Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

'95 Relays and locations - owner guide

'95 Relay diagrams This one too.
  2. B

'95 Relays and locations - owner guide

Just fixed my frozen power windows along with flashing 4wd and 4wd low lights by changing out the associated relay; easy if you know where to look. Here's the diagrams out of my owner guide. Incidentally my owner guide shows a p/n of "FCS-12018-95" on the back. Google that, to see saw a...
  3. B

High Idle RPM (1991 Explorer)

Just had this; the shop replaced idle control valve; fixed it.
  4. B

Very high idle

I just had this; shop clanged out a stuck idle control valve. All good now.
  5. B

How To: Troubleshoot 1997 V8 Blower motor

An additional(full) diagram and legend for Aux Relay box #1 is located in this thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253417 I'm starting to copy and save these pics and diagrams for future use!
  6. B

Replace Front Seatbelt and Retractor

More: the whole job ran no more than an hour and was much easier than I had thought. I used a (metric) socket set, T47 bit, and a screwdriver helped out. Oil and a vacuum cleaner, too.
  7. B

My wife's 2000 XLT 4-door's driver seat belt was acting up and would not fully retract and kind of "chug" in a herky-jerky fashion which it had not done before. I dove into the job this morning, here's how I did it: 1. Pull up the 4-foot long floor trim strip, no tools really needed it is...
  8. B

I've been searching for information about this procedure and coming up mostly empty (Front outboard assembly). The inboard belt job has lots of post on that. So far, this is the only existing online guidance I found...
  9. B

How To: Troubleshoot 1997 V8 Blower motor

On my 1995, I'd lost the function of one of the fan speed settings and assumed it to be a blower resistor. It wasn't. After much similar troubleshooting, I finally found the trouble to be a burned out relay module located in a relay block in the front passenger side of the engine compartment...
  10. B

Easy fix for lock actuator broken from door rivet

Two Ford service procedure documents (pdf's) showing both door access disassembly and their version of the lock actuator removal are located here: http://www.justanswer.com/questions/1tg73-replace-door-lock-actuator
  11. B

Hub & Bearing Assembly 95-01 (I think)

nut size & torque Just changed my brake rotors on 2000 4 x 2. Nut size on mine was 1 1/16" or 27mm. Torque (from Ford shop manual) was listed at 20 ft-lb, loosen half a turn, then retighten to 17 ft-lb; pretty low.
Back