Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

4x4 will not engage until inside of truck is warm

It is without a doubt your 4X4 control module. I have an 02 and had the exact same problem. Did you recently have total battery loss or replace a battery? After my battery died and I had to recharge it... I had the same problem as you. Go to directfordparts.com and email them with your Make...
  2. S

4x4 does not work

Amen to all that brotha!
  3. S

Ford may be keeping the Ranger

I don't understand why FORD doesn't bring more of those Euro cars over this way. I was looking on their Euro website and some of those things look damn cool... cooler then any ugly Ford Flex IMO.
  4. S

2002 xlt 4WD Won't Shift

Yes, Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago and I bought a new module from www.directfordparts.com for $133. My 4x4 module would only work when warm (weird, eh?). The problem started happening after my battery died and I had to jump and then recharge it. You way want to keep testing your 4x4...
  5. S

My 98 Ranger has flashing 4X4 lights.

4x4 probably needs service.
  6. S

Ranger owners-Post your Snow pics here

LOL that pic looks somewhat real and yet its sooooooo fake
  7. S

Ranger owners-Post your Snow pics here

Pics were taken on my phone so not the best quality. First "heavy" snow of the year here... so I was just pulling out to take her for a spin. Look near the driver's side tail light in the first picture... you can see by dog peaking her head around the corner :D She is an essential partner when I...
  8. S

Scott B's 2006 Ranger FX4 Level II

Such a pretty truck :notworthy
  9. S

Are all 3.0's Gutless??

I have heard the 3.0's are junk... but don't hold me to it. I have the 4.0 SOHC and I love it. Maybe not the best on gas mileage but when towing I can't honestly even tell I am pulling something. Up hill climbs are easy, and it makes a nice sound :) But yeah, when I bought my Ranger there...
  10. S

Ranger Owners: Show Off Your Truck

That blue truck is Beautiful!
  11. S

4x4 does not work

Wait I now see why... different part numbers. Is your vehicle an Explorer or a Ranger?
  12. S

4x4 does not work

Really? At the Silver State Ford Parts website? (directfordparts.com) .... If thats what it says then they raised the price for that part since last week, I ordered mine 2 days before Thanksgiving and I paid... well here is what they said "Hi Scott.Thanks for contacting us.You need part...
  13. S

4x4 does not work

Should have tried directfordparts.com.... I bought mine from them last week, the total including S/H for me was $133.00. Oh well, Atleast your problem is fixed :thumbsup::)
  14. S

Don't let this happen to your ranger!!!! Lol

We want to know what happened!!
  15. S

4x4 does not work

Have you recently charged your battery? Also... watch for the 4x4 lights when you turn on your vehicle. After the Motor starts you should see the "4wd and 4wd low" lights flash. If those lights don't flash... that means the control module is bad. That's how I diagnosed my problem. I literally...
  16. S

Need to replace the 4x4 control module... have a few questions.

I just wanted to update my situation... I replaced the 4x4 control module and it fixed the problem. I am soo relieved, especially since now the weather is gonna get bad and 4x4 is priceless. Thanks to this great forum and its members for help. Direct Ford Parts was great, paid more then half...
  17. S

Problems with engaging 4x4

So it engages sometimes? Any patterns you notice during the times it DOES engage? i.e. like will it only engage when the truck is warmed up, or will it only engage in any other specific conditions?
  18. S

Is a cold air intake worth it?

Whats the difficulty factor of Installing a cold air intake in a Ranger? I have a 4.0 V6 and I am contemplating getting on (probably next spring) and I want to know how difficult a process it is... I'm definitley not very modification-savvy. Thanks guys! :thumbsup:
  19. S

Yeah, I think you may have the same problem as me. I have read about a BUNCH of cases of Ranger and Explorer owners who have vehicles years between 2000 and 2003 who have this same problem. Many report that after they either changed their battery or their battery died on them, the 4x4 would not...
  20. S

4x4 does not work

Awesome... thanks for the info. I am going to Order the part after thanksgiving and replace it as soon as possible! Thanks so much! :thumbsup:
  21. S

4x4 does not work

now I know this thread is about Explorers... but I have a similar problem with my 2002 Ranger. I have heard that Rangers and Explorers are somewhat similar so would replacing the module on my Ranger solve this problem? Ironically last Winter I didn't have this problem but a few months ago my...
  22. S

Hey everyone, I am new to the forums and I am a huge Ranger fan. I love everything about my 2002 Ranger Edge except for one issue... the 4x4 control module is acting up. I am now entering the second winter with my Ranger and I would like to get the 4x4CM replaced so that I have reliable 4x4...
  23. S

No 4WD & no 4WD lights. Newbe here

Was is difficult to change the 4x4CM? By the looks of the piece of hardware it doesn't look difficult. Was there anything special you needed to do when installing the part? Thanks! I am having the same problem except mine works once the car is warmed up (when I blow heat to the floorboards...
Back