Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

CAUTION! AWD Front Drive Shaft Removal --Drifts in park.

If you have a 4.0 L then unless you had custom work done to fit an AWD transfer case to your transmission, you have 4wd which is different.
  2. A

The New Guy and his O2 problem

ask them if they checked the wires from the connector for the o2 sensor to the computer... thats my first thought upon reading your post
  3. A

A completely insane/stupid 4.9l swap. Yes, I'm serious.

i cant wait to see how this build turns out.... on a side note i hate epa for everything but one minor detail.... that is that they pushed the manufacturers to make things better and somewhat faster... i like and hate car computers... i like how they control things better than the old mechanical...
  4. A

Fuel Gauge fluctuate

maybe the explorer is saying that its not having fun right now and wants you to step on the gas and haul butt to wherever you are going.....
  5. A

wow... that sucks.... i know my ex makes a clunk and the front end will lurch up and down if i put my driveline back in since i tore some teeth off somewhere in the front diff but as far as the transfer case... i dont know what it could be since i havent taken a transfer case apart yet to think...
  6. A

there are 6 small bolts that are on the cv bulb end of the drive shaft.
  7. A

if that were true.... then by a couple months time.... we would hear some awful noise if it indeed heats up and eventually gets too hot and starts to boil away at the fluid.. and i believe your looking at this the wrong way.... the awd transfercase is not a differential. sure it can adjust a...
  8. A

it wont remove all of the noise when you take the front driveshaft out but it will remove most of it since when you remove it, the pinion is now stress free and it will just free spin as you drive it around
  9. A

once i get the right driveshaft for the new transfer case in my ex, ill open up the awd case and report my findings since i havent had my front driveshaft in for over a year now. the only fun part is parking almost level so i dont have to reach in the back seat and grab out a brick to keep the...
  10. A

Another BW4406 transfer case swap - this time into a Ranger

so for a 97 awd ex, what would be my best option for rear driveshaft since i want to stop the rolling down the hill and i have a tcase but only thing holding me back if finding the correct length driveshaft to use. thanks.
  11. A

Rear door latches/ outers work, inners don't

i had that problem when i first swapped out the interior handle with another one and at first it wouldn't open the door from the inside.... so i took a look in the cavern and noticed the rod that the interior handle moves was bent, so i reached in there and straighten it out and after that it...
  12. A

next g2g?

can someone pm me the address and/or directions since i do not feel like spending all Saturday doing a 20 mile hike on a railroad grade trail.
  13. A

next g2g?

i kinda want to go but im not sure if my dad and brother are gonna do some overnight camping up at snow lake or just do a 20 mile brisk hike with minimal gear. to top that off the 8th is also my brother's b-day.
  14. A

transfer case swap?

ok heres the story so far... i got a 97 x awd since in the front lawn since theres no room in the garage and i keep wanting to swap the transfer case to the 4wd one from the same year v6 model and install the push buttons to switch the gears in the case, and it should be a simple (yet...
  15. A

Elbe Hills or Liberty...

i would like to go but the ex that i drive is not ready for any trail runs, so if at all possible, could i show up and tag along. part of the reason the ex is not ready is cuz im still trying to fix it due to playing with it out in the desert.
Back