Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

2014 Sport, no boost

Mine was at 112,500 miles when issues started. Hopefully I'm good for another 100k now haha.
  2. G

2014 Sport, no boost

I did, I pulled the turbos and swapped out the centers in my driveway. Not to bad of a job but definitely not fun. I had the water pump and timing chain replaced back in February. I was getting a code and it correlated to a loose chain. Mines a black 14 sport. Here is a cartridge to get an...
  3. G

2014 Sport, no boost

Man, hate to hear this, I just went through this! My 14 Sport had the rear turbo go out, replaced both with new center cores, cheaper than a whole turbo by the way. Then 2 weeks later, rod knock, just dropped a 10k mile motor in it and shes running like a champ again. The only issue I have is...
  4. G

Steering Wheel Swap?

Did you ever attempt the swap? I've been curious about steering wheel swaps, I'm not a fan of the thin wheel and was wondering if anyone has attempted it. I'm curious if there are any other wheels out there that would work.
  5. G

Resonator Removal on Sport

Don't do it! I have a post in here about it, I put borla mufflers on and had removed the resonator, sound great outside, horrible drobe inside. I put the res. back in and it was perfect. Also, huge noticeable loss of low end torque without it. I thought of putting an x pipe in instead of...
  6. G

Question for those that have lowered their Explorer

For those of you who have lowered their Explorer, does anyone know if the rear shocks have a bump stop on them under the dust shield? I haven't pulled mine yet and under hard acceleration it feels like its hitting a bump stop, can't find one visually anywhere under the truck so I'm guessing its...
  7. G

275/45R20 Nitto NT421Qs on Sport OEM 20x9s

That looks good! I was thinking of going to 275's as well once the time comes and was searching around trying to find if anyone has done it, thanks to your pics that maybe the route I take now!
  8. G

Is it possible to put a coyote 5.0 in a 5th gen?

Hahah, anything is possible with a little creativity and money! I'm guessing you would have to cut up the bay some to get it in there, not by much but it would be one heck of project and well worth it! That would be a one of a kind beast!
  9. G

The 392AWHP and 426AWTQ Couch!

Those numbers are actually pretty close for an AWD vehicle. They probably also corrected for atmospherics, either way I bet its one hell of a fun ride!
  10. G

Aftermarket wheels

And that's exactly why I asked if anyone has done it, sometimes it takes people to actually do and try things, not just read what's on the internet. Thanks though for your opinion on what will and won't work based off a disclaimer on 1010tires or whatever site you used. It's amazing how...
  11. G

Aftermarket wheels

I think that primarily applies to an increase in diameter since you are increasing leverage and rotational mass. I saw you've already had a ton of debates on this particular subject so I'm not gonna go into with ya. You've got your opinion and it sounds like youre firm on it. Thanks for the...
  12. G

Lowered the Sport for Free today! DIY

Thanks, to each their own.
  13. G

Lowered the Sport for Free today! DIY

Well just wanted to drop another update. I have put 12,000 miles on with these springs and still rides perfectly! Best free mod i've done to date on the sport!
  14. G

Aftermarket wheels

Peter, that really only applys if you don't adjust for the speed calibration with a tuner. That's what I plan on doing, its not a huge difference in height, if not corrected I think the speedo is off by around 3 mph. People just need to think outside the box a little, that's all.
  15. G

Aftermarket wheels

Just put some Drag DR37s on. I stuck with the 20s, but I'm thinking of going with 275/40/20 on all 4. I tried a search but haven't seen anyone with that size yet, anyone tried it?
  16. G

The Explorer Got A SSI Tune Today!!!

So did you get a Dyno tune? What are the numbers?
  17. G

What is this engine part?

Looks like one of the engine cover hold downs, when you push the cover down it snaps onto the rubber to secure it. Looks like someone pushed to hard, flip your cover and see if its broke.
  18. G

5 Star Tuning

Well, I have been running 5 Stars 93 tune for almost 5 days now and love it, this things a beast! I got 2 tunes for 110 bucks based on my mods and got it fast! So far I'm also averaging 20.2 MPG with in town driving and Highway mix, were as stock I was getting about 18.8. I haven't dealt with...
  19. G

Is Tuning Safe

I would venture to say that tunes are fairly safe as long as you stick with a reputable tuner. Most are not extracting the maximum amount of power that is actually there, they are selling a product that is on the conservative end for the masses, but with good results. Now if you go and get a...
  20. G

Aftermarket wheels

Thanks, helped some!
  21. G

Aftermarket wheels

Well, I was looking at 22's but now I'm thinking of sticking with 20's. I did another photoshop to get an idea on the wheels and so far I'm liking it. Looking at 20x8.5 on the front +35 and 20x10 +40 on the rear. Whats the widest tire out there anyone is running?
  22. G

5 Star Tuning

Just ordered and downloaded 5 stars 91 and 93 performance tunes. I've read nothing but great things about them, so I'll throw my feedback up here after driving on it for a few days!
  23. G

5 Star Tuning

Binaryman3, thanks for the feedback!! I'm thinking of going that route, 91 and 93 performance tunes. Anyone else out there with experience?
  24. G

5 Star Tuning

Has anyone here ran a tune from 5 star on their Sport? I have read a lot of good things with the F150 and SHO crowds running ecoboost but not much from explorers. Love to get some feedback before I order a tune since I have an X4 already!
Back