Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

My buddy has a problem and I am looking to help him out

My buddy has a 97 Ford Ranger and his 3rd Brake light doesn't work and he checked all the fuses and none of them were bad I told him he may have a short somewhere because when he hooks a trailer to his truck the trailer hookup plug for the trailer lights doesn't work either so, this may be tied...
  2. B

I got a problem

It happens when? I have the knob slid all the way to max air which is the end of the unit and it can't go anymore to the left and the round knob is in the off position and it happens when I am in the city or on the highway.:(
  3. B

Comment by 'bigbadfred' in media 'www.explorer4x4.com Decal'

Hey Gina you and I have Explorers that look similar and I also have a horse and she is a Mare and 4 years old and she is a tenessee Walker. Her name is HoneyBum Delight but she responds to her new name of Sandy.
  4. B

I got a problem

I noticed just recently that when I turn my heat off that it is still blowing even though both knobs are in the off position. What is wrong with my truck. I was thinking the blower motor may be going or something like this. Any one have any ideas on what is wrong with my truck. Thanks for all...
  5. B

Does anyone have any of this laying around

it is two tone It is actually a mocha and a goldish tan color anything close to it would be great
  6. B

Does anyone have any of this laying around

I am looking for a two-tone pin strip for my right fender passenger side front. I have a mocha brown and tan. The dealer wants 99 dollars a side and I don't need the whole side just a fender length of it. Some dam young girl with no license hit my truck and took off. Good news is that she did...
  7. B

LUND WINDJAMMER

I used screws I used self tapping paintable screws for my windjammer and silicone around the screws and it has been on for 4 years now with no problems what so ever and my dad did a good job painting my front visor and rear spoiler and neither has had any problems with being loose or rattle. We...
  8. B

I have a problem

When my buddy was changing my front shocks he accidently snapped my passenger side shock bolt. So, we used the sawzaw and cut the bolt off and drilled it out and put a new bolt in its place from the hardware store. Problem is when I hit a bump you hear a rattling noise from that side of the...
  9. B

my baby is now crashed

I feel for you I was at the gas station here in town by me after enjoying the Harley Davidson Welcome home ralley and I was parked and went to get a soda and some gal came running into the gas station and said who owns that white truck outside, it has just been hit. I went running outside and...
  10. B

Need to know where to buy reasonably priced running board kit 94 model 4dr???

running boards Bremen technologies makes a very nice kit and if you look them up in a search engine you will find them:D
  11. B

Need to know where to buy reasonably priced running board kit 94 model 4dr???

I know who makes the kit Bremen and prestigous makes kits for the ford explorer 1st generation. Looks just like the one listed above
  12. B

Cheapest Place to buy Spinners?

At the Harley 100th Anniversary parade I saw a black kid with a 10 speed and he put tinfoil in between his spokes to make it look like he had 20 inch chrome rims on his bike and I was laughing so hard and my brother and sister were laughing as well. I guess tin foil is the latest craze for 10...
  13. B

"True" performance intake kit

count me in When this item is produced, I will buy one and I like the IFAB version however the price is kind of steep and as long as someone else is producing what I need, I am in:D
  14. B

Comment by 'bigbadfred' in media 'I took the picture without the running boards on'

very nice ride and I love those rims are they 20 inch rims or 18 inch and what size tires do you have on that bad boy?
  15. B

I still get a rough ride

I heard that the IAS shocks were good but after reading this thread, I am going to think twice about them. I have the Sport shocks by gabriel and they totally suck bad and jolt my truck around. I had my upper and lower ball joints all replaced and my truck is still real bumpy. I am not sure what...
  16. B

Just lowered My X and love it! Thanx Sport Truckers

Silenze Nice looking truck you have there and you are rolling in my neck of the woods. Alpha and Myself are rolling the streets of West Allis with our rough and tough Ford Explorers. I got my truck from Heiser Ford on North Ave.:D
  17. B

Does anyone know the answer to this?

thanks everyone Thanks for the help and I will be going to get the stuff for my front end rebuld this weekend. The upper and lower ball joints are getting replaced and the axle u joints are also getting replaced.:D I have a guy that lives across the street from my brother who gave me a real...
  18. B

where is this number located IS this number on your tag inside the door and what does the number start out with a number and a letter or all numbers. Thanks for getting back to me so soon
  19. B

I am kinda stumped on what to do. I went looking for wheel u-joints and the guy told me that there are 2 sizes. I have a stock 4x4 1993 Ford Explorer. What size u joints do I need to complete my front end rebuild.
  20. B

Ball Joints!

Yep, I have 118,000 on my X I have 1 bad lower ball joint and the other going. The front end is super loose and the clunking noise is there too. I had the u joints replaced on both ends of the drive shaft and that took care of the machine gun while holding the steering wheel feeling and the...
  21. B

Hail totalled my "X" , now what ?

65 fury I see your in my neck of the woods here in Milwaukee. So, is your X all decked out and do you have a web page with pics of it. Yep, dent doctor is resonable and dent wizzard on 27th street is also ok. I suppose this means nothing to someone who doesn't live in Milwaukee but if you do...
  22. B

AFTER: 92 X with 2000 mounty rims..

I like the new ride The new ride is nice and I can't wait to see the mods that you are going to do on it. Keep the pictures coming.:D
  23. B

muffler decision

yep My under carriage is immaculate and there is no signs of rust on my pipes or cat and why spend the money to replace something that will last for a long time. Even my muffler had no signs of rust on it and the guy who welded up my muffler said wow this is a surprise that it is so clean under...
  24. B

AFTER: 92 X with 2000 mounty rims..

Elite Did you get those center caps that I sent you a link to on ebay. You will have to go to your local ford dealer and get the acorn shaped lug nuts to hold the center cap on. Go to my home page and look at the centers I have and then go on ebay and bid on some if you got the cash. You will...
  25. B

PICS of my billet gril hood scoop!!!

oreo The truck looks great and I love the way you put the billet in the scoops. I should of did that with my ride. Your ride is one unique piece of work. It def, stands out from the rest. I bet like mine yours gets stairs all the time. I get rubber neckers always looking over at my vehicle. I...
Back