Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

96 ranger 2-3 flare how do I fix this annoying problem

My independant Ford shop put some Justice Brothers transmission snake oil in my rebuilt '98 trans. Cured the flare. Not sure which additive it was, iirc JB has two to choose from. That would be my first attempt to fix it. You may also want to drain the pan and add new fluid along with...
  2. A

Removing "V8 AWD" Badge?

: At this point, you are at risk of pulling paint. Heat them up, and run a fishing line behind them. You will have to work off any remaining paint. IMO, leave well enough alone. Yes, the 5.0 badges look "better", but you really don't need no stinking badges....:D
  3. A

What brand tires to get?

My "new" '99 has LT X Michelins. They seem fine. On the '98, I had Firestones with no real issues, then a free set of new Firestones, and then a free set of Goodyears from Ford. The were OK. I went with 16s and put Dunlop Grantrek 245-75 x 16s on. They were a little better than the...
  4. A

Buying 2000 Explorer XLT-Why so cheap?

Buyers Remorse If you didn't buy it yet, think again. Check around for V8 models. I just paid too much for a stripper '99 XL 4x2 with just under 107,000 miles. Very clean. I found a not so clean V8 with 170,000 for $2500. There are millions out there. My "new" '99 has the OHV motor...
  5. A

All you need to know about keyless entry

No module and No module, no response to the 8 times on/off, so my "new" stripper '99 will require an aftermarket set up to add remote to the power door locks. Anyone have any recommendations on aftermarket stuff? OR can I just install the RAP module and plug it into my harness? In...
  6. A

Wanted 2001 Explorer Motor 4.0 SOHC 8th digit in Vin#E

So, just to review: ANY SOHC will take my intake and exhaust and bolt into my '98? Planning for the future here.....:p:
  7. A

How To: Upper Control Arm / Ball Joint Replacement (Lots of Pictures)

Just got a quote for $982 for upper and lower BJs, after taking it in for "death wobble". Bandaided the wobble for now with some lower tire pressure--I had too much air in them babies--now time to read up for my Christmas vacation project....:p:
  8. A

Yes another shocks post!

IIRC the last time I checked this, it was Sensa Tracs that were preferred. Are Reflexs a newer item? 93k+, time for new sneakers and shocks.... ALSO, what about the sideways shock on the rear axle, is that a dealer only job? Can you feel a difference with or without it?
  9. A

After market Cat questions?

According to my smog guy, and based on actions taken by the California Bureau of Auto Repair, NOT all cats are equal. The smog guy has had folks come in with aftermarket cats that fail worse than the worn out stocker. CA will require a cert on aftermarket cats after 1/09. Fraud is everywhere...
Back