Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. seanc11b

Fuel Filter Replacement Advice

there a pita...i just did mine about 2 weeks ago with the same problem...try pushing the fuel line and the filter together while using the quick disconnect tool...it should let it unlock then.
  2. seanc11b

How long do springs take to settle?

it doesnt take long...i had my springs in for a week before i got it aligned and then drove 2300 miles to arizona and after that all i needed was a little toe adjustment.
  3. seanc11b

weird temp readings

i installed an aftermarket water temp gauge that reads about 10-12 degrees cooler than my SCT Livewire...just wondering if anyone else that has done this noticed a difference that big.
  4. seanc11b

awesome 2nd gen i saw this weekend

i own a 3rd gen but i figured you 2nd gen guys would like this...its a video just click on the picture
  5. seanc11b

My Explorer as it sits now....

Looks good...is your X a 4x4?
  6. seanc11b

Key Code

Don't know anything about the codes for the keys...are you trying to program new keys?
  7. seanc11b

Key Code

If you remove the passenger side kick panel by the fuel reset switch you will see the sticker with the 5 digit code on the module...or remove the panel under the far rear window on the passenger side it will be on the module there also
  8. seanc11b

Key Code

Are you talking about the keypad code?
  9. seanc11b

Speaker help

They won't fit our X's...only 5-1/4 and 6x8s will fit and also 5x7s.
  10. seanc11b

How long does the Explorer live?

84,000/6 yrs/14,000 per year
  11. seanc11b

intake setup

You will be happy with the k&n CAI....all I can say about the throttle body is that it will be better than stock...I would have tried it already but I got the gay fly by wire crap
  12. seanc11b

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Closer to $1000...springs were $279..shocks almost $400 can't remember exactly....camber kit $200 and $90 for the alignment...if you don't need new shocks the stock ones will work fine...my front ones were blown out so I just replaced them all.
  13. seanc11b

Photos 3rd gen pic's

the front camber kit is about $200.
  14. seanc11b

Photos 3rd gen pic's

i cant confirm that it will work for a 4x4 but according to the ground force website the kit will work on a 2wd or 4wd explorer.
  15. seanc11b

Photos 3rd gen pic's

yea tire size is 275/45R20 and im 2WD...the lowering kit should work for both 2wd and 4wd
  16. seanc11b

Photos 3rd gen pic's

im not exactly sure what the max tire size would be..im running 275/45's and have plenty of clearance..the groundforce kit i have is PN 9926 for $279 from jegs...some places say there are different kits for V6 and V8 but that is the only one ground force offers
  17. seanc11b

Photos 3rd gen pic's

thanks...shocks up front are KYB Excel-G 341419..and the backs are KYB GR2 341327...the ride is a little bit harsh but not to bad and you will need to buy a camber kit if you lower yours...i was running a 100 shot in the video..im to scared to hold the button down longer...ill probably just go...
  18. seanc11b

Photos 3rd gen pic's

heres a short vid of me adding some squeeze to the x...i would have kept going but it was a dead end road...video quality blows i was using my phone.
  19. seanc11b

Photos 3rd gen pic's

There 20x8.5 and it is the ground force kit...it didn't drop the back as far as I thought but I think it looks alright with a little rake
  20. seanc11b

Photos 3rd gen pic's

np...all i can tell you is that it wont be cheap...i paid $750 for the original setup..luckily my brother is a welder and got him to do the new setup for free.
  21. seanc11b

Photos 3rd gen pic's

I'll get some pics of it up...it runs over the diff and I do still have my spare in.
  22. seanc11b

Photos 3rd gen pic's

It's a wet system...running a 100 shot right now..but ill probably put it back to 75...its the 4.6 plate system from nitrous express....its stupid fast with the 100 shot.
  23. seanc11b

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Done that a lot...they dont know what to think when a suv blows them away
  24. seanc11b

Photos 3rd gen pic's

thought i would post a pic of what i use for those pesky ricers...and some stangs.
  25. seanc11b

Photos 3rd gen pic's

looks good...is it a pita to take the rack off?
Back