Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

2002 XLT 4.6 Coolant Leak

I got my new intake manifold from Tousley this week and am about to do the job. Does anyone know what the manifold bolts are torqued to?
  2. C

I was browsing around Tousley's website and came across this. I have yet to find this part by itself ANYWHERE else. Do you think the housing can be replaced without replacing the whole manifold? It's only half the price at $122.69 see number 6...
  3. C

Got a better look at my leak just now and I think it's just like most everyone elses here. I snapped a couple photos after I took out the thermostat. First pic shows the inside where the thermostat sits. I noticed there is a piece of rubber sticking out on the backside. I can push in on...
  4. C

It appears that I am actually leaking coolant from a hole in the aluminum crossover itself. The hole it on the backside of the housing coolant inlet. I'll need to look really carefully one more time just to make sure its not the mating surface with the intake manifold but I'm pretty sure. If...
  5. C

5R55W Fluid Fill

Update: Today after going for a drive around the block, I added the other 2 quarts of oil which brings the total added volume close to the 1.5 gal I drained out. This time the fluid didn't spit right back out as it did before. The first time all I did to try and cycle the fluid was start the...
  6. C

5R55W Fluid Fill

I changed my fluid and filter over the weekend and there are two things that are concerning me. The first would be the fact that I drained about 6 quarts of oil (let it sit a couple hours) but upon filling it gave indications of "full" after only 4 quarts going back in. I cycled it through...
  7. C

Solenoid Block versus Servo Bore Problem - 2005 w/5R55S Tranny

You could always try installing the O-ringed servos. It might help prevent the uneven bore wear. Besides that there isn't much else preventive work you can do besides dropping the pan, replacing the filter and adding in a few fresh quarts every 30k or so. In my opinion, changing the filter...
  8. C

servo-bore fix, 5r55w

I'm starting to experience some slippage in 5th and late shifting into 2nd leading me to believe my OD servo bore is about gone. I've actually had this same issue "repaired" a couple years ago by a shop and I'm wondering exactly what their fix entailed. I can't remember that far back. If they...
  9. C

Electrical Problem, dead battery

So I've had a "dead Battery-like" condition a time or two since I last replied. The very strange thing is I go to start and get the single click. The analog gage on the dash will show nothing and the lights wont even work (not even dimmly). BUT when I first hopped in to start her up, the...
  10. C

Need to replace motor mounts

Has anyone here ever had to change their motor mounts? I am planning on doing mine tomorrow. One of my mounts has cracked rubber and the other is completely toast. I have an 02 XLT V8 w 4wd. This doesn't appear to be a very common R&R in this forum. I just wanted to see if anyone had some tips...
  11. C

Short trips with undersized spare

Hopefully not. You could always pull the fuse that turns on the 4x4 auto next time and put the spare on one of the fronts. I don't remember which fuse that was though.
  12. C

Spare Tire Strategy

I know this is an OLD thread, but hey, what the heck... While reading some other threads on this forum about the limited slip differentials and 4x4 auto with the selector switch on the dash, I heard quite a bit about the importance of matching the tire sizes as best as possible. I can't...
  13. C

rear abs sensor

I just changed mine yesterday actually and yes it is on the top of the diff. I also changed the diff fluid while I was down there. I took out the spare tire for space and reached the ABS sensor by laying on the ground looking up at it from the front drivers side and had to get my hand in there...
  14. C

Are both my front wheel bearings bad?

That's what I did before and both would only wiggle left to right (holding at 9 ands 3). I've also noticed occasionally when I back out of the driveway, a loud click or snap when I start to turn the steering wheel.
  15. C

No ideas anyone?
  16. C

Hi all, I've recently come across a loud humming noise when driving freeway speeds and making a left hand turn. I immediately thought bad FR wheel bearing even though I replaced that one not too long ago. Once home I lifted the front end and checked for play in the hubs. Movement from the top...
  17. C

Is my IAC valve after-market?

Strange. Mine must be aftermarket. http://www.flickr.com/photos/69365441@N03/6307132884/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/69365441@N03/6306611717/ Besides that, I looked into the whistling issue a little more. The good news is, it's not the IAC valve. The bad news is, it's not the IAC...
  18. C

Is my IAC valve after-market?

2002 V8 XLT and >150k. So I've been having a very annoying whistling noise that I believe is coming from my IAC. Cleaning it hasn't helped much at all so I looked up a replacement on rockauto and noticed mine doesn't look like the motorcraft part they have in the picture. Mine has that black...
  19. C

I have not but I will do that first. I probably won't know if that helps until the next storm though. Thanks.
  20. C

Here is a follow up in case anyone reads this again. About a month ago I was having the "door adjar" problem that was mentioned above. It went on for about a week while we were having really mucky weather here in Phoenix. By the time I was going to get around to fix the switch, the weather...
  21. C

Brake bleeding.

You finish up your brakes yet Ice Pick? And while were on the subject of bleeding the break lines with the mityvac, I tried to flush by brake system out but I was having a problem. I used one of the attachments that came to a point so I could stick it in the hole of the bleeder because the...
  22. C

Spark Plugs....

Haha, of course it's the one place I haven't looked! Thanks. I'm sure you could just clean the old ones up real good. As long as they aren't overly compressed. If they are you can prob stretch them out just a little but not so much that they keep the boot from doing it job of covering it all up.
  23. C

Spark Plugs....

I re-read over this thread just now and I noticed you had trouble with some of the coil pack connecters clicking in and you zip tied them. When I did my plugs, I had to pull the little clips back with my finger nail on every single one for them for them to stay connected. I think all the greasy...
  24. C

Spark Plugs....

My '02 V8 has them but the V6 does not.
  25. C

Spark Plugs....

Ya I actually had oil on about 4 of them. Do the boots just pop off of the coil packs or what? I didn't really mess with them, just cleaned them up a bit.
Back