Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

Grinding/Clunking Sound When Braking

My brother has an '02 Mountaineer AWD. He has a similar metal grinding/clunking noise. Through lots of trial and error, we noarrowed it to the right front corner ... or so we thought. To this point, we have replaced the left front hub and the left front half shaft thinking that was the source of...
  2. O

Location of blower motor resistor

Ripper7, no luck yet. Look about 5 posts up from rrgone and see if that schematic looks anything like what you've got. We went through the same thing with the dealers in our area, but rrgone was able to come up with the schematic that is exactly what we have. I'll let everyone know what we find out.
  3. O

I'll keep you posted. Thanks.
  4. O

Well, that didn't do it. Replaced the blower motor speed control, and it's still only blowing on high. We're going to try un-hooking it, un-hook the battery, then hook it all up again and see if that works... kinda like a re-boot. If that doesn't work, what would you suggest?
  5. O

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You !! We'll give that a shot. Finally it's not the dealer or FLAPS saying "here's where it is" and then it's not there. We now have another place to look. Thanks!
  6. O

Well, that's not it. The Mounty is actually my brother's. I'm just trying to get this figured out for him. You said if it has DATC that it will not have a resistor, correct? If so, then what would be the cause? I sent the picture to my brother and he said it looks nothing like that behind his...
  7. O

Thanks for your help and the extra effort. There'll be a little something extra in your stocking on Christmas Morning. Todd
  8. O

The problem is the fan only works on on 'high'. The Ford dealer and all of the local FLAPS say it's the resistor and offer a schematic to show where this resistor is, but it isn't there. The Mountaineer is AWD, but does nor have DATC.
  9. O

Sorry about resurrecting an old thread here, but I need to verify the location of this resistor. Have an '02 All Wheel Drive Mountaineer. The resistor is going to be behind the glovebox, behind the 4X4 module, correct? Thanks in advance for your help. Todd (ovalboy) Cincinnati, Ohio
Back