Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Need help removing grille on a 2007 XLT

No prob...I figured it was so significantly easier than what I was seeing above. I had to do this process again and it was even easier the second time. Just be careful that the putty knife does not gouge your paint on your bumper when popping off the grille. The tabs are reusable to reattach...
  2. D

custom colored ford emblems

Anyone want to sell me a black one? I cannot figure out this process of making my own. What's the going rate on a black emblem? This is for the front grille of a 2006 X.
  3. D

Need help removing grille on a 2007 XLT

I just did this today on my 2006 lmtd. Below is a link that gets almost everything covered in a way that is soooo much easier than the long version above. I was able to pop out the rivets using a needlenose pliers and pop them back for the install. By far a recommended link...
  4. D

Removal of Chrome Add-ons

I know that dental floss can help, but i am not sure if heat applied would help even more in removing the adhesive. Goo gone may be dangerous to the clear coat and paint.
  5. D

08 Explorer Factory Tint

Confirm the 20% on the back windows of mine when bought. I added 8% on top of that and 20% on the front to match. Craaaazy dark!
  6. D

Grille Guards on 06-08 X's?

Any update on those who were waiting on parts shipment? I am so anxious to get the push bar but can't committ without seeing the various models. Since the manufacturers seem to have forgotten to add the 06 or new gen explorer installed pictures to their promos, this is my only shot. Thanks...
  7. D

Also has anyone done the rear bumper guard? Does it interfere with the backup sensors?
  8. D

AWESOME!!! I'm so happy finally someone on the internet got a front push bar with pictures. This has been sooo hard to find without the full headlight wraps. I would be very interested to find pictures of the gorhino one as well as the Setina brand. The waag is very nice but it has that bend...
  9. D

I hear ya...I really have had a lot of trouble finding pictures of the go rhino or setina push bars on any 4th gen x's. If i saw them, i really could figure out how they look exactly on our trucks. Until then i just keep photoshoppin away.. Looking forward to you getting yours so that we...
  10. D

Maybe that's why noboby else really has these on their 4th gens..=)
  11. D

Problem with Cargo Privacy Cover

Hey all, Does anyone else have problems with their privacy cover for the rear section of their X? I am noticing that when my cover is covering the stuff in my trunk, and i drive over anything slightly bumpy, the cover retracts. It sometimes scares the crap outta me, but i wanna make it more...
  12. D

Thanks...Looking forward to the pix!
  13. D

Must buy 4 new tires?

That is exactly right. Don't replace all.
  14. D

Ironman headlight asmbly swap

Sounds easy...I will get on this soon and post some pix of the install.
  15. D

Yeah those look good...I have a black limited and think that it would look so cool on it. Any idea how hard it is to install?
  16. D

Hey all, does anyone know the procedure for swapping to Ironman headlamps. I am thinking about doing this to my 06 limited and wanted to first know how complicated this really was. Also does anyone know the current rates on the parts? Thanks!! Also if anyone has before/after pix of doing...
  17. D

rear bumper ice

Same probelem here in Chicago on my 06. Nothing to do except brush it away.
  18. D

New to the explorer world, with some basic questions

Hey man...I have the weathertech extreme duty floor mats in my 06 Limited. They are amazing and cover every inch of the floor with overlap onto the trim. Def recommended! I got them from JC Whitney and a great deal with the online coupons!!
  19. D

Just got a Billet Grill

Very nice. Were the headlights easy to install?
  20. D

What remote starter should I get?

You could go with one that comes with a car alarm. Are you interested in upgrading the stock alarm? (if you have one).
  21. D

Lifting a 2006-2008 X

Nice find. That is a huuge lift. Looks awesome! Love those wheels too.
  22. D

Has anyone put a grille guard or push bar on a 4th Gen Xplorer? I can't find pictures anywhere and want to see one b4 I buy one. I am looking at both a Go Rhino pushbar without wraps and a Setina one w/o wraps. It's mostly for looks but a little xtra protection couldn't hurt. Also does...
  23. D

Lifting a 2006-2008 X

Hi all, I am curious to know if anyone has lifted an 06-08' explorer. Any pictures? I am having a lot of difficulty finding any pictures of a lifted newer body explorer. Also, how high is the normal lift for this body? I am only thinking of taking it off road once in a while so most of...
  24. D

Puddle lights

Thanks Mike!!! That website for LED premade bulbs is FANTASTIC!! Does this mean i just pop out my 168, and replace it with the led 168? Which bulb model do I buy? They seem to have a bunch of different kinds that fit the 168. What about the Current Draw @ 12 Volt? Thanks!
Back