Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Cruise Control switch

It's the second link in your quote from gold_expl, Motorcraft p/n SW5919.
  2. F

2001 explorer sport cruise control not working

Yeah, it's the recall thing. Take to your dealer and let them do the recall if you haven't done it already. If you have the recall already then you'll need to get the "new switch". I ended up going to the parts desk and ask for a new cruise control switch for the master cylinder. He paused...
  3. F

front rotor wear

Mounty, what do you consider to be a quality brake rotor? What brand do you recommend?
  4. F

door lock

Does the drivers side make an attempt to unlock, but it just won't unlock with the remote and/or the key? Just based on what you said, without answering the above question, it sounds like you have a problem with your door latch on the drivers side door. You need to be more specific with the...
  5. F

How to: Starting my 00M12 Installation

If you wouldn't mind,what are the part numbers for the sensors and sender and/or clips or whatever else is associated with this? Thanks in advance.
  6. F

Just perfromed the 00M12 with two minor casualties

I just performed the 00M12 this morning with relatively high success with the exception of two minor casualties. 1. I managed to snap the bracket in half that holds the EVR/VIS solenoid when I was trying to remove the bottom connector of the solenoid. Fortunately, I was able to super glue it...
  7. F

Vehicle Speed Sensor problem

Thanks electrohacker. Just went out and looked at it. Seems pretty straight forward on remove and replace.
  8. F

Vehicle Speed Sensor problem

I have an 01 sport 2WD that take a little time to register speed. Does anyone where the VSS is located? Thanks in advance.
  9. F

loud noise when unlock/lock and rear hatch won't lock

Well, I ended buying a new actuator from Tousley ford. It was about $60 with shipping, but well worth the extra money. The actuator was actually much sturdier and had a slightly different build than my original. The best thing was that the hook that goes into the lock was able to be...
  10. F

Part number for shifter rubber piece

I know this is kind of old now, but the part # is 7L5Z7210AA. It comes with a new shifter lever, O/D wire and the rubber piece as ChristianDC kindly pointed out. I just got mine and installed. I feel much better even though the rubber piece being torn is a small thing. It looks much better now...
  11. F

Door fix?

You'll have to take the driver side panel off and check the linkage to the outside handle. There's a yellow plastic clip the snaps shut and locks around the bar the goes up to the outside door handle. This link has the picture of the yellow block about 2/3's of the way down the thread...
  12. F

Help me disconnect my cruise control so it doesnt catch on fire

There is actually a new switch that goes in the master cylinder, but you need the recall installed. My cruise control failed about two weeks after I had the recall installed. I went to the parts guy and asked for the cruise control switch for the master cylinder. His first question was "do...
  13. F

Rough guess on cost of replacement key?

$75 is about right. I was in the same situation with one key. I bought 3 PAT keys off of flea bay and the dealer programmed all of them for $75. So I now have 1 for me, 1 for the wife and 2 spares.
  14. F

Can't seperate knuckle from lower ball joint stud

Agree with my pos. Worst case is a pickle fork, but my pos' idea should work.
  15. F

loud noise when unlock/lock and rear hatch won't lock

My rear power actuator is toast as well. I pulled the trim and managed to disconnect the electrical cable and pull it out of it's holder, but it doesn't seem to have enough room to rotate the hook off of the lock mechanism. Does anybody have any experience with this as far the power actuator...
  16. F

Rear timing chain tsb?

I tried looking through this list of tsb's for your year, but I didn't look super hard. Here's the link
  17. F

Location of Parklamps Relay in Dash Relay Module.

My apologies then. This is the internet and it's hard to tell frustration from being an a-hole with a statement like that.
  18. F

No reason for you to be an A-HOLE hacker.
  19. F

If you have your owners manual, it'll tell you where they're out. Otherwise you can pick a Chilton manual at your local auto store for about $20 or so. Or you can wait for someone to chime in with the answer. Cheers :chug::chug:
  20. F

Part number for shifter rubber piece

I can't for the life of me find this part or what the name is of the rubber piece that is torn on my shifter. I know that it is its own piece inside the upper steering column cover and that you have to run the O/D wire through it if you want to replace it. If anyone can help, please chime in...
  21. F

Is that to say I should do the intake gaskets as well? I have a 00m12 kit on the way, but was just gonna put it aside until I had a problem. Where is the right tensioner located?
  22. F

shaky steering wheel at low speeds while turning

I would inspect your outer and inner tie rods, upper control arm and lower control arm ball joint as well. It sounds like something's loose. And while your in there you might as well look at the steering knuckle and sway bar links and bushings. Just general inspection on both sides. I'm...
  23. F

Explorer not starting

I'm no expert by any means, but if its still turning over, but just not starting, it sounds like a fuel issue of some sort. Maybe the fuel filter is clogged or the fuel pump is not running. You could check your fuel pump fuse to make sure it's good. There's probably a number of other...
  24. F

I have an 01 sport 4.0 sohc with about 86k on it. It runs great and never has a cold start issue due to the fact the I live in Hawaii. I was wondering if anybody thought it would be a good idea to do the intake gaskets/tensioner replacement kit now while everythings running good as a...
Back