Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Battery drain with ignition off

So heres some more numbers, with the car running i get 14.8 volts at the terminals. The factory gauge however looks like around 10-12 or so. So then i turned the truck off and tested each fuse, and the only ones that had voltage were ignition fuse was slowly creeping up voltage from .2 to 2+...
  2. B

I have a turn signal bulb out if that would cause anything. As far as the relays go, i just replaced the fuel pump relay and the brown one i pulled out while testing voltage and still drops.
  3. B

So i fixed my fuel pump fuse problem and replaced the battery with an optima yellow top, but now im having issues with holding a charge. I tested the volts and it seems to to drop from 12.7 volts to 12.0 volts in about an hour. I also scanned the codes and came up with code 15 C which says power...
  4. B

diagnostic help!!!

well i got it figured out. I changed the fuel pump fuse, which was hiding under blower motor. lol but now it will run, but has a bad idle surge and when it does the check engine and battery light come on. Could it be a bad battery or alternator?
  5. B

diagnostic help!!!

Ok well ive been researching some threads on here and was wondering is the brown relay pictured above the fuel pump relay? I took the jimmy rigged relay pictured off and it didnt affect the starting, but when i unplugged the brown relay no engine light or brake light came on when i turned the...
  6. B

diagnostic help!!!

Im not to good at reading wiring diagrams, so how should i diagnose this problem. I was thinking following he wire from the fuel pump fuse to the battery but would be easier probly if i knew what wire it was and were it connects to power. Im trying to figure out what happened but can understand...
  7. B

diagnostic help!!!

Its a snap on multimeter i got from UTI. BTW this is using a jumper battery because mine died and i cant get it to run long enough to charge it again. Anyways so maybie i have corroded or some pulled out wires or something. It almost is like it will start when you let it sit for a while, but...
  8. B

diagnostic help!!!

Did some testing today with the multimeter. I decided to test to see how much power the fuel pump relay fuse and ecc fuse were getting. I got 10V to the EEC fuse, 12V to ign fuse, 8v to fuel pump relay fuse. Then i tested the inertia plug, i got 7 volts. all was tested with key on.
  9. B

diagnostic help!!!

well i just unplugged all the wires to the relay and turned the key and heard the fuel pump, so i started it, it ran for about 10 seconds and died. Turned the key again no fuel pump prime. i waited 10 mins and tried again same thing happened. It seems that the relay i thought was the pump relay...
  10. B

diagnostic help!!!

Well it looks like there is a pink, red, and black/yellow wire going into the harness but there are two green/orange wires cut. The thing that gets me is, well it could be the wiring but i have had the truck for a year before noticing that the fuel pump relay is rigged up that way. All the...
  11. B

diagnostic help!!!

i just pulled some new codes code 95, 96, 10
  12. B

diagnostic help!!!

well after reading that, i tested my inertia sensor. Now i know its not the inertia sensor like i thought it was before. It must be the jimmy rigged setup as pictured above with the 5 prong relay. I just cant figure out the wiring. Im so lost and need some help.
  13. B

diagnostic help!!!

So has anyone broke their inertia sensor before?
  14. B

diagnostic help!!!

Its not stock, just the motor and interior.
  15. B

diagnostic help!!!

yeah, its been stressful. Always getting stranded places and having to call AAA to tow me to my house just to wait until it will start again. I wonder why the inertia switch would go out. I dont know if it has anything to do with it but earlier that day i was Pre running a course and slide off...
  16. B

diagnostic help!!!

Some updates... I was letting it idle in the garage and it died with no fuel pump prime and no start, then let it sit and restarted. Then it died and wouldnt start with no fuel again. so then i unpluged and used a paperclip to test the inertia switch. It primed up and started. Then i pluged the...
  17. B

diagnostic help!!!

Heres some pics of what mine looks like?
  18. B

diagnostic help!!!

Well it looks like the previous owner hacked up the wiring and used some kind of 5 prong relay with only 4 being used. I dont know where to start now. If i had some pics you think i could figure out what wires are going to what?
  19. B

diagnostic help!!!

Well i got the relay but i dont see where it would go in, all i see is one set of wires plugging into the box of relays. I was driving it again today, and then at WOT it died, wouldnt start.
  20. B

diagnostic help!!!

Well today when i went out to start it, the pump primed and it started and ran. Could the fuel pump do that or most likely the relay? Im getting a relay today so well see.
  21. B

diagnostic help!!!

It looked alright, but today i was out in the fields and came around a corner and it shut off. Tried to start it 20 times and every time it would start and die. I didnt hear the fuel pump prime either. can the fuel pump just go out and could the relay cause this?
  22. B

diagnostic help!!!

Its wierd, it could be dirty or something. Ill check it out
  23. B

diagnostic help!!!

When i checked fuel pressure it was like this one, just once it built up after a while it stayed at 35psi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-agmZ7IbQLw
  24. B

diagnostic help!!!

Well changed the thermostat and definitely runs a lot warmer now. but today i was driving and the fuel cut off, and tried starting it 10 times, with no fuel pump prime. Then i turned the key like 6 times back and forth, and it started. Why did the fuel pump shut off for that time? Is my pump...
  25. B

diagnostic help!!!

If the thermostat is messed up could it cause a CEL and cause it to run lean, or read a lean code? Also says idle out of range (to high) code 12. Thats the only thing i have not tried, its a pain. But guess i got to do it.
Back