Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

5.0L Cummins 90-degree V-8

hahahah! so dodge finally decided to make the mistake of variable geometry turbos in a diesel huh? chain driven overhead cams.....sound familiar anyone? youd think they would have learend from fords problems......o and look...no intercooler...that thing is a piece of work. Im so glad i dont work...
  2. C

2003 Explorer Sport Steering Wheel Replacement w/ OEM **CAN YOU HELP**

that would be the first time ive ever heard of an air bag going off during removal.....you had to have shorted something to make it go off...or tripped the crash sensor. seriously....they dont just go off cause you plugged it in.
  3. C

Electrical mystery.

sounds to me like youve just got a bad alternator......low voltage can wreak havoc on a vehicles electrical system. have your charging system tested while under a load....lights on etc. i worked on a new fusion a few days ago that had a weird issue like this....all kinds of module communication...
  4. C

Laws with frame swap?

for all that work...you might just have been better off buying a good running second gen....but i get it...you get attatched to cars...id never get rid of my rust bucket.
  5. C

Anyone know how to test a wiper motor?

nope. i just went down to the junk yard and pulled on all the wiper arms i could find till i found one that didnt move(meaning it wasnt stripped) and took it home and slapped it in mine. really if it doesnt work...youre out 5 bucks and a half hour of work time....go get another one. as long as...
  6. C

Anyone know how to test a wiper motor?

i had to swap mine out when i bought my explorer. i think thay cannot handle the snow.... i took mine apart and its a worm gear off the motor and the wiper has a big round gear.....the wiper arm gear was all stripped like it got stuck down and the motors worm gear just pulled all the teeth off...
  7. C

converting my lug pattern?

oh i see. well then in that case il worry about that later. i have more important things to buy right now. thanks for your help guys!
  8. C

i knew someone would have an answer for me. where would i find these dutchman axles? i did a google search and got a home page but not much price info. any online retailers carry them?
  9. C

ok so i dont want to give anything away yet...but.....certain....circumstances have come up and i am forced to conver my rear lug pattern to 6 lug....i think 6x5.5......so how would i go about something like that? id like to stay away from those cheesy aluminum wheel spacers. also.....would disc...
  10. C

Lost Keys

they can cut a key by vin back to 98....not 2000. but that still doesnt help you. i think you will need to have a locksmith make you a new key....or buy a new ignition cylinder...but then you wont have a door key
  11. C

I've really tried.....P1074

This Field Service Action expired on March 31, 2009
  12. C

I've really tried.....P1074

sounds to me like you are looking at something specific to that side....fuel system iac or exaust would usually affect both banks.
  13. C

Lots of play in the gear shifter

uhm you dont have to drain the tranny to do this. but if you really want to drain it you would just pull out the plug on the driver side of the tranny and let it drain out...then put the plug back in and locate to fill plug(same side just up higher) and pump it in untill its level with the...
  14. C

93 ex runs rough under load

woohoo!!! that was it! i guess thatll teach me a lesson...just cause a part is new doesnt mean its good. this whole time i have been ignoring the plug wires because theyre less than 4 months old.....i wont be making that mistake again. o and a little side note....OBD 1 codes are useless! i mean...
  15. C

pretty easy....about a half hour taking it slow and making sure everything went back in the right order.
  16. C

loose shifter thread i had the same issue. read through the thread and you will see what i did....post 11 has everything you really need to know
  17. C

Head Replacement

o and check your cats! if you had coolant running through the exaust there is a chance it could have plugged your cats...just something to check....dont get too worried about it.
  18. C

Head Replacement

dont forget to replace things like plugs, wires, thermostat, air filter, fuel filter, and all those cheap tune up parts...youre going to be in there anyway...might as well get it done now. and when you fill it back up with coolant make sure to get all the air out. and please please please dont...
  19. C

i dont know yet....i think that they will. ill be putting them on tonight...but i sure hope that fixes it.
  20. C

WOW! that was lucky! so the girlfriend drives the explorer and i have told her that she should check the oil when she buys gas and i showed her how to add oil and what not....so she got home yesterday and the check oil light was on so she popped the hood and pulled the dipstick....then she calls...
  21. C

Head Replacement

Installation NOTE: The 4.0L engine should always be assembled using new cylinder head bolts. 1. Position cylinder head gasket(s) on cylinder block. Install cylinder head locating dowels. Position the cylinder head(s) onto the gaskets and locating dowels. NOTE: The cylinder head(s)...
  22. C

Anyone done the "peanut butter wax"?

hahahahaha! i did the same thing...i just didnt want to tell anybody about it!
  23. C

Anyone done the "peanut butter wax"?

i have used tire shine on my plastic outer panels before. it worked great and held a nice black color for a long time.
  24. C

Gas station fuel pump shut-off.

check to make sure your vent hose is not collapsed kinked or otherwise blocked. also your canister could be plugged or the canister vent valve is not working properly. the valve would likely throw a code though. it is also possible, but not likely, that the filler neck is kinked or blocked somehow.
  25. C

93 Explorer fuel guage not working.

yes. very common. usually it is the sending unit in the tank....the float loses its tendancy to float after the years. the best way to test the gauge is with a gauge tester that you plug into the sending unit plug. it is basically a series of resistors that make the gauge move. basically though...
Back