Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Head Lights for an Interceptor

Proper aiming is 25 feet and 2 inch drop, while aiming at a blank wall. Maybe you could grab (installed loosly) LED bulb, and play/wiggle it, to get the pattern you would like. It might take some custom shimming to get the "filament" into the sweet spot of the reflector. Plan-B would be to...
  2. D

Aftermarket/custom flat roof rack

I used this to mount our kayaks (worrdied about moonroof). Nothing really aftermarket for 2016 Explorer Sport. So I build my own. I used those bolt threads (remove plastic caps) along the roof rack rails. Then 90-degree Aluminmum angle, bolted to the rails. Then welded some crossbeams to...
  3. D

2018 Sport mild build

I did the PowerStop ones, just cause they "look cool", and needed rotors/pads for $500, sure! FYI: Actually drilled rotors are LESS functional, as they have less thermal mass (less physical mass to absorb heat). Trust me, I spend $5,000 on brakes (rears only) for my raecar.
  4. D

Super important tuning question

I am local to Liver - NOY. That is how they and the locals pronounce it.
  5. D

Free Magnaflow

Thanks for the research. Yes, I have a Corsa myself, but occasionally we tow, and then you are on highway heavy-throttle... possibly looking for just a wee bit more silence from the Magnaflow 12468 might just be enough... ?
  6. D

Free Magnaflow

Yup, what is the distance BETWEEN PIPES ? Possible to fit in CURRENT exhaust, in the "H-Pipe" area (adding "extra Magnaflow muffler)... https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/cache/images_ePIM_original_P04_LPP14324-BLK_w760_h500_q75.jpg Specifications | MagnaFlow Part # 12468 Body Finish...
  7. D

Free Magnaflow

Could you tell me the "centerline distance between pipes"? (interested in your exhaust, but in Detroit... ) Thinking of adding the Magnaflow 12468 to my exhaust, could use measurements - thanks!
  8. D

Wheel Load Rating

Look up max tow rating capacity. Then 10-15% of trailer weight is on tongue, so that would be on the rear wheels. YOU do the math...
  9. D

Question on Wheel Fitment

Total offset (from edge of rim, to mounting surface of wheel). Try looking at first 4 photos off Mustang: Wheels/Tires - 1999
  10. D

Question on Wheel Fitment

Yes 158mm to 178mm. But how much room do you NEED? Measure what you currently have (tire to strut) and see if -20mm will fit. On other vehicles, I have 5mm clearance (MEASURED actual, not calculated), and no issues. p.s. On my offset calculator I get different values: 9"x44mm =171mm...
  11. D

Lowered my 14 sport and they can't get it aligned

Not Explorer specific photo, but yes... https://www.hrsprings.com/images/triplec.jpg
  12. D

5gen ford explorer 3.5 ti-vct supercharged

^^^ Ditto. Take it from ~180hp to ~270hp (nice), but still no EcoBoost 3.5L .
  13. D

2012 explorer air deflector skid plate

p.s. I have heard people lose them (here in Michigan snow), so I drilled a small hole and zip-tied mine in the front. Should it come loose, it would still be hanging there till I got home...
  14. D

defrost doesn't unfreeze wiper blades frozen to windshield

https://fordauthority.com/2022/02/ford-patent-filed-for-heated-windshield-wiper-blades/#:~:text=Ford%20Motor%20Company%20has%20filed,and%20assigned%20serial%20number%2011254291B2.
  15. D

Auto manfacturers look to restrict repair & customizing after purchase

IMOHO, I see White/Black/Grey areas: You put an aftermarket chip, remove redline, spin the motor to 7,000rpm, blow motor - is Ford responsible for your modifications? You put on a catch can, this is not factory, changes the emissions settings, engine fails... is Ford responsible for your...
  16. D

2015 Ford Explorer Sport from Canada. 232 kW (316HP)?

USA = 365hp Cannot attach files here, send email to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I have the PDF of your window sticker "Monroney Label".
  17. D

Steering hard

Look for bad ground. Clean up the bolt/mount of the ground cable. (possible?)
  18. D

Can I use 18" wheels on my 2017 explorer limited.

VERIFY brake caliper clearance (I do not know), but tires are okay.
  19. D

Catch can preference

GREAT thread: RX Performance catch can for Explorer Sport DRUDIS photo of fall season (heavy water condensation) mixed with oil in catch can here: Oil catch can / who has installed it and how much oil becomes "catched" ?
  20. D

What do you use for data logging?

Interested and following...
  21. D

Aftermarket Spoiler/Winglets?

Not available any longer. Plus, these look like the opposite of what you wish to achieve (unless its MORE drag)... ? Video:
  22. D

Gibson Axle Back Exhaust

Borla vs Gibson Exhaust Personally, I have the CORSA on the 2016 Sport (so does my Daughter's 2016 Platinum).
  23. D

Remote Start 2018 questions

I worked with these guys for my 2018 F150... For 2015 2016 2017 2018 Ford Explorer Keyless Car Remote Smart Prox Key Fob | eBay
  24. D

Larger Tires on OEM & Aftermarket Wheels

A 3% tolerance is still considered "in spec". At 60mph x 3% = 1.8mph. Its usually >5% where 3+mph is considered out of tolerance, and may/will affect Traction Control and ABS and MPH.
  25. D

How to: ecoboost_xsport consolidated build/maintenance thread

Optimal EXTRACTION is approximately 4-6" behind radiator. Glad its working for you, but you would gain more, having moved it more forward.
Back