Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

2002 Explorer: Is there a automatic headlight turn off?

My rearview mirror does not have a slider on it.
  2. B

2002 Explorer: Is there a automatic headlight turn off?

2002 Explorer: Is there a automatic headlight turn off? You leave the headlights on, turn off the engine and exit the vehicle. Will the headlights turn off after a pre-time? I remember a headlight ON warming chime but not a turn off feature.
  3. B

Clear coat type: acrylic or enamel?

I am repairing a 2-3" wide strip from the passenger headlight going back to near the radio antenna. A few years ago a body shop performed a accident repair however the repair did not last. The clearcoat lifted exposing the paint and some rust developed. So it was time for me to take care of...
  4. B

Clear coat type: acrylic or enamel?

I decided to fix the paint problem on my Explorer. Can someone tell me which type (acrylic or enamel) of clear coat ( 12 oz spray can) I can use with Dupli-Color EBFM03417 Perfect Match Automotive Spray Paint, Ford Silver Frost, code TS? The Dupli-Color paint I am using is acrylic. So does...
  5. B

AC system won't take freon charge.

It's a 2012 Escape. The AC stopped blowing cold air. I attempted a recharge with a 12 oz freon can. hose, gauge connected to low pressure side. The compressor was engaged however the system would not take freon. I know because I measured the can before and after. The numbers were the same...
  6. B

02 Explorer XLT: I turn the ignition off and the radio turns off

Fordysenior, thanks for your help and insight into my problem. No, I didn't use a Ford door ajar switch. I used this one from Amazon; Standard Motor Products AW-1003 Door Jamb Switch . Before I installed the part I tested it with a ohmmeter. As you noted defective parts are always a...
  7. B

I think it's working now and I am leaving well enough alone. All I did was remove the positive battery cable and ground it to the negative battery terminal. This would reset the micro-controllers and electronics. Re-connected postive cable to positive terminal. Started the engine, turned...
  8. B

02 Explorer XLT. My chimes are working again after replacing drivers side door ajar switch. Now a new problem has occurrred. First, when working properly, if the radio was on when I turned the ignition off the radio would stay on until I opened and closed the drivers door and then shut off...
  9. B

02 Explorer XLT: Key in Ignition Chime

It works now the drivers door ajar switch had back out of the latch.
  10. B

02 Explorer: Passenger side door ajar switch work on drivers side

The answer to my Passenger door ajar switch is no.
  11. B

02 Explorer: Passenger side door ajar switch work on drivers side

Does anyone know if the Passenger side door ajar switch works on drivers side? I know electrically it works but I can't get the switch to stay inserted. I know it's a push and twist but the one I have fails the twist part and evenually backs out. I tried cutting the lock tab down with a...
  12. B

02 Explorer XLT: Key in Ignition Chime

According to the user manual the Key In Ignition Chime will sound when key is left in the ignition and the drivers door is opened. My Explorer no longer does this. I do not have a door ajar warning light on and I have replaced the drivers door ajar switch. Plus I have checked the cable...
  13. B

2002 Explorer: How to remove cabin fusebox?

I kept searching and found the same link as you did. 2002 explorer fuse box removal - Yahoo Video Search Results
  14. B

Help Selecting a OBD2 scanner

I have no updates or good luck solving this problem.
  15. B

2002 Explorer: How to remove cabin fusebox?

I have been searching and haven't found a way to remove the cabin fuse box or how do I check cabin fuses? I found the fusebox location and can't fit my body between the front seat and under dash while looking up. I just want to check for blown fuses. There has to be a easier way. 2002...
  16. B

Looking for recommendations on what repair manual you guys use. I want to get one for my Explorer and found this one. Are there any better onces you know of? Ford Explorer (2001 - 2010) Chilton
  17. B

Here is what I found on a 2002 Taurus and mine is 2002 Explorer XLT. Wonder if it's the same issue? I think they are talking about requiring a Forscan scanner and reprogramming the GEM module? 2002 Ford Taurus: chime..a headlight warning module..sound right…
  18. B

Forgot to add, door ajar lamp is not on & I have looked at the multi-conductor bundle between door and cabin. I pulled on each wire individually and none pulled free. Also flexed the bundle back and forth; no improvements. Early in my debug I replaced the passenger door ajar switch by...
  19. B

Thanks for posting the schematic; good debug info. Is there a Ford or Chilton repair manual that has this level of debug info? I need to get one. Yes, I was looking for a scanner that would read DOOR AJAR problems. Doing a little research I discovered a error code does exist; B1566 Ford...
  20. B

I see there are three types of scanners; code reader, DIY scanner and Professional Diagnostic Tool. Which of these tools do you guys find most helpful and use? I have a 02 Explorer and besides engine codes I want a tool that will help with Door Ajar problems. Here is a write up at Best...
  21. B

02 Explorer XLT Cooling Hoses

For the next guy who has this question or problem. Regarding the right angle hose 1 and 1/4"OD x 6" long. It's a dealer item only and sold as part of the overflow tube assembly for $104. You have to expand the parts diagram to see this part. Mine was in good condition for I applied three...
  22. B

02 Explorer XLT Cooling Hoses

I am replacing the upper and lower radiator hoses and I noticed three additional cooling system hoses; the Lower - Overflow Reservoir To Radiator hose 02 2002 Ford Explorer Radiator Hose - Cooling System - Dayco, Gates, MacKay, Motorcraft, Lower, Lower - Reservoir To Radiator, Thermostat...
  23. B

Cooling system hoses. There's a bunch of them..

I couldn't open the above URL but this one worked. Radiator Hose | FordUS. You will have to go up a few levels to the begining.
  24. B

02 Explorer\relay\ford factory alarm

Alarm & wireless transmitter now function. I opened the fob cleaned debris from a integrated circuit with alcohol, checked transmitter battery voltage, reconnected the reset switch to the alarm controller box and reprogrammed the fob. bt
Back