay and found a good deal, just thought somebody might be interested. :thumbsup: Thats cool though, understand.
  2. W

shoulda got out and looked

Holy Crapola! hows the X? Anything broken? Damn I would have NEVER expected that to be on the other side!! How fast were you going?
  3. W

1996 Limited AWD 5.0

LMFAO!! Wow that really put a smile on my face!! Damn I'm still laughing about that! :D This needs to be put into the Explorer Forum quote of the week!
  4. W

Cory's '97 Eddie Bauer

Sold Sold Sold!
  5. W

Joe Dirt's '97 XLT "Shamrock"

Dude you sissy!! :p::p: LOL Its really not that bad, 2-3 MPG's different...But now that I'm not AWD anymore I gained a MPG or 2. I rarely drive easy and average around 16-17 MPG, 15 with AWD. When I buy a vehicle I'm more focused on what drivetrain it has rather than MPG's...But hey I got...
  6. W

Joe Dirt's '97 XLT "Shamrock"

Yes congrats on the new truck! There is no rust anywhere!! So how is it moving up to a V8? I know stock for stock the SOHC 4.0 will beat a V8 in a drag race, but you had the OHV so you should see a good difference. I hope it holds up well for you. Mine sure has, has over 225k now (bought with...
  7. W

Should I change diff oil?

lol. Well where I came from we called them cattle guards...but same thing. They look like this: http://www.aaatreeservicetexas.com/CattleGuard.jpg
  8. W

clicking noise while driving

I just realized, it could be a CV joint. It would make sense since you just had a wheel bearing replaced, maybe playing around with the CV joint to replace the wheel bearing caused the bad CV joint to finally reveal itself? Just a thought.
  9. W

clicking noise while driving

lol, I have the same problem, except its when I go in reverse. Starts clicking when going over 5 MPH and goes faster as speed increases. Have no clue what it is, havn't even checked into it (been like this since last summer). Just to lazy to check it out since its just in reverse. It'll be...
  10. W

1995 Explorer Service manual

Not sure if you knew, but ALL car manufactures in the U.S. are required by the government to give out all the info about their cars like wiring diagrams, diagnostics, TSB's, part numbers, EVERYTHING. But this info isn't free, you usually pay by the day, like Ford info is $19.99 for 24 hour...
  11. W

Is an Explorer a truck?

Yeah IMO its a truck. Its a Ranger Based Vehicle, and the Ranger is a truck, is it not? Has a truck frame, truck engine ( 5.0L V8), truck transmission (4R70W), mine has a truck transfer case (BW4406 from a F-150), and it can tow good amount of weight, definetly not as much as a 1/2 ton 3/4 or 1...
  12. W

What Gas Company do you use?

Shell is the best around where I live. I've tried Marathon, Speedway, Meijer, BP, all cant compete with Shell. There is a pretty big diference between them, if I fill up with anything other than Shell or Meijer, I notice fuel mileage goes down and I get less power on the hills. There is a gas...
  13. W

Hit a deer last week...

Yeah I was really shocked hardly any damage happend, considering I was goin 60. But I'm not going to replace anything. One of these days I'll get around to pulling the bumber back out. That will be all I do. I had to take the tan plastic valace off the bumber, it was rubbing on the tire...
  14. W

Hit a deer last week...

Ok
  15. W

Hit a deer last week...

Oh yeah I have some pictures, let me get them. I almost forgot!
  16. W

Hit a deer last week...

Last Weds. around dark as I was heading home from college (taking automotive courses), I was just about 1 mile away from home and bam! a deer jumps right out in front of me. I nail him going 60 MPH. Come to a stop, and check the damage. Surprisingly it did hardly any damage. Busted a driving...
  17. W

knock after oil change, been like this last 4 changes, goes away after 1000 miles???

I've been wanting to use some sea foam but I'm afraid to with the miles I have (now 223k). About 4 days ago the noise stopped, I can no longer hear it at all and its only been around 200 miles. wtf?? must not be anything bad then....Other than that it runs great! Next time I'm using something...
  18. W

knock after oil change, been like this last 4 changes, goes away after 1000 miles???

Oh yeah I use Valvoline 10w40 and Motorcraft filter..... Come to think of it, since I switched over to Valvoline is when i've been noticing this noise. Its been fine on quaker state and pennzoil......hmmm Looking at the old oil, its in great condition after 3000 miles. Still a little...
  19. W

Ok so I have 97 Eddie Bauer with the 302. Its a great running motor and has great oil pressure. I've noticed last summer that after I changed the oil, it had a slight knock. If I raise the RPM's the knock gets faster. Its very faint and somewhat hard to hear. And the knock is kinda random, it...
  20. W

Why is my explorer so dam low????

not sure.... the eddie bauer is the same way, so low looking. I think its due to the running boards and the aweful fender flares make it look like a city vehicle. I took the running boards off mine and put shackles and 2" torsion twist, took care of the problem!
  21. W

n00b

Welcome! This is hands down the best site I have ever seen, you will get lots of helpful advice and tips on here and spend hours looking at posts. Always nice to see another Ford fan!
  22. W

96 v8 starting issue

dude he just replaced the FPR before Chirstmas Edit: After looking through the posts, he hasnt changed the FPR. I must have been thinking of another thread that had the exact same problem....Dido to above poster, change the FPR.
  23. W

I'm not quite sure what happened?

where's the OP?????
  24. W

96 v8 starting issue

you can take the vacuum line off the top of the FPR, when you do that then very little fuel should return back to the tank. Its basically the same as piching off the return line. Having no vacuum to the FPR is like WOT setting.
Back