Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

4th Gen Explorer Pictures

I am thinking about doing this exact wheel setup on my White Chocolate Tricoat 2007 Limited V8. What size tires do you have on it?
  2. X

20" ST Adrenalin rims on my 03 Limited

What condition are yours in? Pics?
  3. X

just found out you can install 09/10 nav in 06-07 explorers

Could you clarify what 2 wires in back? I am looking to install an '10 NAV unit in my '07.
  4. X

3rd row seating

I know you can add a 3rd row to a 2 row Explorer. What I want to do is replace my current third row with one from a 2006-2010 Explorer that has the 50/50 split third row. That's what I can't find an answer on.
  5. X

3rd row seating

I was wondering this too. I can't seem to find an answer using the search function.
  6. X

trouble code p0193

Is the code P1093 or P0193?
  7. X

trouble code p0193

Is the code P1093 or P0193? If its a p0193 it has to do with you fuel rail pressure sensor. The definition for this code is "Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input".
  8. X

Push Bar for Explorer

This guide is for the Police Interceptor Utility. If you look at the seats section of the guide it only lists 2 rows.
  9. X

2002 Mountaineer 4.6L intake manifold question

The mustang gt manifold works as that is what I installed on my '02 4.6L Limited. F150/Expedition/Super Duty manifolds have longer runners and as such make the throttle body sit higher which may cause hood clearance issues.
  10. X

Over heating and gage shows Normal?

I can send you a PDF file that has the test procedure for code P1432 as well as the wiring diagram for the thermostat if you would like it.
  11. X

Heater Fan switch

Check the blower motor to see if it is running. If not check the fuses for the blower motor. It could be a switch, blower motor, or a wiring problem.
  12. X

2003 Ranger, No Heat!!

The thermostat on this engine will still work just like a regular one that opens based on coolant temperature. The electrical part is for a built in heater that allows the PCM to force the thermostat to start opening and be fully opened at a lower temperature than it would normally work at. So...
  13. X

Also I am guessing that your heater does not work very well either?
  14. X

The thermostat in this truck still opens like a normal thermostat based on coolant temperature. The electrical part is for a built in heater which is so that it will start to open at a lower coolant temperature than normal when the PCM decides that it is necessary.
  15. X

Throttle and defrost

Does it happen with the A/C on as well?
  16. X

Lifter Knock/Tick?

Sounds like a weak lifter or an oil pressure thing. I would lean more towards the lifter as with low oil pressure you usually have other things making noise as well. 4.0L lifters are one of the more common failures on these engines and it involves removing the cylinder heads to replace them.
  17. X

HOW TO: 2006 Explorer V8 4WD Rear Strut Change

Great write up and good pics. One thing I would add is that you do not tighten the lower shock asorber bolt/nut until the vehicle is on the ground with the weight of the vehicle on the suspension.
  18. X

intermittent cel

Check the fuse for the 12v power outlet or cigarette lighter as the OBD2 data link connector is often on the same circuit.
  19. X

evap large leak

First thing to check on a large EVAP leak is the gas cap. Make sure it is tighten properly and if it is than you could have someone test the cap for you or just replace it. If that does not solve the problem than you could check all the evap line for holes or bad rubber where the line connect to...
  20. X

P1151 code after parts replacement!

Well the best way to detect vacuum leaks is with a smoke machine. But since those are expensive and most people don't have access to one the next best thing is to spray carb cleaner around all intake connections and gasket areas. If there is a leak the engine should change rpms when it sucks the...
  21. X

05 explorer 4.0 TPS question

Have you check for a dirty MAF?
  22. X

can't figure this out help needed

The 8th # of the VIN X=OHV E=SOHC
  23. X

05 explorer 4.0 TPS question

Did you disconnect the battery when you replaced the TPS?
  24. X

Bought a 2005 Mountaineer......got questions?

Well the ADVTrac system is on by default or automatically so that in the event of tires starting to spin on slippery surfaces the brakes are automatically applied to the spinning wheels to keep you from losing control. The system also has the ability to try and keep the vehicle from rolling over...
  25. X

P1151 code after parts replacement!

Well to start with the p1151 code pertains to your O2 sensors and not the MAF sensor. However a bad or damaged MAF may cause the code to set due to the computer not knowing how much air is entering the engine exactly thus throwing of the air/fuel mixture. I would first check all of the following...
Back