Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Trouble Removing Intake Manifold

it is the egr tube that comes up from the egr valve. It is held in place with a rubber o ring. The metal tube doesn't go straight into the manifold it is kinda bent on the end. You have to twist and move the manifold around as you are lifting it up to remove the manifold. It can be tricky...
  2. T

My truck doesnt like the cold

sounds like the IAC, idle air control valve, do a search on it then clean it out. If that doesn't work then you may have to buy another one.
  3. T

!! Help !! I'm looking for information on the IAT sensor.

it is in the air intake tube leading up to the throttle body. 2 wires go in it. where you at in NC?
  4. T

Help With My 96 Explorer / 4X4 Light On, No Engagement

your model has the CAD system (center axle disconnect). You need to make sure you are getting vacuum to the controllers and diaphragm mounted on the front axle. Do a search on here for CAD and look for articles that get detailed on how to check these things out.
  5. T

Fog machine to smoke EVAP?

you think you could post of picture of your new tool and give a little rundown of what you did to it?
  6. T

how did it work? did it put out a good amount of smoke in the evap system? were you able to find any leaks, if so how easy was it to spot the smoke?
  7. T

More issues

get the codes, sounds like it could be the dpfe
  8. T

Calling all 2 doors..

I have the autozone $18.00 shackles on my 2 door sport with the factory mono leaf. No problems here.
  9. T

New battery & alternator. My battery light is on, and the truck dies constantly.

What motor you got? Also get a voltmeter and go out and see if you have 12volt at the batt. post on the back of the alternator. If so your fusible link is still good and we can go from there.
  10. T

Which intake gasket brand?

Fel Pro!
  11. T

Steering wheel off centered?

I couldn't tell you unless I checked it out. I would at least take it back and tell them to center the wheel. Then you can ask them why they didn't make the camber closer to zero to see what they say.
  12. T

That adjustable piece on the pass side is for cross caster split settings, not camber. You only have so much adjustment with the caster/camber cams. The pass. may be maxed out as positive as it will go so they moved the driver side more negative to get the cross camber in spec.
  13. T

Yes, the way they have your camber set is going to wear the inside of the tires more. They should have tried to get them both closer to zero (unless they couldn't for some reason). All that needs to be done to correct your steering wheel is to make the driver side tie rod longer and the...
  14. T

Your total toe looks fine. I don't like how they set up your camber though, according to alldata the camber range should be from -1.0 - 0. They really just moved the left side more negative to adjust the split. Maybe they couldn't adjust the right more positive ? Anyway, if the car doesn't...
  15. T

Yea, explain what is what here. I see four numbers for each topic per tire. Tell me what each number is for. Before, after, ....
  16. T

post your results from the printout
  17. T

unless you have bought a caster/camber kit the alignment shop can't adjust these angles on your stock vehicle. They will still charge you for what you think is a full alignment. All they are really doing is setting the steering wheel and the toe. This is stuff you can do with a 2x4 and a...
  18. T

sounds good, keep us updated, I want to know how it goes. Remember the evap system isn't supposed to be tested over ~1.5psi so don't just let it run forever. Run it to that evap test port, with the gas cap off, when you see smoke come out the gas cap area put the gas cap back on and run it for...
  19. T

Is it worth the fix? In desperate need of advice.

If you can do most of the work yourself, keep it. But if you have to pay for everything then the bill can add up real quick. If you can't do much yourself, I say cut your losses and get rid of it.
  20. T

i've been meaning to do this but just haven't had time. I have done some searching on the internet and you tube and have seen people do it successfully. I say do it!
  21. T

Anyone re-using their axle nuts (hub nuts)

I have reused mine also.
  22. T

Pop In Steering Wheel

tie rods. I just replaced my inner and outer tie rods and it fixed my pop on sharp low speed turns.
  23. T

1997 Mountaineer: Exhaust Manifold crack and Torque Converter Lock-up Problem

does that price include the **** lube? because they are trying to snap one off in you!
  24. T

Replacing Cats - $800?

why are you replacing them?
  25. T

Battery light only comes on at idle

http://www.bbbind.com/Bulletins_Attachment/Parasitic%20battery%20draw.pdf
Back