Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Rocky Mountain Ranger '92 SAS

It was close, I had more room than in my 91 extended cab, but in the end I had to move the gas tank into the bed to fit the dual cases under the truck. I also have a BII tank that will fit in the rear of the truck, but I would have to reroute the exhaust, change my rear shocks mounting...
  2. C

Thanks guys, I like the way it is coming together. Tbars4, I wanted a simple design that didn't hurt my departure angle and would protect the bed sides. I am happy with the way it came out. RockRanger, always liked your truck, without the bed bob the long bed Rangers will drag everywhere...
  3. C

No idea what I would ask for it, that would take adding up everything I've spent on it...........not sure I want to do that. Got the crossmember modified, and the front shaft in today. Also fixed the jumpy speedometer issue and pushed the front axle forward 1.5" [/URL
  4. C

couldn't use the offset TREs because they rubbed the rims so I shaved the diff cover and used standard one ton chevy TREs mounted the ram to drivers side coil bucket, the track bar to the pass side and boxed them in had a local place resize my driveshafts Trailgear 6" ram had plenty...
  5. C

Dual Transfer Case cut up a 1350 fit the block off plates and clock the shifters replaced the guts in the 1350 with 6 gear planetaries and shiftfork assembly from a 1997 ranger Electric 1354 case Front case welded inside and out, then milled flat for a good seal. tight...
  6. C

I upgraded my stock p.s. pump to a HD T-Bird Saginaw style pump. I had to make a few cuts and do some grinding on the 4.0 bracket to make it fit. Then started swapping axles I rolled the 8.8 underneath and started mocking things up...
  7. C

Thanks for the comments guys. As for the beer, the bud lights were left overs from a party, but I will drink anything from PBR in a can, to a growler full of a local microbrew just as long as it is cold. The Great American Brew Fest is in town for the next week, might have to check that...
  8. C

radius arm lower links - 2" OD X 0.25" DOM Pressed in WJ balljoints for the new knuckles, and then started mocking up the steering and got a little carried away...
  9. C

I cut the lower control arm mounts off and cleaned the tubes up to weld on the HD ones burned off coil retainers I recentered, plated and welded the coil retainers over axle tubes and welded on LCA mounts. The new lower mounts use cam bolts to adjust caster, but since my radius arms...
  10. C

Thanks, the paint is Krylon Camo Khaki spray paint.:salute:
  11. C

Currie Johnny Joints, weld in threaded tube bungs for the long arm build. Dana 30 Detroit Truetrac and New WJ ball joints. I had to get a new carrier to run 4.56 gears the XJ axle I pulled originally had 3.54 gears (the carrier break on the dana 30 is 3.54 and down, 3.73 and up) and the...
  12. C

A few pics of the new rear crossmember. I made some 1" d-ring shackle tabs and notched the 2x4 square tube and welded them in front and back. Should be a solid base to weld some tube to.
  13. C

After 1st cut 2nd cut in between the bed support, I had to chisel a few spot welds after 2nd cut I removed 12.625" I finished the bed bob today and cut the box behind the fenders to give more ground clearance. I will be taking ~11" out of the frame. The truck will be 19"...
  14. C

I painted my old 8.8 Ruffstuff cover to match and tapped a Ranger gear box for Hydro assist. The bed will be bobbed enough to fit this tonneau cover flush at the tailgate ~13". The frame will be cut to match which will end up just behind the stock shackle mounts.:icon_welder: Oh, and...
  15. C

Bought this 1992 Ranger a while back, it is in great mechanical shape and was owned by some old lady most of its life. After deciding it was too clean to cut up for a 4.0 swap, I recently decided it would make a great DD/wheeler/hunting and exploration rig. The 20 year old suspension is...
  16. C

Completed Project 98 Mountaineer SAS...

What made you decide not to do the WJ knuckle swap?
  17. C

Dana 35 TTB locked, 4.56 gears, manual hubs

Seems like a decent deal http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/3029699391.html
  18. C

Crawlin91's build thread

19. C

Crawlin91's build thread

Thanks. I ended up at right at a 115" wheelbase. Well, I finally bobbed the bed, took out about 1.5 feet, to match the new w.b. I cut the bed with a sawzall (high tpi blades) and 4.5" cut-off wheels. Cleaned everything up tacked it back together slowly, to keep warping at a minimum, then...
  20. C

Crawlin91's build thread

Its a roller...well almost. The rear should settle after I reset the shackle angle and get some weight back on it but it is getting closer!
  21. C

Crawlin91's build thread

I cut another 4-5 inches off the back and burned in the new rear crossmember. I also mocked up/tacked in the 14 bolt, I need to change the shackle angle just a bit and I can finish welding it in. Here are a few pics...
Back