Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

DVD/Backup Camera

Looks great. Where did you get the back up camera package from????
  2. J

serious stereo wiring accident... help asap!

Is there a fuse on the back of your radio?????
  3. J

How to replace an oil pump in a 1999 2wd 5.0

My oil pump keeps making knocking sounds when I turn my car on and off. Also, my oil level gauge flickers up and down whenever i'm not accelerating. I think its priming slow and going bad on me so i wanna replace it. Anyone know to change one in a 1999 2wd 5.0. pics would be great if possible
  4. J

Blinking service engine soon light.

My truck had the same problem but it was my spark plugs and wires. My plugs were old and one of my wires touched my header and was a little burnt. The engine didnt misfire but my check engine light would blink unitl i did a tune up. I hope this helps ur problem.
  5. J

Hesitation while axccelerating

My check engine light came on the other day and the car started to hesitate while accelerating on the highway. Not always, but sometimes. The code says that the cause is the DPFE sensor but when I told my mechanic what was going on and asked if that could be the cause of the hesitation he said...
  6. J

Are wheel spacers safe?

I have already replaced them once and it was very expensive. I don't wanna have to do it again anytime soon.
  7. J

Are wheel spacers safe?

so using wheel spacers with my stock rims will cause wheel bearing problems??????
  8. J

Are wheel spacers safe?

Ok I understand. I will save the money and get the spacers for now
  9. J

50 Horsepower For 5 Cents............

Wow I got three zip ties on mine. Feels like a brand new truck lol. I luv it. Thanks alot
  10. J

Are wheel spacers safe?

Sorry its streetbeatcustoms.com
  11. J

Are wheel spacers safe?

One thing that I have read though, is that spacers put alot of pressure on your wheel bearings so if I got them I would need to replace them alot sooner. Does anyone know if thats true
  12. J

Are wheel spacers safe?

I found sum good ones on speedbeatcustoms.com they also have alot of other performance parts for explorers. I gonna keep lookin though cause i wanna compare prices
  13. J

Are wheel spacers safe?

I found some at a shop in my area for $10 a piece put they are garbage. for stock fims a good set cant be more than $100 I believe. I am gonna do a search on the net now
  14. J

Are wheel spacers safe?

Hello again fellow ex lovers. I have a 1999 Ex limited 5.0 with the 16inch stock rims. I can't afford new rims right now because I am working on engine mods but I want a wider looking wheelbase so are wheel spacers ok to use? Will my truck still ride smooth?????????????
  15. J

Whining noise at high RPMs

I know this doesn't help much but I have this same problem on my 1999. i really wanna know whats going on. I thought it may be my flywheel or the clutch rattling but i'm not what it is
  16. J

Do I need to rebuild my engine?

Hello everyone. I have never posted on this site before but i have been a member for a while now. I look on here just about everyday to see what you guys are talking about and for tips on upkeep and good mods for my 1999 limited 5.0 EX with 177,000 miles. Well this is whats going on... i put a...
Back