Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

How to: 2002 Explorer rear wheel bearing replacement (pictures)

Had to do the drivers side rear on my 03 Explorer. This thread was a great help, Thank You. Actually my brother in law did all the work. I just handed tools, held light (recovering form back surgery) He put new pads & rotors plus the drivers rear bearing, hub, & snap ring. It took him 4 hours...
  2. P

How to: 2002 Explorer rear wheel bearing replacement (pictures)

Tyler, Thank you much for the pics and write up. Getting ready to tackle this job soon. Have one howling on my (03 Explorer) drivers side rear. Replaced both fronts after the last brake job and discovering drivers side going bad.
  3. P

My 2003 is throwing a P0775 code.

I will ask him in the morning? I will mention the overdrive servo mentioned in the link. Thanks a bunch. Paul.
  4. P

Hello again with an update. My son-in-laws mechanic friend installs the new solenoid block purchased from the dealer and he tells me that it has the exact same symptoms as it did before. Obviously not the problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated? Thank you, Paul.
  5. P

You're right, but it sounds like it already be a done deal. This is their only car and they needed it done ASAP. Again, I greatly appreciate the info and I've saved the site. Occasionally I will rebuild a THM 350 or 400. I have a buddy that buys and restores cars, mostly GTO's. It's been a few...
  6. P

Wow. I just got home from work and read this message. I talked to my daughter earlier and she said the parts cost $350.00. I will talk to my son-in-law in the morning and find out exactly what they bought. I'm guessing they went to the dealer? At that big of a price difference, maybe he can...
  7. P

Ok buddy. I appreciate the info. I will pass it along to my son-in-law. I'm off to work now. Thanks a bunch.
  8. P

Ah, So are you saying in order to replace one, you have to replace the whole assembly? Thank you for your help.
  9. P

It has 72,000 miles on it. If I remember right, he said he had to let off the throttle to get it to upshift from 1st into 2nd and possibly slipping going into O/D? I also have a 2003 explorer V-6, 2 wheel drive that had a similair problem with it just before the extended warranty ended. I recall...
  10. P

Hello and thank you all for the welcome. Pressure Control Solenoid B, and the code was P0775.
  11. P

Howdy All. I found and joined this forum while searching for a transmission trouble code for my son-in-law and daughters 2003 Explorer. I'm a heavy equipment mechanic (Intermodal Crane) and have a bit of experience rebuilding rear wheel drive transmissions when they only had two and three...
Back