Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Catalytic Converter: Confused

If it help..... I remove the 3 cat on my 99 cougar and without MILS the check engine light came on!!! Not one single issues with MILS!!!
  2. M

CV joint replacement or repair

Had similar noise. Change both lower tab and ball joint and CV joint. Still have same noise but weaker........ Both bearing were change less than 6 month ago..........I'm waiting for the noise to be louder in order to locate the source!
  3. M

Cleaning yellow headlights.

Wet sanding is the way to go! But in doing so you are removing most of the UV absorber/film. Your lens will fade/fog/yellow faster!
  4. M

Roof Rack?

On Ebay they use to go for around 70$
  5. M

TT issue

Unfortunately You'll need longer bolts. Mine too where not equal! From what I've read it is related to the fact that the ST has more weight on the driver side ei. driver, fuel tank... ZABTECH sell them for cheap!
  6. M

Front axle seal

Same problem here!!! My solution: Found a deal for a set of axle. I will change the whole think! I've try to change just the boots, but it's a PITA to separate the axles!! GL
  7. M

First gen explorer pickup

Mouhahahahaha !!!:D
  8. M

Dealership couldnt pull the orignal keypad code....?? Help!!

Had similar problem........ dealer couldn't program a spare key. They later find out that there was a burn PATS fuse!! Just sharing!!
  9. M

First gen explorer pickup

Not that bad.......... but I do prefer mine!
  10. M

shackles!!!

IIRC Copperhead shackles should give you 2'' of lift.............I'll confirm next week when I put them on! And they sell cheaper then WAR153, ugly but look indestructible!!
  11. M

General Grabber AT2

I was hesitating between thoses and the KO..... end up buying KO because I got them for 5$ more each then the Grabber.!!! They realy look nice!!
  12. M

02+ Explorer Leaf Springs

Waht about longer shackles??!!
  13. M

found some 2" lift shackles for sale online

Tx a bunch Maniak! I'll drill mine to 14mm!
  14. M

Tx Rob, The whole point of asking if someone knows is not to dismantle it twice!!
  15. M

Just bought copperhead shackles! It look like I'll have to enlarge hole on it! Anyone know what the right (stock) hole diameter ?? Tx
  16. M

programming new key

They are right!! If you have pats key and only one of them you need the dealer to program a second one and they CHARGE you for it. After that you can program up to 8 key (including the first two) IIRC!
  17. M

squeaking noise

You can have a look at your OEM tonneau cover (if you have one). Mine produce quite some noise! My two cents!!
  18. M

Aftermarket Sunroof?

The dealer ask 1700$ for the moonroof track alone on my old 99 cougar!!! I would't be surprise if it cost an arm and a leg for your whole sunroof! GL
  19. M

Emergency jack? Bottle jack won't cut it anymore...

Why not weld something to your actual stock jack?!?!??!? Just an idea.
  20. M

Largest spare tire that wil fit under bed

Anyone have try a 31'' under??? (I know it's 1 year old but I'm looking for this info)
  21. M

Hand Brake adjustment

Old thread but............ any solution??? My hand brake barely bites and brake are new on 4 corners!
  22. M

stolen Explorer Sport

Got my old honda prelude stolen years ago........... and they found it!! Let me tell you this: YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE YOUR X BACK Because most of the time it's been abuse/wreck/partialy destroy/etc....... Even with insurance it cost me more than 1000$ to fix everything back to normal...
  23. M

Help!! Quick question

Update: I've finish!! Everything fit perfectly. For those who want to know, to fit a F-150 bed extender in a Sport trac, you have to cut 2 1/4 inches on each side. 1-Remove the plastic gear (two bolt + plastic lock on each side) 2-Cut 2 1/4'' on each side 3-Drill new holes and reinstall...
  24. M

Help!! Quick question

Tx Paul and Gregg, I cut one side of the bed extender by 2 1/4'' tonight (didn't have time to finish it).............. that way it should sit right in thoses square notches on the tailgate. I let you know!!
  25. M

Help!! Quick question

Than I guess I don't have the right bed extender!!! Tx a lot to all! I'm gone try to cut some inches to mine. They go for quite some $$$$ around here (200$)............ I got this one for 50$. Anyone has a close pics of where it sit on the open tail gate??
Back