Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

95 Explorer fuel pump help needed ASAP

bypass inertia....how & why did you do that? did it work?,,,I have a fuel pump problem, too. Hot wired the inertia but pump doesn't seem to build any pressure to run. Told to check the E C T relay but don't know where it is? or what it does... any help? thanks Dickster
  2. D

How to: 1st Gen Gas Tank Fuel Pump Access Panel

Questions? Hey you, boys, was reading your site on "trap door" that you cut for access to the fuel sender. Very informative! Was wondering,[ before I too start cutting for the same reason} what did you test & where [electrically] to decide it was the sender? I assumed because I do not hear the...
  3. D

Fuel Tank Replacement Question (1st Gen)

Hey you, skydiver I was looking up for my own suspected fuel problems & saw yours. my 94exl wont start & I believe that it might be the sender [fuel pump] too. it happened on my 1st 94 exl & it went to a garage where they dropped the tank & replaced the sender, all for $350. Money with me is an...
  4. D

Post pictures of your HHO installation

potasium hydroxide ?????? BE VERY CAREFUL! using this stuff....LOOK & SEE on YOU TUBE sites refering to HHO & you will SEE THE GUY WITH ALL THE BURNS & BLISTERS ON HIS NECK, FACE & HANDS from POTASIUM HYDROXIDE Lucky not in his eyes....BAD **** TOO MESS WITH
  5. D

Ontario DriveClean - My log to clean up high NOX emission testing problems

Hey you, "G" I`m going in to get my "test" with in the next month....A friend of mine owns the shop where I`ll get it done. I am installing my home made HHO devise [in the making] & will be quite anxious to see how the test goes - with & with out my HHO on. I live in Brantford [app. 60 miles...
  6. D

Windshield Wipers Stopped Working

Yes, after replacing it, It was the ground! damit.
  7. D

Windshield Wipers Stopped Working

WIPER Pittman arm "CLIP" I had a problem with my wiper motor & went to the trouble of replacing it before I found it was the ground, [see thread] for details. BUT I lost the CLIP that secures the Pittman arm to the Pittman, TWICE [drop it down past tranny into snow cause my hands were cold] but...
  8. D

Towing on the bumper question

TOWING with 94EX I tow my bike trailer, bout the same weight all way round as yours, to Florida for bike week, 1,500 miles one way...total weight 1,500 lbs, my tongue weight is bout 100 / 125 lbs, pretty well balanced out & you don't even know it`s there....thou it is enclosed like a 2 wheeled...
  9. D

Towing on the bumper question

U Haul issue up here Canada they wont rent you if you go in with your [explorer] they claim that it creates tranny [auto] problems...the girl told me that there were too many "law suits" with Ford bout this...Ford said you have to have the factory "tow package" or your warranty is void????
  10. D

adjust your TPS (another free hp mod)

T P S drilling for adjustment Used my dremel & a cone shaped grinding stone. Ground off one side of the flanged sleeve & it then pushes right out the other side. this removal almost allowed me enough room for my adjustment to get it to .96. A lot easier to drill now... if you have to..
  11. D

Info On Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS)

Nitrogin for tires? I was introduced to using nitrogen to inflate the tires on my 94EX. Don't know if you guys do it or have being doing it but I find it fantastic. Started out with my Harley. I would "adjust" or check the pressure 3 times a riding season, spring, mid summer & fall. My rear...
  12. D

How to: Rebuild 4X4 Shift Motor

Does shifter motor work? Today I took out my shifter motor[94EX] 4x4 not engaging, recently purchased, as is, I could see 2 wires had been cut? Anyway removed the motor , followed the excellent pictures & walk thru threads...great...it`s out...now to check if it works itself before chasing all...
  13. D

How to: How to install an aux transmission cooler 96

Thanks for that info....Dickster
  14. D

HHO: Is it alchemy? Or will it improve gas mileage on a ’99 4.0 SOHC Explorer?

I have done some in the past year, have acquired "some knowledge" have one on my 1 -94EX never got a real good reading on it tho, lot of things came up. Have intentions of running it again, when weather is warmer,,,you can use some windshield washer antifreeze to, if you want. Has excellent...
  15. D

How to: How to install an aux transmission cooler 96

94EX Auto trans COOLER? Question re tranny coolers. Can one use a A/C cooler as tranny fluid cooler. I took out my A/C [4 a sun roof] & still have the cooler mounted in front of the rad...Be a NATUREL if it works. When I install my cooler, I will bye pass the rad as the proper size cooler will...
  16. D

Front Wipers Do Not Work

Check the ground!!
  17. D

Front Wipers Do Not Work

Check the ground - first Just finished a 94- EX wiper motor R&R remove & replaced it with one from my other -94EX , had to take it out too, Installed it & found out it was ALL A 'BAD GROUND".........MY, MY, & I thought I was better than that. lol ...but I do have a "good" motor for...
  18. D

EX 91-auto tranny leak, uncommon?

91- EX auto tranny leaking [lots] on right side 1/2 way up, Round "plate" 3" / 4" dia. has top 1/2 sticking out & losing lots of oil. What is this, how do I repair / stop this leak. Is there something bad goin on & / or why did this happen? Can`t find any info in threads, must be uncommon...
  19. D

4 x4 dosen`t engage / cant activeate

am I doing this right..posting & all....haven`t done anything like this before
  20. D

can you give me any info or know of somewhere I can get some...tanks
  21. D

I recently purchased 1994 XLT automatic & don`t know where to start in trying to find the workings of the 4x4 drive. Former owner has done tie rods, upper & lower ball joints, drive universals etc & claims that all worked when he parked it 12 months ago...this "EX" is other wise in excellent...
Back