Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

4R70W Reverse Gear Noise

I have a 1998 Explorer with a 5.0L engine and 4R70W transmission. When I put it into reverse, it makes a whining noise similar to the noise a locked transfer case makes in 4 low. When it started doing it, it would only make the noise until I gave it gas. Lately it hasn't been stopping when I rev...
  2. T

Finished 2 inch Body lift!

Hello people, Just finished my 2 inch body lift on My 1998 5.0 Explorer. Got some before and after pics. I didnt use any steering extensions or Radiator brackets. I had to trim the plastic that protects the cooling fan and secure a couple steel hoses out of the way of the serpentine belt but...
  3. T

1998 Limited 5.0 Explorer "Leroy"

Model: 1998 Limited V8 AWD :navajo: Location: Laurel, MD :thumbdwn: CarDomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3256750 Mods: 2 inch body lift Rough Country Nitro 9000 shocks Torsion Twist Warrior Shackles Add-a-leaf raised air intake 31x10.50x15 BF Goodrich All-Terrain Tires Cragar Soft 8's...
  4. T

New Look To My Limited!!!

So I got tired of the annoying, stock Limited look of my Ex. I decided to give it a makeover. This is what I came up with. Before: After: :navajo:
  5. T

2 inch Body Lift Questions

I searched all over and couldnt find a definite answer to these questions. My first one is, when doing a 2 inch body lift, do you need to extend the steering linkage and drop the radiator? My second question is, will my transmission cooler be an issue in installation because of the fluid lines...
  6. T

Looking for suggestions on how to cover these holes....

Hey, I am looking for suggestions on how to cover up the holes on my rocker panels without getting factory trim. I was thinking about vinyls or bedliner, but I am wondering how some of these things would look and work. I took the sidesteps off for off-road purposes and hate the sight of...
  7. T

Where can I buy 1 inch body lift pucks?

Hey, This might be a really stupid question, but I heard about certain stores selling 1 inch body lift pucks for rangers, but I couldn't find any. I searched for a thread to answer my question but couldnt find one. Does someone know where to get these, and if so, the item number? I have a 2nd...
  8. T

What is the Quickest Way to Fix Transmission to Radiator Hoses?

My girlfriend was jumping my 2nd gen 5.0 Exploder and When I got under to look at it, there was Trans fluid leaking out of the two pipes going to and from the radiator. The leak is coming from the pipes themselves, not the fittings. I was wondering what the quickest way to fix this would be...
  9. T

Turn signals don't work

A couple days ago I was driving to Rausch Creek Off Road Park and my turn signals started to work intermitently. They started to make a loud fuzzy noise and they were'nt signalling. Throughout the day, They would work for a little while, then do that fuzzy thing and not signal. On the way back...
  10. T

My New Front Skid Plate

Recently I was being an idiot and teaching my exploder how to fly. When I got home to check on it, I noticed that the cheap factory radiator protector was broken...:p: I went to Lowes today and got some 16 guage steel plate and set to work building... I finally got it finished without...
  11. T

ABS Problems and Trouble Braking?

I have a 2nd gen Explorer and I have a question about the brakes and ABS system. Would the ABS light being on, be directly associated with decreased braking power? The Fliud lines are good, The pads and calipers are good and the rotors are good. My mechanic wants me to replace all the ABS...
  12. T

Rear Bumper Question...

Will a 1997 Sport Rear Bumper fit a 1998 4 door Explorer? I couldnt find another thread on this anywhere.
  13. T

Reinforce or Replace?

Hey, I was hauling a giant log off a trail and I bent my rear (stock) bumper up. Should I fix it and reinforce it or replace it with a fabricated one? Heres a pic...
  14. T

Where Can I Buy Off road Bumpers for 2nd Gen Explorer?

I am looking for a set of off road bumpers and I dont have the ability to build them. I was just wondering if anyone knows where to buy them... Thanks:exporange
  15. T

Rough Country Nitro 9000 Shocks for 1998 Ford Explorer?

Hey, I recently purchased a pair of Rough Country Nitro 9000 Shocks for the front of my 1998 Explorer AWD. I was just wondering if these are good off-roading shocks or not. Thanks:exporange
  16. T

Where to go Off-roading near Chattanooga?

Hey, I am just wondering if there is any place that I can have a little fun in my Explorer near Chattanooga TN. Preferably somewhere I don't have to pay. My Explorer doesn't have many mods just new suspension and TT and Warrior Shackles. All in all maybe 1.5 in. Thanks :exporange :cool:
  17. T

1998 5.0 liter AWD to 4x4 conversion: What transfer case can I put on it and what wou

I was wondering what it would take to convert my 1998 Explorer 5.0 liter V8 AWD to 4x4. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks :salute::us::troops:
  18. T

Transmission has vibration when shifting into higher Gears

I have a 1998 5.0 AWD Explorer with a transmission vibration in the higher gears. I dont have a clue what it could be. Could anyone shed light on it? Thanks :exporange:salute:
  19. T

Basic off-road mods?

Hey, I am new to this whole Explorer thing and I was just wondering what basic off-road mods I can give to my '98 Explorer Limited AWD V8. Thanks:us:
Back