Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

High Mileage SOHC's Explorers

193,000, bought it in 2000 with 30k on it. got a new 'beefed up' transmission around 100k. has the idle problem when cold and will be rebuilt next year (forged internals, cam, and the works =] )
  2. 9

4.0 OHV & SOHC Go Fast Goodies!!

I cant wait for my airforce signing bonus =D 13k and i want to put most of it into a fully built sohc engine to replace my current 195k 4.0
  3. 9

Turbo Explorer @ Lowes MotorSpeedway

man i really wanna do that to my x, although i might have to live without the 5 speed tranny and 2wd.. my engine has 190k on it though so i am definitely rebuilding my engine first
  4. 9

98 Turbo Explorer sport " UPDATE "

ive seen this guys explorer on youtube, the thing is a beast, according to him, hes pushing 426whp at 22psi, and swapped in a 5speed manual tranny and is using a grandnational turbo setup
  5. 9

5.0 swap- really worth the trouble?

aha, very nice:cool:
  6. 9

5.0 swap- really worth the trouble?

to kinda go back on whether the swap is worth it, i personally think that sohc vs. v8, id stick with the sohc. my reasoning for this is that, there really isnt much of a power difference stock, and compared to the cost and effort of a v8 swap, you could take that time and money into making a...
  7. 9

Exhaust Alternative

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1lCGF1tTZI&feature=related why bother with illegally gutting cats, or spending hundreds of dollars trying to get as loud a sound as possible while still staying legal. im surprised more people dont run dumps like that, and, if you dont want to spend the 200 for...
  8. 9

Idle problems

try some sea foam, also make sure your pulleys and serpentine belt are in good condition and pick up some pully spray. that may not solve your issue, but thats what i did and it seems to have worked
  9. 9

Check out my Mountaineer!

wowww, now i know what i want to do to my explorer, with upgrades like those, i think i might do interior work before any performance mods
  10. 9

1999 explorer 4.0 sohc from dad

hey man, we are about the same age, im getting my dads 98 explorer this spring, its got about 190k on it. your truck looks insane, im thinking of the same color scheme myself, maybe a slightly darker black, and im split on whether i want to lower it, or lift it. the wheels are *****en btw
  11. 9

How to: The Comprehensive Brown Wire Mod Thread

this is perfect, i was curious if there was a way to disable the auto 4wd, and now i know, thanks =]
Back