Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

New Rims!

Those are nice, what kinda lift you got on there? When I get around to replacing all my shocks im hoping to get a little extra lift like that
  2. D

New Rims!

so what i would need would literally be from a 2001 then?
  3. D

New Rims!

@Joe dirt i actually have those rims too, im going to the jy tomorrow to pick out a clean set and go get them mounted up. what year was the first with 16s? 2001?
  4. D

Installing speaker specific amps

Thanks guys, i was actually talking to a guy at my work about this and somehow i ended up buying his sweet headunit off him, it's pioneer avh-6600 and it was at an unbelievable price too. In my experience everything pioneer sounds so much better so maybe this should hold me over for another few...
  5. D

New Rims!

Handheld tuner like scan tool?
  6. D

New Rims!

I thought I something in a different post about it being a gear change in the transmission could be wrong though
  7. D

New Rims!

I actually tested it on my way in to work today using a speed trap set up by my work, showed I was doing 30 when the truck said 35. Explains why I haven't gotten many speeding tickets.
  8. D

I'm in the process of upgrading some things in the truck and I'm trying to figure out if a new head unit would make a significant difference to sound quality or if I should just go for the amp powered speakers, what's your guys recommendations?
  9. D

Any one on here really good with sound systems and what not? I've got a decent sound system coming along and im trying to add speaker specific amps in the doors to make it sound that much better, my question is would i have to add bigger gauge wires for a small 50 watt amp just or would i be...
  10. D

New Rims!

Thanks for the responses! right now im pretty sure my speedo is off to begin with, my wheel speed sensor has been messed up for awhile now.
  11. D

New Rims!

My explorer came with stock 15's on it, can i take the rims off a newer model explorer that has 16's on it and not have to worry about any clearance issues? i was looking to put 245/75/16 tires on it,
  12. D

Blown Motor Off Road Project

well thats a dream killer, i guess i'll stick with the 4.0 sohc, if i can find an 03 and up motor
  13. D

Blown Motor Off Road Project

I recently blew the motor in my stock '99 explorer xlt 4.0 sohc (damn timing chain tensioner) and now that it's just sitting in my drive way wasting space i plan on turning it into my new off road project and obviously i need to start with the engine, I was thinking of going V8 since from what...
  14. D

Catastrophic timing chain failure

i had a mechanic came and inspect the truck today and he said timing chain had tore through the first cylinder on the drivers side as i understood it and that my valves and pistons were damaged. i was quoted about 1200 to replace the motor with labor and am just wondering if thats really worth...
  15. D

well it looks like this motor is at the end of it's life, anyone know where i can get an 03+ motor for under 400?
  16. D

I have two theories as of right now one is that my engine is being starved of oil and it seized up on me, my second is that just that tensioner broke. IF it is just that tensioner, do i have to take apart my entire engine to re adjust my timing chain and make sure that all of those components...
  17. D

interesting turn of events, i made it to my parents house to meet up with a mechanic to have him help me diagnose my problem and low and behold, THE TRUCK TURNED OVER. but only for a miniscule amount of time. any ideas what this could be?
  18. D

Thanks for the tips guys, just a quick question, if it wasnt the timing chain that popped and it was just that stupid tensioner would i have to take apart everything to put the chain back on and what not or would all that stuff still be ok,
  19. D

As most of you are aware certain SOHC 4.0L engines have that annoying rattle, on cold starts. My truck was one of those affected by that issue and today, something finally popped. Can anyone give me some good lists of parts or walk throughs on how to completely rip apart the front of my engine...
  20. D

4x4 issue

thanks guys, i can't wait to get this fixed this weekend so i can finally use my 4x4 for what it was intended
  21. D

4x4 issue

I just changed my brake pads this summer and like I said it only does it with 4x4 engaged. My abs light has been on since I bought the truck a few years ago. If I don't have a torch can I still do this myself?
  22. D

4x4 issue

My truck has recently been having issues in 4x4 lately my left side has been making a horrible sound that's obviously metal on metal contact. Can you guys give me a list of parts to check so I can get this fixed? Chicago just got hit with 2 feet of snow so I really need the 4x4 fixed. Thanks guys
  23. D

deleting traction control program?

Which is why I would like to delete to traction control program. If I delete the program the transfer case should never engage unless I use the switch the myself.
  24. D

deleting traction control program?

Is anyone else sick of driving their explorer and having the traction control kick on when you're trying to do burn outs, doughnuts ect? would anyone know if their was a way to remove the traction control program through a scanner?
  25. D

Tips on running wires from speakers to amp in a 99 xlt?

what about running wires from my speakers to the amp? am i gonna have to take off the pillar panels for that?
Back