Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

5R55W Solenoid Block Replacement

From what i'm gathering reading every thread on this board for 2 days sounds like a torque converter & transmission overhaul......
  2. G

5R55E w/P0741 code, TCC solenoid?

I have the same failure code and symptoms everything works though no OD gear..... Am i looking at a complete overhaul? If that's the case i have to reevaluate if i want to keep it all together....
  3. G

i checked and the code read P0741 any thoughts.... I'm reading that it could be the torque converter as well so it sounds like a complete overhaul....
  4. G

There's no check engine light on..... i thought it only has codes when the CEL light comes on....
  5. G

Hey guys, I'm hoping a few members can chime in.... My O/D light is flashing, no Check Engine light, it shifts fine though rpms are high when in OD at highway speeds.... 1) Should i attempt to replace the solenoid pack? 2) the instructions on the thread are awesome thanks for the...
  6. G

Rear half shafts removal, Explorer 2004

Very usefull thread i'm in the middle of doing rear bearing and diff seal.... good tips, i', gonna have to give these a try......
  7. G

How to: 3rd Gen BODY LIFT. Install.

hey zpaperboyz excellent write up...... i've been thinking of adding a body lift to the spacers....
  8. G

275's on stockies

I have 1,5" hubcentric spacers on my X for over a year, 40K ++ on them...... so far no problems.... gave me planty of room with 275's and upper control arm...
  9. G

Photos 3rd gen pic's

damn they look nice, i don't know if its the pic or not but they look bigger than 16's.... nice job man....mind if i ask what the rims set u back??
  10. G

Photos 3rd gen pic's

whats the tire and rim combo on that thing??? looks nice!!!
  11. G

Shock or Strut?????

its the first year they went to struts and all those places still list shocks for the vehicle trust me they do not fit.... When you buy them open the box and make sure they are struts and not shocks... I replaced mine with the sensatracks and am really happy with them... they were a bit...
  12. G

Rear Leak. Need help.

all three rear seals about 600 at a mom and pop shop... that's what i paid.. about 250-300 each... but i did all three ...
  13. G

How Wide can u go????

would those tires fit on 3/2.5??? you have a body lift and suspension lift right??? Did you try mounting them before the body lift???
  14. G

How Wide can u go????

awesome!!!! how does it roll with such a tire??? Even with 265's and a V8 mine feels the pressure.... Keep it up people lets see some pictures!!!!!!! What else do you guys have??? Show off your rims and tires people!!!!! lol !!!!!!!
  15. G

How Wide can u go????

got any pictures??? how much did those run you??? i have a 3/2.5 with 265's and wheel spacers... but i think i want wider tires not too much taller... Anyone got pictures of wide tires mounted on a third gen???
  16. G

How Wide can u go????

Yes i have seen pictures but I was wondering if anyone has gone with aftermarket rims and really try to fit 10-12 inch wide tires??? I mean wide tires...
  17. G

How Wide can u go????

I figured i would ask the question, since most everyone here has 265's or 285's on the 3rd gen. Has any one attempted to go any wider with tires? 10 inches++ If so got any pics?? I have 265's and as soon as the rubber is gone on them i want to go wider, so looking for some motivational...
  18. G

Extended upper control arms and uni balls

That is a NICE set-up... The wheels in the front wil be sticking pretty far out hugh?
  19. G

well then u'll only make us want 35's too....lol... so keep us posted... can't wait to see it... what about those of us with 4x4???
  20. G

man this thread got very interesting!!!!!
  21. G

keep us posted with pictures and prices the entry level arms or spindle sounds good... I am not in the market for a long travel suspension as much as i want one i can't spend the money but i want to build up the suspension the right way so the other options sound great... Good work man...
  22. G

keep us posted with pictures too.... But at that price i might as well keep on replacing ball joints....lol...
  23. G

Hey sounds good, i am glad someone is tackling the issue... When my upper ball joints go, which i am sure they will i might be interested... You know price yet?? Ball park??
  24. G

3rd Row Seat Delete

Can you post some pictures in the front where it meet the 2nd row? I have been wanting to do the same but i want to see what it looks like up front..
Back