Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Rear Drive-shaft Interchangeability

Hey guys! Question for you.... I have a 1997 Explorer XL 4x4 4 door. It`s all stock. I need to replace the drive-shaft. Are they interchangeable with other years? Does anyone have pictures? Google left me high-n-dry....buggers:D Sorry Mods if this isn`t posted in the correct section:(
  2. R

1354? Transfercase actuator

Okay...a 44-05 it is then.:)
  3. R

Hope that wasn't too much info... -Joe --------------- No. Not to much info..just expensive info. lol Now how do I tell if it`s a 4405 or a 1354?
  4. R

So if the chain is going, (It`s not gone because it does it randomly), 4Low will work in reverse and all forward gears? I`m confuzzled:confused: lol It sounds like a loud high speed buzzing and when I put it in neutral, I coast and hear it slow down and then stop. I can then(usually) put it...
  5. R

Worse case scenario...I`ll try to find a used one. SUV parts are pricey up here, especially when we have a foot of snow or more. Funny how that happens. I will keep the XL if it`s only the TC, but if it`s a transmission...I`ll probably get rid of it. I wish I knew 100% which it was. I`ll keep...
  6. R

Cool. I`m going to try to find it now. Thanks for the info!
  7. R

You have no idea how much I hope you`re wrong:(
  8. R

I can see how these transfer cases and hair loss are similar.:confused: I think I have a 1354 TC. I have an 1997 Explorer XL 4.0 OHV. A great mechanic friend of mine diagnosed a TC problem I was having, as being the "actuator". (Mounted externally on the TC) What happens is, when I put it in...
  9. R

Solved Transmission and Transfer Case Specs by year

I looked at my door code and it says "D" for the transmission and it says I have an open diff. 3.73 axle. 1997 Explorer XL. I had it on a hoist and it seems like a posi diff, plus my transmission is only a 4 speed auto. 1-2-D+OD. How do I know for sure which trans. I have. I think it`s shot...
  10. R

1997 Explorer T-Case swap

*Sigh* Ever notice the parts you get for free are the ones that don`t fit/work? Well...Thanks for the info guys. I guess I`m hunting in the wreckers. Mine says on the case, "Borg Warner Electronic", so that`s not a manual.:( I`ll let you know if I find a working one. I need it for this winter...
  11. R

1997 Explorer T-Case swap

I have , what I think, is a T-case on it`s way out. It`s in a 1997 Explorer XL 4l single cam. My question is, will a T-case from a 1994 Explorer 4l swap in? I don`t have the funds to rebuild, but a buddy is parting out a 1994 with a great T-case. I hope this post is in the right spot o.0...
Back