Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

New wheel bearings in, still noisey

My 2007 is making a similar noise, and after thinking long and hard about it (and driving 600 miles this week) I decided that the noise is the half shaft on the drivers' side. When I am driving, and slightly turn the steering wheel, the noise abates. I don't think a wheel bearing would do this...
  2. C

How to: 2nd Gen NO AC ( or heat) FROM VENTS!!! A "How to" what to look for thread

Eureka!! I pulled the gray line that feeds the hot water cut off valve and put compressed air to it, and couldn't get anything to go through, so I cleaned it a bit and found a collapsed spot about 3 inches down from where the elbow attaches. Cut the bad spot out, re-connected the elbow and...
  3. C

How to: 2nd Gen NO AC ( or heat) FROM VENTS!!! A "How to" what to look for thread

I've been fighting this for about a year now (1997 Sport 4.0 EFI). I thought it was the blend door, but it appears to be working on it's own so now I've been reading this thread and noted where it was said by Turdle that the heater control valve will close when the max a/c is selected, so I...
  4. C

Larger Oil Filter - 07 Limited (4.0) ??

Fudge. I did a search and everything before I posted too. Thanks!!
  5. C

Larger Oil Filter - 07 Limited (4.0) ??

Just changed the oil in mom's exploder and the filter Ford calls for looks just like the old FL1A Motorcraft filter I used on mom's Thunderbird V8 only shorter by 2-3 inches. I'm a fan of having more oil capacity and more filter and I can't think of any reason this wouldn't work well, can...
  6. C

MAF Humming

So, do I need to swap it out? I'll clean it up or replace ....
  7. C

MAF Humming

Exactamundo!
  8. C

MAF Humming

OK, this is what I did to my 97 4x4 sport that has the SOHC 4.0: Disconnected the negative cable Cleaned MAF and TB with appropriate cleaners Changed air filter Dumped Seafoam into the brake booster vacuum hose Now the MAF is humming, but seems to stop when driving, but at a stop...
  9. C

Troubleshooting Fuel System

It has not misfired since that one day, the CEL has not come back on, and it runs without missing a beat. It does seem to have a rough idle. Tell me more about the leaky OHC intake o rings syndrome.....
  10. C

I can hear it, high pitch, runs for a few seconds (2-3) then stops. I am assuming this is because it has reached the proper pressure before start-up?
  11. C

Jeeze, Springfield, MO huh? I'm in Nixa! :D:D:D:D:D:D
  12. C

My 1997 4.0 SOHC 4X4 Sport Automatic (140,000 miles) misfired and the CEL came on. I drove it to Autozone and they put a code reader on and it gave these codes: PO171 PO0300 Mileage went from ~19-20 to 11.5 mpg. I can't really tell that it has lost any performance. This started...
Back