Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Downhill-gas off vibration

the arm bushings huh? well they seemed solid enough, have yet to hear a peep from them but that is a good idea, the drive train back pressure was what I thought of immediately -Martin
  2. K

Downhill-gas off vibration

Alright I just finished driving my ex back out to CA from MN. Noticed while driving a horrible vibration when the car is going downhill... these conditions exsist: 1) downhill while cruise control uses engine for braking, it stops suddenly with little change in RPM 2) when driving downhill...
  3. K

install a switch for interior lights?

Cool, thanks for the info. If anyone has a wiring schematic for the internal components I would really appreciate it.
  4. K

Looking to buy an Explorer, what should I look out for?

Well keep your eyes open, lots of stuff out there, even though the explorers seem to be the most popular for the clunkers program (top 3 spots are second gens) :) As a side note, I have always had a first gen but am kinda wanting more power when I tow and another two cylinders would be kind of...
  5. K

install a switch for interior lights?

Alright, I enjoy camping out of the explorer.... there are times I am in the back laying down and want the lights on... and there are times that I want the doors open but the interior lights off. I don't have access to my hayes manual for about another month, any schematics or ideas on how I go...
  6. K

Looking to buy an Explorer, what should I look out for?

Looks really clean, a couple things to look out for... 1) besides rust on the fenders check the directly behind the gas door, there are a couple sheets of metal that join there and cancer always seems to pop up there, no big deal but may be a good price dropper. 2) all of my explorers have...
  7. K

93 ABS pump

they said that there was no pressure leaving the module on the line for the L front, I didn't think pulling the module would help, but I really want to try it now :)
  8. K

93 ABS pump

Just got back from the shop, was told that my ABS pump is bad, not getting any pressure to the left front wheel..... to fix somewhere around 1300.00.... any ideas? Can this be bypassed? I am suppose to be driving to MN tomorrow, I doubt I am going to be making it by then.
  9. K

1st gen front sway bar, please help

Just finished, I did exactly what you did anime, only before I read it :) Thanks for the idea surf, didn't have a vice but I had a c-clamp!! Thanks A bunch guys, now if I can only figure out why the heck I have a spare bushing.....
  10. K

1st gen front sway bar, please help

Changing out the front sway bar link bushings on my first gen... anyone have an idea how I can get the old bushings out of the link? They are wedged in there pretty well and I am in a spot where I have no available power tools :(
  11. K

Speaker pop, loose connection?

I installed an aftermarket JVC in my first gen, during installation I noticed that my driver side rear speaker was not working... I wound up playing with the speaker connection between the OEM harness and the aftermarket harness and sounds came back, now that speaker is working at times, and...
  12. K

How to: How To: Replace your Headliner

Black Suede, that sounds interesting.... maybe a little Gothic... please post pics when you do this!
  13. K

Might, but not sure yet, have an A/c problem I need to get done first
  14. K

Yeah, finished it up last weekend.... I had a fiberboard headliner, pulled off the old material and scraped it down lightly with a wire brush until I hit the old adhesive, couldn't remove that without damaging the fiberboard so I just glued on top of it. The install looks pretty darn good, I...
  15. K

Rust Abatement

OK cool thanks for the info guys
  16. K

Tbars, I don't know, just wanted to mix it up a little bit.... we shall see what it looks like. As for the shipping, it came as a bolt on a cardboard tube wrapped in plastic.
  17. K

Just received the material in the mail, they are quick to ship but after you give them your card info you never hear from them. Anyway, midnight blue on a tan leather EB, we'll see how it looks... EB nautica package. Anyway, I am tearing into it next week, I'll post pics when I'm done. -Martin
  18. K

Rust Abatement

Hey guys, My 93 EB came to me with some surface rust on the roof, inside the water channels on the side. It is minor, however I will be going back to MN and rust seems to attract neighbors quickly up there. I found some material called POR15 that one can just paint on and it seals it up...
  19. K

oh wait, nevermind I was looking at the wrong stuff. Figured it out -Martin
  20. K

TBars, Thanks for the how to, going to do this next week. On the A-1 site, where exactly did you go to get the fabric. There are several different options, then there is the auto OEM. if you could guide me a little more, thanks! -Martin
  21. K

battery cable replaced, horrible sound

Fixed! Well just came back in quick to let you guys know I fixed it. Turns out I hooked the alternator up to the starter relay on the wrong post.... DUH!! sometimes it take a sandwich and a coke to figure things out. Well, battery cable replace job in 7 hours :( awe well it will be A LOT faster...
  22. K

also, sorry for the newb questions... but how do I thread merge... sorry about the double post, didn't really know where to put this.
  23. K

Just got back from Auto Zone, the alternator is perfect. Fixxer, do you think this noise I am getting is still the starter? I checked the starter, everything seemed to check out fine... The noise is so loud I can't pinpoint the source of the noise but as I say when I disconnect the voltage...
  24. K

horrible alternator noise

Oh I was hoping no one would catch the edits, I initially thought it was the starter, but I took it off, everything was OK, then found out it was the alternator. Going to autozone right now to have it tested.... why would it just go out like this after a battery cable replace... I have...
Back