Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

2013 Limited Headlights

As far as I know, they didn't come with hid's. They're just halogens in a projector housing. I've been contemplating a retrofit myself, but I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger yet. A lot of guys say to go with hid, while others will say that led is better. I'm still weighing the options...
  2. T

I think I made a boo boo.

It's a 2013 limited. I bought it used, and was trying to reprogram it through the sync. I found the factory code on the module, and entered it in. Then it asked me if I wanted to delete the code. I thought it was asking if I wanted to delete the previous owners code. I was wrong, and it deleted...
  3. T

I think I made a boo boo.

While trying to reprogram the keypad on the door, I think I erased the factory code from the computer, and now I'm screwed. Is there any way I can recover it, or set a new code without having the factory one in the computer?
  4. T

5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread

this has got to be one of the best looking 5th gens around! Super nice, man!
  5. T

did you do a write up on the headlights? I'd like to see how you did it.
  6. T

I'll check that place out. Is that where you got those headlights in the picture? I really like those! Also, what did you use to paint your grill and wheels? Is that just plastidip?
  7. T

It does have the halogen lights. I can't decide if I should go with hid or led for those, but I definitely want to change them. I will say, though, that even these halogen lights are much better than the ones in my first gens! Lol.
  8. T

Just picked up a new to me 2013 limited 4x4. I really like the look of the sport, but my go fast days are long gone, and I couldn't justify the cost. However, I'd really like to paint the grill, door handles, chrome on the bottom of the doors, and the strip on the hatch to black. I'd also like...
  9. T

Jumped on the 5th gen bandwagon

I've had 3 first gen Explorers so far. I currently own a 94 Eddie Bauer 4x4. I recently determined that I need a second vehicle, so after some shopping around, some math, and some hemming and hawing, I decided to pull the trigger on this. A 2013 limited awd. 93 xlt that I lifted Another 93...
  10. T

Where is the rest of this video?

I saw the full episode years ago, but I wanted to watch it again. It's an old top gear from 93 that features an Explorer vs. Cherokee. There's three parts to this episode on YouTube, but part one is about half the length as the others... And that would be where the rest of the Explorer is tested.
  11. T

Mechanic says it's impossible to get the engine out while it's seized

I guess your mechanic is independently wealthy, and doesn't need to do work. It's definitely not impossible... Sounds like he just doesn't want to do it.
  12. T

91-94 superlift 5.5 lift

looks exactly like the one i installed on my old 93. If you haven't sold this in the next month or so, I'll buy it.
  13. T

I love this truck.

Oh know what you mean. We get it pretty bad here in the Midwest, but nowhere near as bad as you guys! haha! It's gonna be a while. That's a long and expensive trip to make!
  14. T

I love this truck.

I'm right with you, 2stroke! This is my third one. I can't foresee a time when I won't drive one. They're just perfect for all of my current and foreseeable needs.
  15. T

I love this truck.

400k?! I hope I can keep mine alive for that long! Logged almost another 400 miles last night. I may just have to really put her through the paces, and make the drive to Alaska... It's on my bucket list. Lol.
  16. T

I love this truck.

After tonight, my wonderful 94 Eddie will have carried me just over 2000 miles in the last week and a half. Aside from the a/c compressor taking a crap on me (20 minute fix in the parts store parking lot), it's been a fairly uneventful journey. It's a testament to the reliability of these...
  17. T

Finally getting started

Yes, it is! I don't like it much. I'm sure we'll get used to it though.
  18. T

Finally getting started

Yeah, it's a 4 door. I've followed the build of your truck. Well done, sir!
  19. T

Finally getting started

I've had this 94 Eddie for a few years now. I've wanted to do something like my first Explorer. It was a 93 that I did the 5.5" superlift with a set of 33's. I loved that thing. Well, tomorrow, I'm going to be picking up a set of 32" bfg a/t's mounted on black wagon wheels. Hopefully, I'll be...
  20. T

Door lock and window switch illumination?

That's what I always thought. MaybeMaybe she was mistaken about there being lights In them.
  21. T

Door lock and window switch illumination?

I've had three of these truckstrucks, and none of them have had backlighting on the door lock and window switches. Then, yesterday, someone posted on Facebook that theirs used to light up, but has since burned out. Are there lights on these things?
  22. T

Brian1's Twin Trail Build (Lift, Gears, TTB Mods, Bumpers, Sliders, Cage & More!)

I wish I had a fraction of the equipment and skill you have! This is so cool!
  23. T

91 XLT Alternator

Oh, really?? Good to know.
  24. T

Installing factory amp/sub in my 94. Wiring question.

Gonna hit up the pawn shops tomorrow, and see if I can find a small amp to use. I'll give the sub that's in it a shot. Really, I just need to get it installed and hooked up quickly. I'm moving halfway across the country in a couple weeks, and it's taking up too much room.
  25. T

Installing factory amp/sub in my 94. Wiring question.

That thought had crossed my mind. It's already got some rinky dink sub in it.
Back