Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Bluetooth radio

hi I have an 08 explorer xlt it has the standard radio with cd player and controls on wheel . can I just upgrade the radio to the sync model or will I need other things , harness etc. it was built 8/07. I press phone button and it says no phone. I would like to get Bluetooth to use my...
  2. L

radio upgrade to sync model

thank you I appreciate the imformation
  3. L

radio question on 08 explorer

hi I have an 08 explorer xlt it has the standard radio with cd player and controls on wheel . can I just upgrade the radio to the sync model or will I need other things , harness etc. it was built 8/07. I press phone button and it says no phone. I would like to get Bluetooth to use my...
  4. L

Heated mirror upgrade

yes sir
  5. L

Heated mirror upgrade

mine has puddle lights and they both went on with no problems . these are black textured style . they are great there are others with chrome cap
  6. L

radio upgrade to sync model

hi I have an 08 explorer xlt it has the standard radio with cd player and controls on wheel . can I just upgrade the radio to the sync model or will I need other things , harness etc. I would like to use my phone if possible . any help is appreciated thank you this is the part number...
  7. L

Heated mirror upgrade

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300925657336?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT and http://www.ebay.com/itm/300928421511?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT this is an easy upgrade! just unbolt the old ones and bolt these on . takes less than an...
  8. L

How to Replace Defective Audiophile CD6 CD Pack

i just changed mine out. thanks for the great imformation. i had a little trouble retrieving my cds but its junk any way. working great again. thanks phil
  9. L

How to: 2002 Explorer rear wheel bearing replacement (pictures)

wheel bearing R&R i have a '04 explorer xlt 4x4. i had to replace the lr wheel bearing. i had a hell of a time pressing out the bearing. :(. we tried a tool to do it in the truck but no luck wth this application. i think it got hot and expanded so i couldnt press it . i do have to...
  10. L

single cd to 6 cd player

great idea! thanks i hope you and your family enjoy a great xmas phil
  11. L

single cd to 6 cd player

hi joe thanks for the great imformation? does anyone have one to sell if my deal falls through? thanks phil
  12. L

02 swap from standard to audiophile stero/cd - possible?

does anyone have one to sell ?
  13. L

single cd to 6 cd player

i have a chance to get refurbished unit cheap. as far as the sound etc , do the factoy 6 cd unit sound decent? ill go aftermarket if i have too. i know they sound great. i dont want to attract thieves. the radios come out fairly easy thanks phil
  14. L

single cd to 6 cd player

hi thanks for the great imformation best regards phil
  15. L

single cd to 6 cd player

please help. does anyone have a standard 6 cd player to sell?
  16. L

are infinity speakers any good

i have 4 in my 2004 explorer xlt, sound great. good deal for the money
  17. L

single cd to 6 cd player

hi guys i have a 2004 ford explorer xlt i would like to change out my single cd radio to the 6cd radio can you help? the cds get stuck in the player and wont eject them, plays fine . the single cd radio has two plugs on the rear. 4L2T-18C815-EA is the radio number. im thinking 1L2F-18C815-AE...
  18. L

Question about Ford changers...

single cd to 6 cd player. please help?????????? hi guys i have a 2004 ford explorer xlt . i would like to change out my single cd radio to the 6cd radio can you help? the cds get stuck in the player and wont eject them, plays fine . the single cd radio has two plugs on the rear...
  19. L

defrost door broken on 04 xlt help needed

i got the brand new evap / heater housing today for cheap money. does anyone have the defrost plenum chamber to sell ?:salute: thanks phil
  20. L

the ford manuals on cd today are terrible. hard to navigate, nothing detailed like the old fashioned paper books i found out through the official ford manual that the plenum chamber that bolts to the evap housing contains the defrost door. i found a brand new evap housing with heater core...
  21. L

hi guys i got an answer. i hope this helps out others too Hi Phil, We do not have a product specifically for this problem. The system has a blend door to control air temperature and a separate mode door that switches between defrost/vent/floor(also a separate re-circ door)...
  22. L

i wrote to them to see if they have a fix . i appreciate the imformation. thank you. the temp door fix could save some serious coin and time.
  23. L

thank you ill check it out .
  24. L

Rattling noise from the water pump area.

welcome to the board it very well could be the water pump. do you have any play in it? twist the fan , side to side it also could a timing chain issue. how many miles do you have? i would remove belt to rule out other drive items for a short time and listen for the noise if it istill...
  25. L

i appreciate any help or imformation on dissasembly or a parts source etc
Back