Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

1999 Ford 8.8 rear 3.73 Auburn locker

Sold..........
  2. X

1999 Ford 8.8 rear 3.73 Auburn locker

Hi, I'm parting with the last core pieces of my truck. This rear is a 31 spline axle, disk brakes, FMS 3.73 gear set, and an Auburn locker. Axle has 120K mi on it but locker and gears have around 3-5k mi. Would perfer a local pick up but shipping would be considered. Axle is located in...
  3. X

X-Box teaser pics

Afboy143 I only sandblasted them then sprayed them with some Very High Tempature spray paint from Murrays Speed and Custom Cgriffin_5139 It was green and black......I had it custom painted;)
  4. X

X-Box teaser pics

Well, I rethreaded the sparkplug hole in cylinder #3, since some jackass who has worked on my truck couldn't seem to screw it in correctly. I've also had the headers sandblasted to remove the "Jet Coating" ( which I really believe was just spraypaint, and not even hotpaint at that!) I then...
  5. X

X-Box teaser pics

Update.... My mechanic suks..... I've been trying to sort all the problems out that he F@#%ED up. -Truck has caught fire. Battery cable rubbed body and shorted out -Wasted $1600 on a built transmission that shifts like a cadillac and sometimes pops out of gear while making a turn...
  6. X

02' 400RWHP Ex in Truckin Mag

Hey all. I came across this Explorer in Truckin mag vol 32 no 10. Pages 216 thru 220. 4.6, Paxton Novi 1200. Claiming 400+ RWHP, 1/4mi in 13.79@ 102 My scanners broke. Can someone posst some pics and specs? Dom
  7. X

i want to put a few mods for now in to my explorer

Don't know yet. I've had a bunch of problems with my build this time around. I'm tuning it this Sat with Troll and his brother Dan. Still breaking in the new motor so I'm only pushing 6lbs of boost. I'm hoping for around 350 at the tires 500+ with the 18psi Will start a new thread Mon...
  8. X

flows up to 1200CFM max 18psi It fits in the BD-11a brackets. I have it on my truck now. Puts out about 5psi with a 2.7in upper pulley and a 6.5in crank pulley somewhere around 5500RPM. BTW that's in a 347, going through a large intercooler, and 5' of piping before the intake. Hope that...
  9. X

2003 Kenne Bell 2.2 Explorer at the track!!!

Hey Rocket, you're getting too close for comfort in the 1/4. :) My best to date with the stock tranny, around 9psi was as follows: R/T .539 .500 is perfect 60' 2.108 330' 5.729 1/8mi 8.720 MPH 82.75 1000' 11.284 1/4mi 13.475 MPH 102.9 My truck is sleeping...
  10. X

X-Box teaser pics

We're hoping to have most things ironed out in the next 2 weeks. It does run and sounds like a dragster. It has moderate-severe exhaust leaks where the headers bolt to the heads. You can't even hear the geardriven blower! 500+ Hp to the tires is well within reach. Will post final pics...
  11. X

X-Box teaser pics

Here's a couple of shots of then work in progress.... Yea I know the intercooler is hanging a little low...Will raise it as the piping gets laid out.
  12. X

X_box!!! Post Your Damn Update In Here!!!

Hey Guys, Sorry for the lack of posts. Since the progress has been painfully slow, I thought I'd wait till it was done. The truck is in the driveway. Here's an update, XB is installed along with headers, new intake, cam, stall converter, transmission, intercooler and some other misc...
  13. X

The Kenne Bell Explorer offically made 400rwhp!

SWEEEEET! Good job Rocket.
  14. X

Nice ride! I've also expeianced alot of problems modding my truck. It's been at my mechanics shop since Oct 04'......I missed it so much bought an 03 cobra BTW.....I also have a 347 X. I live down here in Miami, Trolls stomping grounds. My truck had A BD-11 S/C, TFS Track Heat...
  15. X

Anyone with a Powerdyn supercharged 5.0 have 1/4 mile times?

I ran 13.4 @ 102mph. 9lbs boost.
  16. X

stroker kits

Expo5.0, "Fool" is in the eye of the beholder. Just because I care who has the fastest particular vehicle doesn't mean anyone else has to care. There are a few people on this board trying to be a little faster than the next guy. So it's a grudge race between us. No one else has to join in...
  17. X

stroker kits

985.0xplorer, Never said they "didn't"...said it was "impressive". I know first hand what's involved, so that's why I said it. It's a lot of work. Also, I have more performance upgrades than you and barely made more Hp. Unless the Hp claim you made is an estimate at the flywheel. Without...
  18. X

stroker kits

Sorry for the loss of your ride. Glad you came through unscathed. I'm very impressed that your mechanic yanked out your engine, tore it all down, installed a complete rotating assembly, and reinstalled the engine in less than 48hrs. He work for NASCAR? I also have a 347...+ TFS Street Heat...
  19. X

X-Box runs 13.45@ 101.3mph

Hey Rob, I moved to S. Beach and haven't been to the track. I didn't go to the Dyno tune 'cause I broke a valve spring. I just got new springs to accomidate the larger cam. I may run it again in a week or two. It's going on Ebay next week. I want to see what kind of money it's worth. I...
  20. X

Thanks Guys. Alec, With the big cam I don't have much brakes at low RPM's, and under boost I have less. I don't know why you had them, but I don't. I'm putting on a elec evacuator from a Cobra to create constant vaccum and that should fix it. SaleenEXP, I PM'ed you. LowdPypes, What...
  21. X

Hello Everyone, Well I'm getting closer to my goal of the 12's. I ran 10 times at Morosso and most were around 13.5 @ 100. The truck is running great, I need to get some slicks and a different stall converter. The blower is putting out 9psi. I also can't brake torque the transmission because...
  22. X

My New Toy!

Wow that's sick! I've gotta get down there and check that out. What are you going to do with the blower? How's the seats and cage comming? BTW, I finally got some of my truck issues taken care of. I bent a push rod at the track a few weeks back. I sorted that out and fabed a new...
  23. X

Most horsepower in an X?

I've put down 340 to the ground on a dyno and run 13.85 @ 98mph at the track. That was running around 6-8 psi. I've since milled the pully down from 2.7" to 2.5" , swapped the E-cam for a TFS stage II, and the Track Heat intake for the "R" version. Took it to the track a few weeks ago...
  24. X

Went to the dyno today

Mike, I feel your pain I spent around $10,000 in engine mods and wound up with only 340 RWHP. I thought I'd have over 400 for sure. Talk about disappointing, I've been sick about it ever since. Had I spent that money on a stang, it would have flown. I still need to sort out my excessive...
  25. X

Weight reduction

My bad, I was thinking of XLT_66 who just ran 14.26.... So my question to you is.... If this isn't for a championship, to where the race will be decided by tenths........Why would you go through all the trouble to take out a half dozen items that will only add up to a few lbs of savings...
Back