Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Hissing noise when accelerating then dies out

Sure... Have you located the exact tubing that I referenced above? You can locate it by having a friend stick his head under the glove compartment and you can turn the Air Control from ON to the OFF (facing up) direction (that's when the hiss kicks in). Or if that doesn't work, have someone...
  2. E

The initial issue from 16EBBOY sounded exactly like the problem I had with the short lived hissing upon acceleration. Before anything else, did you give my advise a try?
  3. E

It's under the side dash. No need to pop the hood. Basically if you sat in the passenger seat and extended your feet all the way towards the front of car as far you can, your toes would be pointing towards it. You're going to have to lie on your back to get in there enough to see it, but you...
  4. E

I'm not a technical car person. I guess it's not an air pump... I think what's more important is that it solves the hissing problem; please don't get stuck on my car part ignorance.
  5. E

hissing noise in vacuum reservoir

I fixed it!!! The issue with this is the hose on the pink colored T-Connector that is connected to an air pump. Over time, the hose gets stretched out and there is a gap between the rubber material of hose and the air pump connection. The hissing sound from accelerating is derived from the...
  6. E

I fixed it!!! The issue with this is the hose on the pink colored T-Connector that is connected to an air pump. Over time, the hose gets stretched out and there is a gap between the rubber material of hose and the air pump connection. The hissing sound from accelerating is derived from the...
  7. E

Used Rims

Yes, there's not much. Are there any other reputable web sites that specialize in used car parts?
  8. E

Used Rims

Any help? Please...
  9. E

Used Rims

Other than xrims.com and ebay, do you know of any other web sites where I can find used rims? I'm looking to find black 22's for my 2004 Black Explorer. Thanks in advance.
  10. E

Headlight Upgrade

Really? How much of a trim? I'm not exactly the best with my hands (car-wise).
  11. E

Yo explorer forum, so about the chin spoiler

Wish I could help you out with your issue, but thank you very much for serving our country.
  12. E

Headlight Upgrade

Any suggestions on high quality blue-ish tint bulbs that come in 9005, 9006, and 9145??? I'd want to get the Silverstar Ultras, but they don't make the 9145's for fog lights.
  13. E

Headlight Upgrade

Were you able to find the Silverstar Ultra's for fog lights? I can't find them [size 9145 (H10)] Any other brand recommendations for bulb brands that come in all 3 sizes?
  14. E

Headlight Upgrade

bump
  15. E

Headlight Upgrade

So I've got the bulb spec's down: 9006 for low's, 9005's for high's, and 9145 (H10) for fogs lights. The problem is I can't figure out what brand of bulb to buy. I've read a ton of reviews and want to stay street legal, not spend a ton, but purchase quality bulbs that will match and not burn...
  16. E

1999 explorer locked out help!!!!

Usually if you call your local police station, they can bring over a slim jim and open it for free.
  17. E

Cheap Mods

Do you need to buy the high beam bulbs as well?
  18. E

Stock Rims

You sprayed your stock rims black???
  19. E

Rims

I'd take stock rims over those ugly shoes...
  20. E

Rims

I have stock rims on my 2004 Explorer and recently caught some curb rash on the lip of the rim. Some of the paint got taken off and was wondering the exact color and brand that should be used. Thanks in advance.
  21. E

Stock Rims

I have stock rims (I know, time to upgrade) on my 2004 Explorer and recently caught some curb rash on the lip of the rim. Some of the paint got taken off and was wondering the exact color and brand that should be used. Thanks in advance.
  22. E

Clear Front Corners

Size 3157 Silverstar...I bought the non-amber ones by them that are street legal and and are yellowish when lit. They're like 3 bucks for a pair.
  23. E

Headlight upgrade

I'm looking to upgrade my headlights to a Xenon HID look (either superwhite or blueish tint). My 2004 Black Explorer's only current modifications are clear front corners. Any suggestions on street legal (New Jersey) bulbs and bulb sizes? Do I need a set each for low/high beams?
  24. E

Clear Front Corners

You're the man. Thank you.
  25. E

Clear Front Corners

Did some digging and it turns out this item is no good from this seller: parasitesingle Negative feedback rating horrible comunication skills, wrong parts, DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! barrygagt ( 15 [Feedback score is 10 to 49] ) Dec-24-08 14:47 2002 2003 2004 2005 FORD EXPLORER 4DR...
Back